[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nodejs respository replaces suicide as a verb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: nodejew-s.png (14 KB, 711x282) Image search: [Google]
nodejew-s.png
14 KB, 711x282
https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/3721
>>
>>51321086
Yes yes,
>muh sjw

Please bring it to /pol/
>>
>>51321101
i dont work for free
>>
>>51321101
baka I was hoping for spooky scary skeletons desu senpai
>>
>>51321101
This is tech related
Not please bring yourself back to Tumblr
>>
File: 1434696459925.png (17 KB, 766x109) Image search: [Google]
1434696459925.png
17 KB, 766x109
>>
>>51321203
Related? Sure
Relevant or even mildly interesting as a topic in a technology forum? No
Go fuck yourself, /r/mensrights/
>>
>>51321086
What were they doing that "suicide" was part of the source tree to begin with?
>>
Reading this thread has actually caused me to lose faith in humanity and thus increase the chances that I actually commit suicide.
>>
>>51321236
>im not interested so no one else is interested!
Typical SJW behavior. Shouldn't you be at some kind of protests complaining about how not privileged you are?
>>
>>51321236
yea anon, they should replace it with sudoku
>>
>>51321279
Who said I'm not interested? I think it's yet another ridiculous encroachment on reasonable behavior by radical individuals because of a boogeyman word.
It just doesn't need to be on /g/ yet again.
>>
>>51321086
>hmm, guys what should we name this method that terminates itself?

i know, we should get rid of the concept entirely because some people like to live in a completely sheltered world where nothing that makes them uncomfortable is allowed, and they still grow up to be wise, well-rounded human beans
>>
File: ghsjw.png (37 KB, 788x283) Image search: [Google]
ghsjw.png
37 KB, 788x283
>>51321086
>>
>>51321292
hes against it you tool.
>>
>>51321292
>what is sarcasm
>>
File: 1445190561434.jpg (107 KB, 440x703) Image search: [Google]
1445190561434.jpg
107 KB, 440x703
>>51321292
>>
fuck it, fork it senpai
>>
>>51321327
>boogeyman word
How this by any chance a "boogeyman" are you trying to imply these people don't exist? Because, evidently from OP's post, they do. And if you have been paying any attention to the news lately, you sure as fuck would know this is a problem.
>>
>>51321292
remember when ben left over this same type of issue? I wonder what made him come back
>>
and then what ?
They'll find horrible that a process can kill his children, or just suicide leaving his children orphans ?
I mean fuck them! I like this concept with zombies
>>
>>51321388
Err what? I agree with op in all ways save the most relevant board. Try a little more reading comprehension next time
>>
so none of these people are smart enough to actually advance the programming language, but they are smart enough to ctrl+f and change variable names. it's like that kid who gets the source for some contacts app, changes all the entries of contact to "food name" and calls it a food logging database app so he can feel like he could into teh smart stuff
>>
>>51321086
Github makes me want to auto-homo-xeno-quietus myself.
-- suicide
++ auto-homo-xeno-quietus
>>
>>51321234
>not sudoku
>>
>>51321086
>I'm :+1: on replacing problematic terminology gradually, with aliases. For the kill and suicide terms, it seems to me like stop and stopped actually makes more sense, especially across language barriers. The master and worker terminology could also be parent and child, which seems a bit friendlier.

>Sadly, the whole unix process model is overridden with terminology related to violence and slavery...

More and more proof that using JS is a symptom of a mental illness.
>>
>I think that this verb is particularly meaningful in that a member of our community killed himself not that long ago and those of us that were close to him would rather not be reminded of it every time we use this API

holy fuck, that's a bunch of ultimate beta-manlets.
>>
self.annihilate
>>
>you kill a process to end it

>so what do you say when the process kills itself

>not suicide, you shitlord
>>
>>51321363
How is master/worker bad?

This isn't even master/slave.
This is master/worker, which is pretty much anyone who's not the owner of a company/selfmade.

I'm a worker, my manager is my master at work.
>>
master: over{lord,lady}
slave: beholden
>>
>>51321203
>>51321279
>someone tells me to fuck off with my idpol bullshit
>SJW!! tumblr!!

>>51321388
First, it's an inherently a political problem, not a technological problem, thus you should take it to the politics board.
And second, it's barely relevant anywhere but in the US. Although you fucks are beginning to infect the UN.
>>
>>51323556
Someone tell them slavery/any violent act is only bad on sentient things, and computers aren't sentient.

Or are they uncomfortable with the fact that they are enslaving an object?
>>
File: nofuckyou.gif (34 KB, 800x399) Image search: [Google]
nofuckyou.gif
34 KB, 800x399
How did these crybaby faggots begin to outnumber and be louder than normal people so quickly, in LITERALLY EVERY FIELD? It wasn't like this 3 years ago. Now they're getting ivy professors fired, changing whatever program they want, getting invited to UN for being 'cyberbullied'.
What the fuck changed? Did ordinary people just vanish?
>>
>>51323670
they've slowly been infiltrating key positions like HR, then using that to hire more people like them
>>
:^)
>>
>>51323670
>How did these crybaby faggots begin to outnumber
They haven't.
They're a minority, they're just fucking obnoxious.
They're also fucking shills who want to get in positions of power. But they haven't outnumbered normal people. Most people ignore them.
>>
>>51323709
But they are in positions of power, and they are vocal.

They just need to be vocal enough so that everyone thinks these people are the majority.
>>
>Don't forget the sexual overtones: mount, touch, finger...

Is this one of you guys fucking around or is this real
>>
>>51323740
>[...] finger... Back on topic, we can't remove the .suicide property because of backwards compatibility
He's fucking around
>>
>>51323699
>feminazi-group is the only department at google without pooinloos
kek, even they have some pride.
>>
>>51323670
Every election cycle the ultra-wealthy pick some trivial bullshit and use it to divide us. Now that gay marriage is legal they need their next distraction.

Corruption in politics, wealth distribution, social programs, net neutrality, free speech, etc. far outweigh these imaginary issues.
>>
>>51323750
Newfags don't know you're supposed to save this shit for April 1.
>>
>>51323647
Fuck off sjw faggot
>>
>>51323740
that's ben noordhuis. he's the guy that got shit on by the node community for shutting down a guy who wanted gender neutral pronouns in the docs

hehe
>>
>>51321236
It is relevant

It's relevant to getting more people to migrate away from github and its community of rabid, non-programmer trolls before they're faced with obeying comically PC demands or being doxed and eventually fired from their job due to the SJW's favorite tactic - incessant character defamation.

Also a gamergater's favorite tactic, but can't criticise those guys or you'll turn into a homosexual hipster with tattoos and a 24/7 buttplug.
>>
>>51323614
Only workers should exist in perfect communism
>>
>>51323832
Why is this mostly limited to Github?
>>
Node is a meme language
>>
>>51323866
Pick your explanation:

A) Github is popular. Normies end up on popular sites.

B) The people paying them to cause this trouble told them where to go.
>>
>>51323866
github is very popular among web developers/macfags/californians
>>
This shouldn't be on g.
If you use node you shouldn't be on g.
>>
>>51321156
reported
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.