[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i never asked for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG-20151109-WA0005.jpg (210 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151109-WA0005.jpg
210 KB, 900x1600
So my little brother wanted me to install a new gpu. So I first cleaned everything with a cheap air can thingy. Nothing special, I just changed the gpu but the pc case or just me was retarded and when pressing in I missed the slot and pressed against the mobo. Well when starting the pc, the fans of everything are running for like one second and then everything stops and everything tries to start again and again.

My first thought was that the psu bricked so I changed it. Didnt help, Replugged everything, didnt help, tried to start with just mobo l, didnt work. Changed cpu fan, reapplied thermal paste. I took everything off and build it in twoce I pretty much tried everything I can think of for the last 6 hours.
I don't really have much knowledge about hardware but I came to conclusion that the motherboard or cpu is the problem.
Now my question is: Any way to exactly tell whats wrong or if I can fix it? Should I just buy a new mobo?

Cancerous writing because im on phone
>>
>>51390034
Reseat everything, try the old GPU again, try the CPU in another computer, check the beep codes.
>>
Put the mobo in the oven
>>
>>51390081
Linus get out.
>>
>>51390071
I tried 3 gpus its not the gpu also no beepcode. It just starts then shuts itself down after 1 sec.
>>
>>51390095
Try the CPU in another computer.
>>
>>51390034
You need to diagnose whats wrong first or else you will have a costly repair. If you have a spare working computer( perferably one you dont depend on) try the broken parts in that till you rule everything out.

Also look for damage or loose cabling. Everything might be fine but if the connections are bad your sol.
>>
>>51390133
Its not the gpu its not the psu. Cables should be fine.
Only got other broken pcs that would also need Fixing.

Its a H61MA-E35 msi mobo and if I recall correctly they are dirtcheap anyways. I wonder if I should bring the Computer to someone who knows what hes doinf or just buy a new motherboard.

Also how could the cpu be damaged from Changing the gpu?
>>
>>51390095
Nice short circuit lad
>>
>>51390243
Wouldn't it just not start if it was short circuited tho desu
>>
Op here. Now after ordering new motherboard and cpu i realized the ram wasnt plugged in Properly.

Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>51391654
cancel?
>>
>>51391654
You are so stupid
>>
>>51391654
Kek well done
>>
>>51391654
Wtf did i tell you, check for loose connection.

Same shit happen to me. 20pin connector wasnt in right, bought 850w psu for no reason. It happens.
>>
>>51391654
lol
i was about to tell you to reseat the ram or try booting with no ram connected and see if you get a beep code
>>
File: 1440305752001.jpg (109 KB, 836x526) Image search: [Google]
1440305752001.jpg
109 KB, 836x526
>>51391691
Had an excuse to upgrade now anyways.

>>51391706
My fingernails split open and pumped blood on my 90degree bended Mobo, thats how hard I had to press them in.

Well atleast I learned how to build computers together.
>>
>>51390034
Remove the cmos battery for 10 seconds
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.