[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>built my computer about 3 years ago on a McDonalds budget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
>built my computer about 3 years ago on a McDonalds budget
>computer has been holding up for quite a while
>starting to fall behind now

What should I upgrade first?
>incoming 1/3
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 744x1158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 744x1158
>>51312947
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 748x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 748x444
>>51312961
>>
>>51312947
Get at least an i5, replace the ASRock mobo with a Gigabyte.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 733x1068) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 733x1068
>>51312973
>>
The power supply, since it'll probably pop and fry all of your shit soon.

Get an unlocked Ivy Bridge i5 if you want to keep the motherboard. Then replace the GPU.
>>
>>51312961
Shit nigger, you actually spent money on a GT 630 ?

There's your first priority to upgrade. Get on it.
>>
>>51313017

this but get the gpu after the power supply

holy shit that thing is terrible
>>
>>51313002
>that psu
enjoy housefire
>>
SSD
S
D
>>
>>51313073
To be fair it may not be the one in my computer right now. There was also a Corsair CX430. I have like 3 power supplies. One of them fried a couple months ago. I'd have to get home to tell you which one is in right now
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>51313040
>people told me it was good
>mfw after I bought it people told me it was shit
The first one actually didn't work and I had to get them to replace it.
>right as XFX was updating their website and went full retard in the process
>>
>>51313128
>that image
>>>/pol/
Stormfront please leave
>>
>>51312961
>McDonalds budget
>$200 on 7W speakers

You need to upgrade your education. You could've gotten a great shelf system or receiver and speakers for half the price on craigslist.

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/ele/5293094072.html

What do you do with this computer? If you game, you need to upgrade the video card (which will need a better PSU). If you just surf, the computer should be just fine for everything, and you should even sell the video card because it's pointless. Onboard is plenty good.
>>
>>51315463
>Racism on 4chan
>Somehow a /pol/ thing
>When most of 4chan's humor has been built on racist since at least shoop da woop
Reddit please leave...
>>
>>51313128
Why would you post an AMD screenshot? The lack of tessellation on his head is disgusting.
>>
>>51315662
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect
Most of 4chan's humor has to do with a traffic cone, newfag.
Back to your containment board.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.