[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The copyright holders won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: soldier.jpg (106 KB, 900x614) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
106 KB, 900x614
Where were you when Internet piracy and torrenting died?

Some of this news isn't gonna surprise some of you, while others are going to be completely deflated; unaware of what is really happening in the bigger picture of torrenting. Things are getting serious for everyone and you should expect to see many sites take the plunge into oblivion in 2016. With agencies cracking down and beginning to hold ISPs accountable, there is no bright spot for those that don't want to get just as serious and invest the time and money it will take to keep going.

This includes torrent members as well. You will have to do your part in the future, or get a different hobby as torrenting won't be an option. New sites won't be able to get off the ground and old ones will simply give up not having the willingness or funding to keep going.

There is a ton of information out there that has been released over the past year or so, but the information that has mattered most is circulating right now. The related issues of today aren't just limited to torrenting, but streaming is becoming an issue as well for many agencies. Those free streaming sites and game servers seem to be new targets for those that want to squash us all.

Some of you may state that they've been at this for years and haven't accomplished much, which is true, but the game has changed my friends. We find ourselves in a world of technology and the rules aren't the same as yesteryear. ISPs are blocking IPs, DNS, proxies, VPN services etc.. Never before have we've seen such a global collaboration and effort to cripple piracy.

https://torrentfreak.com/leaked-tpp-chapter-proposes-drastic-copyright-changes-151011/

TPP countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, the United States, Vietnam, Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, and Singapore
>>
https://torrentfreak.com/isp-will-disconnect-pirates-following-hollywood-pressure-151015

https://torrentfreak.com/2800-cloudflare-ip-addresses-blocked-by-court-order-151014

https://torrentfreak.com/thousands-of-torrent-site-proxies-disappear-151013

https://torrentfreak.com/is-streaming-pirated-movies-illegal-eu-court-to-decide-151012

https://torrentfreak.com/rightscorp-granted-australian-patent-to-chase-pirates-151008

https://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-activities-get-vpns-banned-at-torrent-sites-151003

Do you still think it's OK to visit public sites, run ads for revenue, or that you won't fall victim? How about having public sites to fall back on if you loose the few good private sites you actually do have? If you do, then please check these articles out pertaining directly to just that; public trackers!

https://torrentfreak.com/chrome-and-firefox-block-kickasstorrents-over-harmful-programs-151009

https://torrentfreak.com/riaa-and-mpaa-report-notorious-piracy-sites-to-u-s-government-151007

https://torrentfreak.com/thousands-of-spies-are-watching-trackerless-torrents-151004

https://torrentfreak.com/comcast-user-hit-with-112-dmca-notices-in-48-hours-151002
>>
File: kickass.png (30 KB, 735x209) Image search: [Google]
kickass.png
30 KB, 735x209
>>
no pls
>>
Maybe so, but I've just checked and am able to get on ThePirateBay without needing a proxy for the first time in months so I'm all :D for now
>>
Suuuuuuure...
>>
File: 1410360241363.jpg (6 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1410360241363.jpg
6 KB, 250x243
>>51308695
What is IRC..
>>
>>51308695
Fuck off scaremongering idiot.
>>
>>51308832
It's like when boats pass each other and exchange messages for drugs and after they move on there's no trace of the message or something. That's what TV told me IRC is.

(someone please post the video)
>>
>>51308925
I want this source as well
>>
>>51308925
>>51308933
This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ
You can't even begin to prepare yourself for this.
>>
File: 1391505860361.jpg (27 KB, 360x720) Image search: [Google]
1391505860361.jpg
27 KB, 360x720
> the day has finally come
>>
File: feelsgood.png (6 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.png
6 KB, 216x200
>>51308695
>TPP countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, the United States, Vietnam, Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, and Singapore
Feels good to live in the first world
>>
>the people that righfully own the copyrighted Material won in a claim for their obvious rights
Oh dongers. What a surprise.
>>
>>51308943
>The autism

