[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is going on with Cryptostorm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1447224458813.jpg (240 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
1447224458813.jpg
240 KB, 1200x960
Anyone got any info on what's going on with cryptostorm? I keep hearing shit about developers being tortured, and someones dog being murdered. Anyone know the full story, and why this happened, and if it's true?
>>
File: myCAMPUTOR.jpg (481 KB, 2937x2203) Image search: [Google]
myCAMPUTOR.jpg
481 KB, 2937x2203
somebody above the devs was pmsing and started killing the dogs and the dudes
>>
I could tell you but I'd need your name and address first.
>>
>>51320091
Def. 2

Also pointless internet drama that people are stirring up for no reason. Ignore it.
>>
>>51320091
The answer is 2.
>>
>>51320091
2581=2581
fucking retards
>>
>>51320419
2581 = 66
>>
>>51320356
So nothing like that happened? If so, how do you know?

Also, if it's drama, is it drama that benefits cryptostorm, or their competitors?
>>
>>51320091
Fuck I can't even begin to get this... is it bait?
>>
>>51320450
The company is distributed enough to survive whether or not that one dude goes up in flames. It doesn't depend on him.

>>51320512
Here's a tip:
>>51320437
is correct
>>
File: ride.jpg (187 KB, 771x1280) Image search: [Google]
ride.jpg
187 KB, 771x1280
>>51320512
File name should be steins bait

In all seriousness though,

9313 -> '9' + 2x'3' + '1' = 1; 1111 -> 4x'1' = 0; etc.

So from 1111=2222=3333=5555=7777=0 we get that 1,2,3,5,7 = 0

From 0000=6666=9999=4 we get that 0,6,9 = 1

And from 6855=3, 1+'8'=3 => 8=2

4 is undefined. And that makes the answer to the puzzle 2581=2.

>>51320539
>The company is distributed enough to survive whether or not that one dude goes up in flames. It doesn't depend on him

I just don't understand the whole deal. The service seems really nice, but then i see people accusing the main guy of some weird things, but the people accusing him of these things all appear to be recommending a certain 'other' very popular provider, and they recommenced it aggressively. So i don't know if the things people accuse him of are true, or if it's just shills from a competitor.
>>
>>51320091

>>
>>51320680

It's just the amount of circles in the numbers man, don't overthink it
>>
>>51320091
Just fit a 21 degree polynomial. It might be a bit messy though.
>>
>>51320091
It's 2.
seems to be the number of circles.
>>
>>51320091
Real answer:

I don't know, and I doubt many even affiliated with the service know. Douglas Spink is out of the US and so often in and out of jail, that even if he still was linked to the company, he wouldn't have much power if any.

I've been a loyal user of their service ever since I discovered privacytools, and I sure hope they don't go away. I'd hate to have to switch to Mullvad.
>>
>>51320291
That setup is really fucking retarded.
>>
>>51320091
"ḑ̷̕r̵̨͟a͝m͏̛͢a̴̡-free"
>>
File: oldman.jpg (83 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
oldman.jpg
83 KB, 384x313
>>51321082
I want to try them out. I've used an expensive provider in the pass, but cannot afford to do so anymore.

So far I've narrowed it down to

>cryptostorm
>mullvad
>airvpn

I'm drawn more towards cryptostorm. However, something about it seems a little unstable. I just googled Douglas Spink for the first time, now i wish i hadn't. I only thought the allegations towards him were for being a snitch and huge cocaine charges. I didn't know about the other stuff...

So it is unknown if he has ties/owns the site? Why is it unknown, have crypto made a statement about it?

Mullvad seems like another choice, although i saw the whole argument they had with crypto, regarding the encryption flaw, so I'm unsure about them.

Airvpn, i don't know too much about, they're based in italy which isn't that great. Although I haven't seen anything too bad about them. although their prices are a bit high.

I'm just stumped on what to chose.
>>
>>51320091

The answer is 2581 = 2
>>
>>51322061
Yeah, that's the kicker. I don't think a whole lot of people would want an outspoken doggie diddler writing their paychecks. He founded the service that Cryptostorm is directly descended from, Cryptohaven, as well as the Baneki holding group; Cryptostorm is still closely affiliated with offices under the Baneki name.

Cryptostorm's official statement is that they aren't run by a single individual and are a decentralized project: run through Quebec, Iceland, and France. They fit all of privacytools' criteria (based outside the US, accept cryptocurrencies, support OpenVPN, and most importantly keep no logs.)

I've seen AitVPN on lists of providers not to trust, but they're also endorsed by privacytools. So I dunno.

Recent news articles would place Mr. Spink in the UK, and facing charges for...well, what he usually faces. As long as he's out of the US and Canada, there's about zero chance of him being linked to Cryptostorm at all.

I'm still a satisfied user of Crypto. Mullvad is the only other non-US-based provider that I would trust with my internet traffic.
>>
>>51320929
This, people get caught up on the equals sign and think it is some form of math problem.

I remember seeing something like this with the comment "mathematicians take hours to solve this, adults take half an hour, children take two minutes" because children pick up the shapes before the numbers.
>>
File: such_maths.jpg (89 KB, 478x960) Image search: [Google]
such_maths.jpg
89 KB, 478x960
Any solution is correct desu senpai.
>>
>>51320091
answer is 2

took me literally 5 seconds
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.