[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Silicon Valley, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
What do you think of Silicon Valley, /g/?
>>
It's genius
>>
fucking sucks. Pseudo intellectual bullshit that panders to fedora neckbeards

[edit]
kill yourself OP
>>
>>51386935
A decent representation of startup scene: a bunch of faggots who pretty much know jack shit whose only option to make some money is getting buy by some big ass corporation.
>>
>>51387007
also they can only understand technical concepts in terms of jacking off dudes.
>>
Is it really possible to break the theoretical limits of compression? And to do so overnight?

Aside from that, I find it pretty funny.
>>
>>51386935
Wouldn't a Silicon Valley just be a desert?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>PR and marketing is called growth hacks
>>
it's like the Big Bang Theory except with programmers, it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>51387237
The difference is that in SV they don't play laughing sounds so the audience know when to laugh
>>
>>51386935
it's a comedy series and therefore shit
>>
File: smart-car-silicon-valley-1.jpg (60 KB, 1058x529) Image search: [Google]
smart-car-silicon-valley-1.jpg
60 KB, 1058x529
>>51387237
This is a surprisingly naive understanding of SV. It seems like you haven't watched either BBT or SV. I would really recommend watching both before comparing them.

Big Bang Theory takes itself seriously inasmuch as it's about some nerds at some university who are trying to navigate the "real world". It's painful and unfunny because the show is oblivious to how awfully two-dimensional the characters are.

Silicon Valley consciously mocks the tech industry. The OP's image is a jab at Steve Jobs and all the faggots who think that if they dress up in black turtlenecks and make that faux-ponderous look, they'll evoke the Holy Design Spirit.

The whole show makes fun of cliches and tropes that honestly exist in the Bay Area (so maybe you need to live in the Bay Area to appreciate some of this shit). It's using the setting - silicon valley - as an easily mocked pretense for satire and shit.

Do you see this shit in the picture? This shit is real. This is fucking real right here.

If you think BBT is attempting satire and mocking tech culture the way SV does, it must be because you either haven't watched either or couldn't get past some autism high pass filter.
>>
>>51387018
That was literally just one episode, and it was obviously meant to be a joke. It's like saying "newton can only understand physic concepts in terms of apples falling on him", which tells me you're completely missing the point. basically, you may have autism.
>>
>>51386935
it's like sperm.
>>
>>51387447
>applels on newton meme
instantly recognised this show is shit
>>
File: THIS GUY FUCKS.jpg (27 KB, 165x166) Image search: [Google]
THIS GUY FUCKS.jpg
27 KB, 165x166
THIS
GUY
FUCKS
>>
>>51386935
Bigdick gangBang Theorem is far superior.
>>
>>51387773
THIS

GUY

FUCKS
>>
>>51387773
Where did he learn German?
>>
As a guy who's working in Silicon Valley right now

You will never know exactly how accurate this show is until you work here.
>>
What other tech shows are there apart from this, HCF and Mr Robot?
>>
>>51389721
Humans
>>
>>51389633
The problem isn't where, but when. It's very likely he's involved in atrocities, and might be alive since WWII. He's like the Kenneth Parcell of this show.
>>
>>51389721
big bang theory
>>
>>51387003
this.
>>
>>51386935
I listened to an interview with Mike Judge (creator) and he actually used to work as an engineer, so he supposedly has some experience with programmers etc. (like ages ago)
>>
>>51387093
kek
>>
Seeing how people in the show react to getting their start up funded is exactly how I imagine most people on my course would react. Like obviously was called a nerd one too many times in school and now they've 'made it' they try WAY too hard to be cool, throwing parties with Kid Rock and producing your own tequila brand.
>>
Not funny. Retarded unlikable characters. Good music.
>>
>>51391281
>not funny
>not liking Gilfoyle
Get the fuck out..
>>
File: shot0020.jpg (86 KB, 574x600) Image search: [Google]
shot0020.jpg
86 KB, 574x600
SCRUMPTIOUS
>>
>>51391333
Good character desu, can't wait until I hire a mouthy cunt out of fear of being fined into bankruptcy.
>>
>>51391297
based
>>
>>51387003
Spotted the bitter contrarian who is too cool to like anything.
>>
>>51387304
I thought the image was to pander to normie crowd. Because let's be honest neckbeards wo understand anything about technology either don't pay much attention to TV series or watch underage 2d grills
>>
>>51387237
This is literally the opinion of everybody who hasn't seen it. There's no correlation between the 2 shows. SV is about technology and start ups while big bang is a fucking reddit tier science "comedy".
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.