[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schillsaver General - 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Splash - Copy.png (56 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Splash - Copy.png
56 KB, 512x512
Continued from previous thread.

>>51300652

-------------------------------------

Version 6 is now out. See more information, or download Schillsaver, from the following page.

http://valkryst.com/schillsaver/index.html

I recommend reading through most of the instructions either on the webpage or in the readme
file as you're setting up the program for the first time.

The GitHub page is at the following link.

https://github.com/Valkryst/Schillsaver

Test #1:

This test took a ~64Mb file, archived it with 7z down to ~60Mb, and encoded it in 20 minutes
into a~126Mb mkv file.

It was uploaded to YTusing the "yt:quality=high" tag and it processed perfectly fine.
When downloading with the ClipConverter site it was retrieved as a ~366Mb mp4 file.

Decoding the ~126Mb mkv file took ~2 minutes. Same for the ~366Mb file.

Test #2:

This test took a ~3GB file, archived it with 7z to 3GB, and encoded it in 23h25m into a ~8.7GB
video file on a dual core G3220.

Some of the more useful info from the original (4?) threads can be found here. It's all out of context, but eh.

http://pastebin.com/BLdea0nY

FAQ can be found at the following link.

http://pastebin.com/SFiPjjh7

The FAQ has beeen updated as of thread 11.

>>
Version 7 is out. There are some useful improvements to the interface and how the Jobs are run although testing still needs to be done to ensure that the Jobs are being sorted as intended.
>>
File: 1373383004849.gif (777 KB, 233x173) Image search: [Google]
1373383004849.gif
777 KB, 233x173
Is it possible to change encode settings yet? That's the killer feature I'm waiting for.
>>
>>51315379
It's been possible for over a week. Just pop open the settings menu and read along with the readme.
>>
>>51315510
Oh, I've been out of the loop. Gonna try it right now.
>>
>>51315579
No probs, I don't think I've even mentioned it since I initially added it.

It hasn't been tested, but it should work just fine. If it doesn't, then just throw the error logs, output, and the commands you used on here and I'll get it fixed up right-quick.
>>
File: 1366077578504.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1366077578504.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>>51315643
Is it possible to add x264 presets to the gui? With say a drop down menu or something where we can select "slow", "fast", "ultrafast" etc? I feel like I need a PhD to get this to work. All I want is to easily adjust the encode times so I can find the sweet spot of time/size for my setup.
>>
>>51316349
Yeah. It'd take a little bit to set that up though. I haven't noticed much of any difference using the presets with libvpx though.

You can get it to work pretty easily by copying the default en/decode commands, then replacing the input/output file paths with the specified words in the readme.
>>
>>51316349
Example.

ENCODING:

-f rawvideo -pix_fmt monob -s 160x90 -r 30 -i FILE_INPUT -vf "scale=iw*8:-1" -sws_flags neighbor -c:v libvpx -threads 8 -loglevel info -y FILE_OUTPUT

DECODING:

-i FILE_INPUT -vf "format=pix_fmts=monob,scale=iw*0.125000:-1" -sws_flags area -loglevel info -f rawvideo FILE_OUTPUT

Those are the fully-custom en/decoding commands set with the program defaults. Just change what you want and paste those into the program then it should work fine.
>>
File: presets.png (10 KB, 828x140) Image search: [Google]
presets.png
10 KB, 828x140
>>51317432
>>51317318

I usually encode my videos with handbrake, and there I can choose presets like pic related. How can I do that with the input commands you've posted? Will -preset ultrafast work?
>>
>>51318687
Yup, just put that before FILE_OUTPUT.

Ex... "-y -preset ultrafast FILE_OUTPUT"
>>
File: 1433540507789.jpg (41 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1433540507789.jpg
41 KB, 500x581
>>51312986
You've actually done something while the rest of us shitpost about pens and graphics cards.
>>
Heads up, your website has inconsistent spellings of s(c)hillsaver.
>>
>>51319469
Thanks for the tip. Fixing it up now.

>>51319393
Shitposting about pens and graphics cards is an important part of the online shitconomy. Without it, we'd be no better than those damn dirty apes that destroyed us.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.