[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/entoomen. I am considering pic related. My samshill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 324x156) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 324x156
Hello /g/entoomen.
I am considering pic related.
My samshill s5 has started fucking up badly. I need to restart it 10-20 times per day because it just locks up. It may be that my battery pops out just a tiny tiny bit and therefor it locks up and my screen blacks out.

However, since it is fucking up already, I consider installing pic related, should I? Should I not?
Why? Is it buggy and bad or is it working as it should without all the google bullcrap?
>>
Help me plz
>>
Do it, it works fine, no reason not to.
>>
>>51309804
Just reflash the stock ROM ya dope
>>
>>51310153
Why would Anon want the shit Stock ROM?
>>
>>51310163
He is only changing because it has fucked up
He doesn't need an entirely new rom
>>
>>51309804
Flash CM, its the first thing I do when I get a new device.
>>
>>51309804
Check if your battery has inflated if your phone is restarting. If that's not the case, I would suggest that you flash the AICP ROM and full wipe. I've been using the ROM for quite some time now and my phone never performed better.
>>
>>51309804
i'm running the CM 12.1 nighlies on my s5, working fine.
>>
>>51309804
are you able to use a search engine and follow simple instructions?
if yes, then go for cyanogenmod.
if no, then just reset your phone. also get the fuck off /g/
>>
Use based CM such as Resurrection Remix.
>>
File: plusblue.png (234 KB, 572x572) Image search: [Google]
plusblue.png
234 KB, 572x572
>>51309804
I run CM 12.1 on my HTC One X evita. It's a phone from 2012 and CM 12.1 is stable as fuck and made it feel like a brand new phone. I have had *occassional* glitches with the camera but it hasn't happened in a while and a reboot always fixes it. Overall it's a lot nicer than CM 11 which I was running on this and started fucking up. And on this phone of course forget about stock, I think Android 4.1 was the last supported OS on this thing.

The S5 should be rock solid on CM 12.1, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.
>>
>>51310192
Not really, more like I just thought I'd give it a try since I got nothing to loose. Fuck TouchWiz desu senpai.
>>51310265
I put some paper under the cover, and now it hasn't crashed since...
>>51310295
What is a search engine? Feisbuk?
>>
>>51310328
>curryshit rom with 100 features and bugs
why
>>
>>51310466
cm 12 camera is complete and utter trash

only stock ROMs have a decent camera. but at that point you're better off sticking to the samsung software rather than some indians malware ridden custom ROM
>>
>>51311323
Well my camera is shattered anyway
>>
>>51309804
Do you really expect some 3rd party shitware is going to fix a hardware issue? Are you that retarded?

>>51310139
>no reason not to.

Ahaha holy shit. You just have to be sure they haven't reintroduced little bugs like NOT BEING ABLE TO CALL EMERGENCY NUMBERS. But that's not a big deal. No reason not to. :^)

>>51310153
Please for the love of god. Op, if you do anything, do this.

>>51310245
Why would you go out and try to break your device as the first step?

What the fuck is up with /g/ and their weird boner for downgrading their phones? I get if it's not getting upgrades anymore, but for fucks sake why would you even buy a device if you didn't like the software that came with it. It's a packaged deal. Getting something and thinking, "Yep, as soon as I get this home, I'm going to remove the known working software and replace it with something that may completely break it." is the epitome of stupid.
>>
>>51311444
Well... trips have a point....
>>
>>51311444
>known working software
known for being full of bloat, spyware, and shit performance, also it doesn't even have root access.. can't even uninstall most of the bloat even with root permissions.

doesn't matter either way, android hasn't been worth buying since they made it impossible to use 4.2 on anything but three year old hardware
>>
>>51311096
Stable and zero bug. That's why.
>>
>>51311652
>known for being full of bloat (memes), spyware (memes), and shit performance (memes), also it doesn't even have root access.. can't even uninstall most of the bloat even with root permissions, which is another meme that I fell for.
>doesn't matter either way, android hasn't been worth buying since they made it possible to remove any perceived bloat without root permissions

I've updated your post to be more accurate.
>>
I run CM on my fucking Galaxy S2 and it still runs great. No reason not to run it, even if you're a super freetard like me.
>>
>>51309804
Cyanogenmod/AOSP ROMs over Touchjizz any day of the week.
>>
>>51309804
just get a stable cm rom. You'll lose some gay s5 features (look it up) but you'll gain stability, performance and battery life.
>>
>>51312361
>stable cm rom
Is this even a thing anymore? They stopped labeling builds as stable years ago.

>performance and battery life.
I'd love to see some actual data about this too.
>>
>>51311444
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51311822
>Can't even use proper grammar
>Expects other people to install his curryshit ROM

Kill yourself.
>>
Unless you're running AOSP-based firmware with zero Google bullshit (lol flashing gapps therefore ruining it, nice job fags) you're still going to run into battery/performance issues because Google Play Services has become a giant, bloated turd that sucks battery and RAM harder than a Samsung or Sense firmware ever could.
>>
>>51312450
I remember an s3 jumping from 10 to 30 hrs of battery life after shitching to cm, but I don't know about the s5

Trying doesn't hurt I guess
>>
>>51311652
>can't even uninstall most of the bloat even with root permissions

Are you saying the Samsung bloat goes all the way down to the kernel? Because that's kindof silly.
>>
>>51309804

just run linux scrub
>>
>>51313141
Is there a ROM that boots to a linux command prompt and then that's it? No virtual keyboard, no bluetooth, nothing. You have to plug in a keyboard to input anything.
>>
>>51312057
end yourself
>>
>>51313173
Why would anyone want that?
>>
>>51313414
Uhh ... install Gentoo? I just thought it would be funny. Maybe RMS would like it.
>>
>>51313414
>>51313173

yes, you can boot a linux iso directly, then use an attatchable keyboard.

why would anyone want anything
>>
>>51313449
>why would anyone want anything
Good question.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (35 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
35 KB, 456x456
>>51313141
This is just someone logged into another box via SSH or something... Right?
>>
>>51314473
It's Terminal Emulator. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-30-23-57-03.png (320 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-30-23-57-03.png
320 KB, 1080x1920
>>51313435
>>
>>51314473

Android literally is Linux. So logically you can make a chroot jail and shove a bunch of ARM Linux utilities on it and use it like you would Debian.

Also, why would you want to ssh into another box from an Android phone? The keyboard is complete crap. It makes more sense to ssh into an Android phone from a laptop or desktop
>>
>>51314771
>>51316302
I was just going off
root@kali:~#
. Figured kali was some weeaboo's server name.

>>51316302
>Android literally is Linux
Ya don't say?

>why would you want to ssh into another box from an Android phone

I've done it many times for remote IT shit.

> Sunday Morning
> Out to breakfast with my dad or some shit
> Frantic text from the CEO about some bullshit not working that needs to work RIGHT FUCKING NOW
> I got you, senpai

Just connect to the corporate VPN, SSH into whatever and restart the thing that's not working.

> You're a wizard, anon.
>>
>>51309804
You better hope its not verizon moddel or you are fucked.
>>
>>51310163
So you can unroot, bring it back to factory quality, and update the device? Or upgrade your OS?

Also Stock rom is more compatible for Xposed, Xposed is one of the most powerful apps on Android.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.