[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you say are some common rules EVERYONE in the computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: beavis.jpg (26 KB, 499x382) Image search: [Google]
beavis.jpg
26 KB, 499x382
What would you say are some common rules EVERYONE in the computer industry should follow?
>>
respect women
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>51320724

Why specifically women? Why not respect everybody?
>>
an hero
>>
>>51320712
smoke weed everyday
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
>>51320738
men are monsters
>>
>>51320738
That's what I was getting at, but because women are specifically not respected in the computer industry it's more concise to focus my point on women specifically and not say "everyone" because "everyone" is mostly respected in the industry BUT women.
>>
>>51320782
women are respected in the industry, it's the loudmouthed know-nothings who stir up shit and think they deserve a job simply for being born in the right half of the population.
>>
>>51320738

This is why men disgust me.

I’m a lesbian and am sick to death of you ignorant bastards. For starters, no, I will not show you my tits. I don’t see how any of you have the right to tell another woman to get naked, you dogs might see women as flesh for your pleasure but NOTHING gives you the right to take advantage of a woman just because you believe that you’re ‘stronger’ or ‘better’. You describe women as ‘cumdumpsters’, quite frankly I’m enraged by this, if I ever heard you say this word in real life I would punch you so hard you’d be in a comma for the next month.

What gives you the right to think that you can tell us what to do? I will never be ordered around by a man. Actually I’m so passionate about this I managed to get this fucking guy suspended from my work for making sexist comments about me and ordering me to get him a fucking coffee every minute. Now he’s learnt his lesson and is making ME the coffee.

I weep for a world without men, a paradise. Without men there would be no crime, no wars and everyone would be treated equally.

Unfortunately I can’t see my utopia happening anytime soon but I warn you, women’s rights groups are still fighting for equality and in the future society might not be quite so lenient on you misogynist bastards.
>>
>>51320806
*that people hate
>>
>>51320817
Do you expect anyone to read that, nigger?
>>
File: 304.png (304 B, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
304.png
304 B, 250x250
>>51320817
Holy shit. Came here from the archive to jokingly comment something like
>is this real
and then go about my day.

Thanks for the pasta.
>>
File: doomlord5000_title.jpg (73 KB, 645x505) Image search: [Google]
doomlord5000_title.jpg
73 KB, 645x505
>>51320712
higher revision, less bugs. period.
>>
>>51320817
Don't worry about your tits, you not on /b/
>>
Does anyone else smell the bait?
>>
Never ever under any circumstances let yourself be alone at the office with a female.
>>
>>51320712
>some common rules EVERYONE in the computer industry should follow?
advancement based on meritocracy alone. any other approach is guaranteed to produce shitty products and, in general over time, shitty developers.
>>
>>51320774
>>51320817
tumblr pls

>>51321519
this
>>
Reject women.
>>
>>51320782
I work in Silicon Valley and specifically in IT at a high tech company. I have worked at nvidia, amd, vmware, netapp in the past.

There is no fucking sexism problem. there are no fucking white women in engineering or IT because they are all in marketing and finance. If you want more white women in tech you need to stop giving out all these visas to asians who are WAY overrepresented in tech.

That being said I love my asian coworkers because they get shit done and are as reliable as germans.
>>
Aim high enough so that the indians can't grab your feet and drag you back down.
>>
>>51320817
>in a ,
>>
>>51323619
this

>>51323681
That's another bullshit thing I don't get lately. There's such a hype about women being held back from tech and all that, but if they're so eager to get into tech then maybe they should get off their fucking asses, develop a passion and skills for it, and fucking get a job in the sector instead of waiting for it to fall into their lap out of nowhere.
>>
>>51320712
RTFM.
>>
>>51326982
Nobody is holding women back from tech, except themselves. I don't know any girls whatsoever who are actually interested in it at all, and the office has 0 of them too. The only girls bitching about being held back from tech are those few ones who want to get in but don't have the skills, understanding or passion and need to make a scene to score sympathy points.
>>
a common rule should be:

STOP DUMBING DOWN TECH FOR NORMIES.

imagine what websites, software, hardware would be like if it wasn’t for normies complaining about ease of use, looks or social media.

Computers used to be about learning, now it is just about helping idiots look at clickbait sjwfeed sites with their facebook friends.
>>
>>51321288
It smells damn tasty.
>>
File: types_of_antifeminist.png (588 KB, 750x1543) Image search: [Google]
types_of_antifeminist.png
588 KB, 750x1543
>>51320817
B8. Show me your tits is a meem dawg, chill
>>
>>51320817
bait
>>
>>51320712
Don't offshore jobs with speaking roles to countries with thick accents.
>>
>>51320712
Stay out of India.
>>
>>51327063
This

We'd have flying cars by now if the fucking normies hadn't wanted to assimilate every fucking thing they see, only so they could demand it to be dumbed down. I fear for the day when my current laptop breaks down and I have to get a new one, the whole market becomes shitter and shittier every year. There isn't a brand left that makes a decent laptop, doesn't oversell it, doesn't fling buzzwords at you, doesn't sell polished shit, doesn't pretend like normal basic fucking features are the next sliced bread, etc. All because of the fucking normies, their dumb consumerism and their lack of know-how. Every time I see someone with a pc doing things way above their skill level or meddling with shit they clearly don't understand, I wanna punch their face in.
>>
Overestimate the time for every project atleast 3x.

Never work 100%, work at 40-50-60% so you have some breathing room for when shit goes wrong..

Work 80-90% when you want a promotion.

The user & your boss don't care how it works or why it works. As long as it works they'll be happy.

Avoid web dev & Wordpress in general.

Sys admin jobs are the best if you're a lazy fuck.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.