[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>old laptop is dying >want iPad Pro because Pencil >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
>old laptop is dying
>want iPad Pro because Pencil
>can't get by with just an iOS device
What's a good value laptop with reasonable performance to complement an iPad? Surface Pro 4 is too expensive.
>>
>>51308849
>Not buying a UCS C420 M3
>Shame
>>
>Considering iPad Pro
>Surface Pro 4 too expensive
Kek
>>
why not just get the surface pro 4? It has same tier pencil and full OS
>>
>>51308849
Why would you want it for the pencil?

If its for digital art or something you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>51308998

If you want one with decent performance, yeah it's expensive.

The iPad Pro is faster than the i5 Surface Pro 4.
>>
Nigga stop, step back for a week or bettery yet a month then buy. Looks like youf just falling for the hype, why not by a better computer than buy a wacom or something.
>>
>>51308849
You're not really this stupid, are you? The surface pro 4 costs as much as a iPad pro. If you can afford one, you can afford the other.

Also, why not save some money and bug a surface pro 3?

If you really want a laptop to compliment an iPad, get the XPS 13.
>>
>>51309045
No, its not. Faster than the core m, yes. i5, no.
>>
>>51309045
Yeah with mobile OS it sure is
>>
Thinkpad+one of of those tablet thingies people use to draw stuff
>>
>>51309033
I'm not convinced the Surface Pen is as good as the Pencil, but if it improves through driver/bug fixes then I'll get one.

>>51309036
Yes for art (Procreate)

>>51309051
I have a wacom intuos. Ideally i'd like to build a pc but I'm abroad right now moving around a lot

>>51309070
I just want one tablet, and figured iPad Pro would be better for drawing
>>
>>51309186
Nope. It doesn't have the proper programs for it. No early, for the absolute best digital drawing, get yourself a powerful PC, and high end wacom tablet. Though it will be insanely expensive.

Otherwise, get the pro 3, but the new pen and keyboard (the ones for the pro 4 are backwards compatible), and enjoy all the great drawing programs on Windows. Like manga studio.
>>
>>51309286
so lag and jitter with the Pro 4 Pen are insignificant?
>>
The only decent laptop out there is macbook, if you can afford it go for it.
>>
Whst
>>
>>51309334
It depends on the program. It should be absolutely fine for an amateur artist, or even a semi professional one. I tired it in a Microsoft store, and had no issues with it. Great for notes too.

I would definitely go to a Microsoft store and try one out before buying if you can. Ask if you can use the software you would normally use to try out the display model.
>>
>want iPad Pro because Pencil
>wanting jewcil
>>
>>51308849
Old laptops take a long time to truly die. Just throw a ssd in it and if you are lucky and CPU isn't soldiered to the motherboard then upgrade the CPU.

I just updated my 6 year old laptop and its like a new laptop now.
>>
>>51308849
>wanting iPenis
kek'd hard
>>
>>51309343
>eat shit from your hands
>if you can afford it
>>
you clearly just want an excuse to get the shiny new ipad despite already having a tablet and seeing how many infinitely more functional alternatives there are

we can't stop you. go buy the fucking toy. enjoy productivity on a device that can only use an app store
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.