[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thermal paste on pci connector
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: R9-290-SAPPHIRE-6.jpg (71 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
R9-290-SAPPHIRE-6.jpg
71 KB, 550x365
How bad is it if there's a bit of paste on the connector that connects to the motherboard?

An r9 290 card I have is blue screening but I'm pretty sure it's because I fried the vrms after running it at 105c+ alot and mining buttcoins, but I noticed there's a bit of paste on it

Could it be the issue or if it boots already it shouldn't be the problem?
>>
It wouldn't work at all if there wasn't a solid connection.
>>
Forgot to mention ,it actually boots sometimes but bluescreens afterwards, and if I run in crossfire it doesn't detect AMD drivers but shows the card in speccy (simply as r9 200 series with no info)
>>
>>51392128
Is there stuff I can do to possibly resurrect it or is it a goner?
>>
>amd
>>
File: mk.gif (561 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mk.gif
561 KB, 320x180
i cant believe you would use that beautiful piece of hardware for mining
>>
>>51392468
this would happen with an nvidia card too
>>
Well I fucked up my old 290, first i biosflashed it into thinking it was a 390, got like 25% boost on it, then i overclocked the fucker. and i had like WTF, and then it made this weird buzz buzz like a high pitch electric power station buzzzz, and then i kinda dropped it 40 feet down on a assfalt road. but i would recommend you to try and bios flash it, using the atiflash tools, can be done from cmd or make a dos usb boot stick and do it from there. theres some good guies on how to bios flash your gpu. just get the atiflash tool, and use that to try and read the info from your card. and maybe try and flash a new bios into it.
>>
>>51392541
>high pitch electric power station buzzzz
coil whine
>>
>>51392541

ATIFlash 2.71
>>
>>51392116
Why were you trying to mine bitcoins on a gpu well into the days of bitcoin asics?

Individual GPU mining died in 2012, GPU farm mining died in 2014.
>>
>>51392116

Got one with the same symptoms from a friend to fuck with, baked an slaped raijintek morpheus on it, werking for a year now usually at 1220/1420 so probably cold solder.
>>
>>51393105
baked it and slapped *
>>
>>51392541
>Assfalt

My sides
>>
>>51392116
Clean it off with some IPA.
>>
>>51392116
>mining
>shekels
buy a brand new titan
>>
>>51392541
Why would an r9 290 secretly be a 390? They were released before 390 existed
>>
>>51392623
I mined back in 2013-14, and I mined alt coins, I just said buttcoins because it's funny
>>
>>51393105
Baked it? What
>>
>>51393708
common method of reviving, melts the solder, fixes connections
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.