>Luckily I speak l33t
>>
>>51308960
Good luck guys. Good luck and good night.
>>
You fucking idiots. TPP is about way way more than copyright and piracy. Shrugging it off thinking "meh I don't care that much about warez anyways" is exactly what this copyright fearmongering is trying to achieve.
>>
>>51308960
3rd world nigger detected
>>
>>51308960
Tfw being yuropoor is once more best. Suck it amerifats
>>
>>51309016
TTIP is very similar to TPP and concerns us europoors in the same way.
>>
if you don't do anything illegal you have nothing to hide
I look forward to a world where autists are forced from their mothers basement, put on a pillar, naked and exposed for all of us to see their filthy internet crimes.
My popcorn bag is ready and I hope your tears are just as salty
>>
>>51309000
u jelly?
>>
>>51309016
You have TTIP, numbnuts.
>>
>>51309078
The average American commits three felonies a day. Open wide, Suzy.
>>
>>51309078
Oh please, could you set up webcams around your house, especially in your bed- and bathroom? And let us intercept your web traffic to analyse it. After all, you got nothing to hide, right?
>>
>>51309078
I'll see you there in a few months. Make sure you bring enough popcorn for all of us.
>>
I have torrents over 15tb using my current line alone, only had it for just under 2 years. I ve never heard a single peep.

UK, 152mbit vorgoin media fiber optic mang
>>
>>51308695

>or get a different hobby as torrenting won't be an option

I use Mega tbÍŹh
>>
>>51308973
Fear mongering? I don't pirate warez because I am afraid to, I pay for shit because I see the damage it causes. Namely content developers cancelling shit because it all just gets stolen and they can't financially support development any more. The ones that do carry on always ram it full of DRM desperately trying to get the money back they've lost in development that always ends up shooting honest people in the foot. The pirating arseholes still claim they pirate for "moral" reasons, like they aren't happy with what content is these days so they don't pay so they have to change......literally what? If you think it is so terrible you wouldn't want to watch/play anyway, let alone steal it you fucking liars.
>The latest the cheeky fuckers did was steal Fallout 4 before release, pirated and then complained it was a shit game because muh graphix and wah a prerelease game has bugs ;__;
Seriously, fuck those cunts.
>>
>>51309204
has the kek been lifted?
>>
>>51309219
Hooray desu senpai!
>>
>>51309235
teh kek has not been lifted
>>
>>51308695
>TPP countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, the United States, Vietnam, Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, and Singapore
>Third world country
>Controlled by jews
That's what you get.
Alternatively you can do what I did, Created a site with terabytes of content uploaded by users, and can only be accessed from people on the same ISP.
But it's the safest one.
>>
>>51309117
Everyone has something to hide. Even the bootlickers.
>>
>>51309255
>Created a site with terabytes of content uploaded by users, and can only be accessed from people on the same ISP.

Is this viable for someone who's kinda tech retarded?
>>
>>51309246
Well shit.
>>
>>51309272
Yeah, it's just a web site.
However it won't load if you aren't on the same ISP.
>>
In Canada, so torrent is illegal. Neither is pirating. Selling it is, so don't fucking sell that shit, and you're good. Thus all because the US government is corrupt as fuck. As long as its not sold, there's no loss of sale.

