[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, apparently there are a lot of breaking and enterings in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 14112015081116.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
14112015081116.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
So, apparently there are a lot of breaking and enterings in my area, time has come for me to boost my security.

What does /g/ use for encryption?
I was considering truecrypt, it seems nice, however, since it is no longer updated, are there any major security issues with it?

Same with backup, are you on dropbox botnet or what do you use?
>>
>>51388788
I use bit locker, (the truecrypt update)
If you go on truecrypt.sourceforge.net, it'll explain all the steps to create a separate partition and then hide it
>>
thieves arent even going to bother trying to break through a windows password. they only care about stealing a device to sell it to someone else who wont even bother trying to crack the windows password

regardless, if you are still paranoid it literally does not matter because of the shit i said above, and no matter what encryption tool you use no one will take the time to decrypt it.

dont like a fucking tool, just use bitlocker or literally anything you fucking fag, because everyone here knows you would give up your password to the police after one night in jail you fucking nerd
>>
>>51388928
Why would the police want nudes of my girlfriend and my logins and shit?
I've had computers stolen before, and then I got my game stolen and pictures of gf full nude etc etc.

How about backups? I don't want to loose my shit again..
>>51388886
Thanks almost quad anon, I thought it looked so scetchy, will read right away!
>>
>>51388999
if you want to encrypt shit because of it being stolen that is fine. just use literally whatever you want because no one is going to bother trying to crack it
>>
>>51389050
Most likely not, you are correct. So bitlocker will do?
My old company used truecrypt (late 2015) to be encrypt their shit. And they are a multi national company, are they stupid as fuck?
>>
>>51388928
if he uses bitlocker, there's no need to give the password to the police since NSA/Windows already have it save :^)
>>
>>51388999
backup is always a bit problematic, because of the unsecurity of prolonged storage with physical external HDD.
And online storage is often limited

What you can do is buy 1 or 2 usb's and store a copy of your OS backup on both of them, and them sore online all pics etc (maybe not the nudes)
>>
>>51389307
My thought exactly. Bitlocker is microkek? How the heck should I be able to trust that?
Guess I can't trust ubuntu built in either?
I want it to prompt everytime I start my computer, so when I have it off, only I can get on it.
>>
>>51388788
Get a gun
>>
>>51388999
>tfw when nobody checks your trips
Nice trips anon
>>51389088
Your dubs have been overshadowed desu baka sempai
>>
>>51389425
If Ubuntu uses LUKS you can literally just check if you can trust it. Or since you're not a megacorp with unlimited resources just assume that if the world flips out over a file with "nsa" in it in Windows, then somebody would sure as hell flip their shit about an actual backdoor with actual proof
>>
>>51388788
>are there any major security issues with it
There is an elevation of privilege bug in the TrueCrypt driver
There is an interesting article by James Forshaw about it (a bit technical) on googleprojectzero blog (link's triggering the spam filter baka)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.