[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing Programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Apache_OpenOffice_3.4.png (90 KB, 966x696) Image search: [Google]
Apache_OpenOffice_3.4.png
90 KB, 966x696
Which writing program do you use?

I've tried Google Docs, Word Online, Libre and Open Office.
The latter two are shitty to use and it feels like they're stuck in 2000.
At least using them doesn't feel like somebody is looking over my shoulder the whole time and taking notes.

To make the test. Go to a random website, press Ctrl + A and copy it's whole content. Then go to one of the mentioned programs and paste everything. The cleaner it looks, the better the program. (Not regarding charts, etc.)

Which program gives me the ease of use of Google Docs and the privacy of Libre Office?
>>
>>51309753
Office 2016
>>
>>51309775
Enjoy your gay fanfiction being keylogged.
Also >paying for software
>>
>>51309801
feeling safe on your loonix box, thinking hes safe from NSA, also tinfoil hat

paying for software? it's freely available for download on the internet
>>
File: st3.png (73 KB, 1928x1080) Image search: [Google]
st3.png
73 KB, 1928x1080
>>51309753
Looks pretty clean to me, senpai
>>
I'm using Office 2013 for a while now, I'm content with it.
Obviously I downloaded it.
>>
>>51309821
Images are missing and format is completely off.
>>
Word master race.
>>
>>51309818
You most likely have a timed demo version.
>>
>>51309830
>images
I bet you complain when your books have more pictures than words too
>format
>implying you need more formatting than correct indentation
>>
>>51309876
I think he refers to pirating.
It's very easy to download M$ office, mount it using an ISO and before booting it up you use an activator.
>>
LibreOffice I use. Works well for writing
>>
>>51309872
Is it possible to deactivate the the page view and basically have it look like a website?
>>
>>51309931
Yeah, web layout view. Formatting is kinda hosed but pretty close. Word is on the right.
>>
LaTeX for everything.
>>
>>51310028
LaTeX is not an editor, unless you mean LyX or something along those lines.
>>
I write LaTeX in Emacs.
>>
>>51309830
>format is completely off.
thats the whole thing about copying and pasting something from somewhere!

that I get rid of all the fucking format.

For example fucking MS office insists on always keeping some fucking format, when I paste something in it. fuck you, my document has a template for a reason. Just use the text, and not the format.

sometimes it even ignores me specifically telling it to ignore the format, and I have to paste shit into notepad first, and then copy and paste it to office from there.

Oh well, I mostly use LaTeX anyways, and so should OP.
>>
>>51309753

I write everything in Mathematica notebooks t b h
>>
Never had to use anything other than latex (using vim or sublime text) for writing desu
>>
>>51310252
The format show how easy it is to format text yourself, implementing images, etc...

Enough programs don't allow for a smooth workflow because these functions are poorly implemented.

Pasting as plain text is/should always be possible.
>>
>open source office programs
only use I can think of is keeping track of the shrinkage of your penis in GNUplot and then use LaTeX to write a suicide note with perfect layout.
>>
>>51310281
And how does the program running amok and inventing some random formation from a websites text help with how accessible the formating is?

And the workflow is the same shit with all of them, if you want to write more than a grocery list with images.

and if you have to (mis)use them for more than just said list, the ease of use depends on the template your employer provides.
>>
File: nul.png (206 KB, 1366x742) Image search: [Google]
nul.png
206 KB, 1366x742
>>
It doesn't exist OP, maybe it should be the next /g/ project
>>
>>51311355
I can do the logo :^)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.