[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find a Microsoft edge to be a pretty fast browser that uses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Miranda-Cosgrove-Feet-473001.jpg (68 KB, 796x526) Image search: [Google]
Miranda-Cosgrove-Feet-473001.jpg
68 KB, 796x526
I find a Microsoft edge to be a pretty fast browser that uses the least memory. any open source alternatives? firefox is slow as shit, and uses more than 10 times the memory that Microsoft edge uses. I don't feel comfortable using Microsoft edge because It's Microsoft. I hate Microsoft.
>>
>>51309149
Install gentoo
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 506x148) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 506x148
>>51309149

that at how much memory waterfox(a firefox variant) uses in comparison to Microsoft edge
>>
>>51309149

don't forget the crap font rendering in Edge
>>
>>51309174

look at how much*
>>
File: Untitled.png (309 KB, 1026x801) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
309 KB, 1026x801
>>51309187

looks pretty decent to me
>>
>swap everything into hidden processes and on hdd
>look ma, no ram

Unused RAM is wasted RAM.
>>
>>51309187

the font rendering in midori is much worse and it uses more memory than Microsoft edge
>>
>>51309200

That's because you're blind.

I bet you eat at McDonalds too and use public trackers because "hey, it just workz :) :)"
>>
>>51309149
Give Otter Browser or QtWeb a try.
>>
>>51309243

it's just as good as firefox.
>>
>>51309149
I've found Edge to be really slow; it frequently becomes unresponsive when loading pages with lots of JavaScript/ads whereas Chromium handles it fine. Also, there's lots of little bugs that make using the browser a pain (i.e. dragging a tab to another window leaves behind a window with the new tab page instead of just closing it).

It would probably perform okay with an adblocker, but Microsoft don't seem to be interested in following through on their promise to support extensions.
>>
>>51309265
There are going to be extensions, but sadly later than what everybody expected (first half of 2016)
In the meantime you can use host file adblocking, which is great alternative, except for not hiding elements.
At Least you get to know how bad the page you visit is, by all the blank spaces.
>>
Vivaldi uses a ridiculous 18mb and overall very smooth and fast.
>>
I've used edge for a month I think and it simply isn't a finished product.
1) can be slow as fuck when loading a lot of content
2) can freeze and crash when used in background
3) no extensions
4) very clumsy description placement (if you hover over a link like the top bar of 4chan to go to other boards, the description can actually block the link)

I'm sure that in half a year most of these things will be fixed and then I might reconsider edge. But as of now you're just a beta-tester.
>>
Pale Moon
>>
>>51309149
Quality or privacity. Pick one.
>>
>Ram vs caching on disk

Anyway, that's one ugly slag but her feet are ok.
>>
>>51309149
dwb (browser)
>>
>>51309265
Allowing adblockers would harm Microsoft's new business model
>>
>>51309174
>using a firefox alternative that is several versions behind the latest firefox
Why the fuck would you ever do that? Do you realize how big the attack surface of a web browser is?
>>
>>51309434
You choose browsers based on how well they fit into your riced desktop instead of actual functionality? Jesus, that's sad.
>>
>>51309484
I can do everything i want/need to do in dwb. It gets out of the way and lets me focus on the content I'm browsing. Why would I use something that is superfluous...
>>
>>51309260

weak bait

1/10 because I responded
>>
>>51309216
Yeah but nobody fucking uses midori.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.