[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dell XPS 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dell-xps-13-2015-g04.jpg (82 KB, 775x500) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-13-2015-g04.jpg
82 KB, 775x500
Is this thing /g/ approved?
Is it a better compact windows device than a Surface Pro if touch isn't critical?
I'll be looking for a black friday deal
>>
Get X1 Carbon.
>>
>/g/ approved

No one on this board knows anything about technology. Just a bunch of weebo basement neckbeards with no job with terabytes of anime they fap to
>>
>>51316699
autobrightness
>>
>>51316699
>is there a better compact windows device
yes, the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

if you have the capability to use a screwdriver than the 450s is better but you will need to replace the screen with an X1 Carbon high def screen (i mean the screen it has is ok i think)
>>
dell xps13 here

good:
>light
>nice screen
>pretty powerful
>better trackpad* than other windows laptops
>battery to begin with

bad:
>battery goes to shit fast
>touchpad isn't as good as Macbook Pro
>all the issues you typically have with windows (managing audio outputs/inputs when plugging in headphones/hdmi/etc)
>battery goes to shit pretty quickly

I'd personally go Macbook Pro
>>
>>51317107
>>51317178
didn't know about the carbon. Looks cheaper too
>>
I just got mine yesterday. I like it and I haven't really noticed the autobrightness thing either.

>>51317230
What do you mean the battery goes to shit fast?
>>
>>51317329

The newest XPS13's wireless also doesn't work in linux yet because of no support until kernel 4.4. You'd have to replace it the card or wait until the kernel is released.
>>
If you're planning on being a heavy trackpad user, no windows devices can compare to MacBooks.
>>
>>51317107
GIANT BEZEL
I
A
N
T

B
E
Z
E
L
>>
>>51317329

I heard that the battery is rated for a lot fewer cycles than most modern laptops
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Yes, but trust me get the touch.
>>
>>51317329
>>51317459
300 cycles against the competition, that is around 1000. It's pretty fucking insulting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.