[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm buying a built gaming computer from a local tech shop,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: logo_KMSpico_500_zpsv9ehn5bw.jpg (116 KB, 423x500) Image search: [Google]
logo_KMSpico_500_zpsv9ehn5bw.jpg
116 KB, 423x500
I'm buying a built gaming computer from a local tech shop, and I asked them if they could install me W7 but they tell me they'll just install W10 as those are the only official isos they have laying around nowadays

I already tried W10 in my current PC and ran like shit, but I guess in this one will be better. But I'm a bit afraid of the activation method. The KMSpico found here ( forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/65739-KMSpico-Official-Thread ) will be good enough?

What about the whole stories about telemtry, spying on me and so on. I'm as fucked with W7 as with W10, so I shouldn't care about that or?
>>
"Local tech shop"
Isos laying around

Kill thyself
>>
>>51309431
whatever english is not my 1st language, I just meant they told me that installing W10 is simpler for them
>>
>>51309446
win10 would definitely be better, both 8 and 7 will become botnet soon anyway, dual boot 10 with linux and use 10 for gayms and linux for everything else
>>
>>51309493
this.
>>
>>51309493
>>51309621
Kinda retarded to do the whole linux/windows thing as it sounds like a bit of a waste of time and uncomfortable, but will think about it

For now when I get the PC I will activate it with that tool, and look around for all the privacy settings and so on,.
>>
>>51309406
>I asked them if they could install me W7
Install Windows 7 or 10 by yourown moron. It's your choice which OS will be running on your machine.
>>51309446
>installing W10 is simpler for them
There is no difference between the Windows 7 and Windows 10 installer, so what they said is bullshit.
>>51309493
>win10 would definitely be better
True, if you meant the Enterprise LTSB edition of Windows 10.
>>
>>51309762
let's just assume it's going to come with a clean windows 10 trial version installed

can I just boot the PC with an USB drive with the W7 installation, and format the windows 10 space from there and install windows 7 on top of it?

I mean, just let the windows 7 installation deal with windows 10? idk I dont like dealing with hard drives, partitions and stuff, dont wanna break anything
>>
>>51309827
Boot the Windows 7 installation from your USB. From there you delete all the partitions from your HDD. After that, create a new partition and the installer will be creating UEFI/System partitions automatically. Select the partition you will have made and press "Install". It is that simple.
>>
>>51309406
If they install it then it's already gonna be activated. If not then just sue them.

Or do what this nigger said >>51309762
>Install Windows 7 or 10 by yourown moron.
>>
Install 7 or 8 first, activate with KMSpico, then upgrade to 10, and then finally do a clean 10 install. A lot of work, but then you will have a legit 10 activation.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.