[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Win10 vent thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: windows-10-logo.jpg (65 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-logo.jpg
65 KB, 800x523
Host: G750 Laptop
> Fails to boot sometimes*
> Randomly suspends from time to time - happens like twice a month.
It looks like I just had a BSOD, the system HDD activity led blinks crazy fast, then it just goes to sleep.
> Randomly boots up to do updates at 3AM or so, and gets stuck at BIOS PW screen... even though I shutdown the laptop, and I did not just suspend it.

Host: Dell Latitude
> Fails to boot sometimes*
> A few applications that worked on 7 and 8.1 just refuse to start, they throw random exceptions in windbg

Host: i7-desktop
> Fails to boot/resume sometimes*
Like it fails to power up the HDD / start using them, even though the system boots from POST and all.

Seriously, how can Microsoft expect people to use this piece of fucking shit?
I will be reinstalling the Dell/i7 to Windows 7 this weekend, and putting back 8.1 on the G750.
Anyone else having issues?

* The symptoms are the same, the computer boots either from full shutdown, or fast shutdown/boot/hibernation.
>>
Have had one fail to boot and one fail to power down and that's it.

Booting on to update, the fuck? There's been like one major update. Were you power down or sleep or what?
>>
>>51309133
Host: celeron desktop
Never have a problem but i still hate it because some dumb shit "apps".
>>
I will say that Win 10 seems to have given my speakers an extreme left channel bias. Now I know steroscopic sound biases a channel, generally left. But this is like a 5-10dB bias. So extreme I had to fuck with balanced. Then suddenly, the bias seems to have disappeared. Dunno why mang.
>>
Win10 a shit:
-get regular boot errors
-takes too long to turn off, like the screens turns off but the computer still runs for 1-2 mins
-start menu and search stopped working
>>
>>51309133
works for me :^)
>>
>>51309157
>Were you power down or sleep or what?

It happens when I shut it down completely (of course it's still plugged in), and if I suspend it, or hibernate...

It just turns on at 3AM, and ASUS ROG got a "failsafe BIOS" that basically ramps up fans to max within minutes if you don't get past the password screen. Which is not an issue of course because when you turn on your PC, you obviously can type in your password.

But seriously, even Windows Update says "Reboot scheduled at 3AM".
Instead it boots up my computer with some wake timer... fuck knows how it works.
(It's got an i7-4700HQ)

>>51309268
Had the same issue, spent days with the fucking realtek drivers - removing, replacing, installing new ones.. it's a pain.

>>51309314
Good for you, son.
>>
File: fag10.jpg (115 KB, 1202x918) Image search: [Google]
fag10.jpg
115 KB, 1202x918
>>51309342
>>51309133
And this is how it looks like.
Yesterday there was a "comprehensive update" - again, some whatever update - that's got no changelog whatsoever...
But I have installed it manually by using "Check for updates" during the day.

When I went to bed at ~00:00, there was no updates.
Yet, the laptop powered on, as I said, and I had to shut it down again.
>>
>>51309133
>randomly boots up to do updates ay 3am
This is not possible.
>>
Event viewer:
> 12:15:53 AM
> The system is entering sleep.
> Sleep Reason: Application API
(mind you, I used shutdown button - not the "shutdown /s /t 0" command)

> 3:01:40 AM
> Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock.

> 3:01:41 AM
> The boot type was 0x2.

And the normal boot up events.

>>51309357
Well all the systems I have this bullshit message at Update that "3AM looks good for a restart".
>>
>>51309372
So is your computer switched off or is it asleep as indicated by the evenet log?
>>
ChinkPad T420s

Boots in 10 seconds (including BIOS)
Never crashed
~4 hours battery life even on my shitty old battery
Super fast at every task

Love it. I dual boot with Arch + xfce but I am preferring how Win10 works desu.
>>
>>51309342
It's quite maddening centered between stero speakers and feeling such a heavy channel bias. When I play a game or watch a show it something it's less noticible but if I'm listening to music or talk radio it drives me batshit. Did you get it fixed fucking with drivers? I feel like mine isn't fixed so much as I've just balanced it enough.
>>
>>51309133
I've had only one crash on my desktop since upgrading, that's reasonable by my standards.
>>
>>51309392
Shutdown.
With suspend, it would not have asked for a BIOS / boot password.
This shit also happens with Hibernation.

The only thing I don't know is what API / hardware feature does it use to wake up the laptop.
Seems like the motherboard got some feature to schedule a wake/boot.
And yeah, it would make sense if my laptop would just suspend and get a WOL and wake up.

... and after I entered my BIOS password at 3AM, Windows started doing some updates, and the login screen greeted me.
>>
on my xeon workstation i encountered 3 bsod's in total when throwing a ton of disk usage heavy tasks at it, other than that worrks as a charm
>>
File: realshit.png (28 KB, 455x623) Image search: [Google]
realshit.png
28 KB, 455x623
>>51309420
I don't even know which driver worked at the end.
Maybe the simple WHQL one, or the Realtek one from the website.
Anyway, as a workaround, you can change balance for the channels.
>>
>>51309455
Yeah I have done that much like I said. It sounds like my right channel is really weak though even at 100. Left is strong as fuck at 80. I'll mess around with the realtek site. Grabbed the one of Asus site and it may be old. Just kind of glad to see someone else have the problem to be honest. Was worried about the speakers themselves though they had be fine before install-- how the paranoid mind gets. These fuckers are quadrophonic troopers (soundworks something I think) from like 06 ish. Great all around with the sun only having a drop off around 60Hz. Would hate to see them ded.
>>
>>51309527
>how the paranoid mind gets

Well, after I fixed my drivers and tested them with speakers ... it turned out my ATH-CKX9iS earphones also died (like the left one had half the volume, and no bass.)
So it was like a double-issue for me.

Ps.: If anyone thinking about buying a CKX9iS or any Audio-Technika earphones... DON'T!
They sound great, they don't fall out. But, they break fast as fuck.
My Sennheiser CX-400 II - it still works.
Yeah I had to superglue the weak rubbery-plastic parts, and the white cable is now yellowish, but it WORKS, after like 7 years or so.
The AT? Died after 6-7 months of indoor / light use.
>>
>Buy a cheap Winbook tablet
>Works fine for web browsing, youtube watching
>Somehow MS starts Win10 on it, the shitty touch screen the used doesn't have a Win10 driver
>Tablet i snow useless without a USB mouse&KB
>>
>110 million people have installed windows 10!upgrade now!
Fuark, this shits worse than Russian spamware
>>
to fix the fail to boot thing (freezing on boot) turn off quick start
>>
>>51310114
yeah thought about this.
but how can they fuck up something that worked flawless in 8.1?
>>
>>51309133
I built my new desktop two week ago and I installed Windows 10 on it. I haven't had any problems so far. My old desktop had sometimes shutting down-issues.
>>
>>51310250
Yeah these issues I posted about have not appeared after a few updates. All the machines had 10 since launch. (The Dell upgraded from 7, the other two is new installs.)

Trust me - issues will come.
Sadly.

Only option is to use Enterprise LTSB.
But you cannot get a normal key for Enterprise as a mere mortal, let alone having a legit LTSB edition at hand.
So as a business owner, I got fucked by Microsoft.
>>
win 10 errors for me:
- becomes mysteriously slow after installing linux in a second partition
- Installs wrong touchpad SMBus driver,
makes FN keys not work and some other weirdness
- After I leave it for 5 min the cpu and hdd goes to 100%
- weird feel that I'm being watched
>>
>>51309133
>resume
>suspend
>not immediately disabling sleep, hibernate and every other such "feature" after installing any Windows version

Also, I've never had any of those issues with any of the machines I've been running Windows 10 on.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.