Also, don't pirate games/software. Those are the bug ones. Music and movies, no one gives a shit. I doubt they care too much about those in the US.
>>
>>51309295
Which ISP? and link?
>>
>live in Israel
>piracy is practically legal
Feels good man
>>
>>51309310
Isn't illegal. My mistake.
>>
File: wat.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
>According to the industry groups these sites are costing U.S. companies millions of dollars in revenue.
>>
>>51309353
seriously, who gives a fuck about some moncho with a crappy business model losing money?
>>
>>51309370
It's that they're saying that they're "losing" money. The majority was never going to buy the bluray/album in the first place.
>>
>>51309312
Not falling for that jew.
Anyway just put your external IP with 0.0 and port 8000
>>
>>51309213
Those who got it for free can give an honest opinion. Those who paid 60 jewros for it will try to rationalize their purchase.
>>
>>51309370
Well, it's more about 2 points:
1. No matter how you look at it, conjuring up imaginary numbers without any legitimacy or tangible validity behind them, in order to justify creating them out of thin air, can be seen as a form of money laundering.
2. The people "losing money" aren't artists and technicians, but the parties that didn't create anything in the first place. 3rd parties and contractors who castrate artists and technicians with idiotic contracts, who are obsolete in this day and age considering the Internet renders all their old marketing and distribution services as obsolete.
Ergo, there is an ever increasing rift between the copywrong monopoly and the artists/scientists in this world.
Even this bullshit about extending the public domain limit to 70 years [leeching off creations whose creators are dead for a long time like parasites] is a blemish to the same twisted ethical and moral integrity anti-pirates pride themselves on.
>>
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
How the fuck did TPP pass? i am quite sure it has not passed yet through the US congress since it breaks their constitution for fuck sake

This fucking shit allows pharma companies to fuck over people, retarded patent law extensions, allows fucking COMPANIES to SUE COUNTRIES without due process for ***EXPECTED PROFITS**

this cant be fucking according to US constitution
>>
>>51309353
IMAGINARY EXPECTED PROFITS

ENJOY GETTING SUED BY THESE COMAPNIES BECAUSE THEY LOST IMAGINARY NON EXISTING MONEY LOEL

with the assumption that every download is 100% buy

kek

What a fukcing world

Goddamn everyone that was born before the fucking 1985 needs to be killed
>>
If it doesn't affect my chinese cartoons, then no problem here.
>>
ipfs or whatever
>>
>>51309642

born in 1993 but I agree

easily 95% of my generation is subhuman scum
>>
>>51309401
>external IP with 0.0 and port 8000
I've found the motherload.
You made this?
>>
>>51309687
Your reading comprehension isn't up to scratch today, mate.
>>
>>51309000
Just checking
>>
>>51309213
I wouldn't have bought it anyways
>>
>>51309213
Not what the guy was talking about but that's nice. Also most people who pirate wouldn't have bought the product anyway, due to perceived cost/enjoyment value but being satisfactory or simply because they didn't have the money anyway. Very few people pirate something just because they can.
>>
>>51309213
>I pay for shit because I see the damage it causes.
Imaginary expected profits are not real.

>Namely content devs. cancelling shit.
Release it without middle men in the Steam or Kikestart or in the Internet general.

>Stolen
Piracy is not stealing for the umptenet milliard time.

>Cant financially support development anymore
but you can, if you dig it and see nobody steals the money (like publishers)

>>51309764
Piracy also has bonuses, like there are no ridiculous ads in the blurays or how easy it is to copy it to multiple devices (the product you bought) etc. or how you can get it in multiple formats (stuf like Bandcamp fixes this tho!)

mong
>>
does this affect europe?
>>
>>51309812
TTIP is the EUROPEAN TTP
>>
>>51309779
>Piracy also has bonuses, like there are no ridiculous ads in the blurays or how easy it is to copy it to multiple devices (the product you bought) etc. or how you can get it in multiple formats (stuf like Bandcamp fixes this tho!)
Honestly as much as I dislike those things, they seem really benign compared to companies like google, facebook, microshit literally keylogging your ass, hoarding your data and selling it to the highest bidder/governments agencies.
>>
>>51309822
what is TTIP?
>>
>>51309016
>>51309094
TTIP has way less regulation about copyright and online piracy then TPP does
>>
>>51309829
YOu dislike the ease of use and no ads in your product?
>>
>>51309832
also meant for
>>51309822
>>51309035
>>
how to counter this

do as cuba and use offline piracy
>>
>>51309845
No I meant I dislike having to sit through ads to watch my media, or it being a pain to port it to different devices. These however seem like minor inconveniences compared to having a backdoor in my operating system or all my web activity tracked and auctioned.
>>
>>51309893
Oh yes. Yes they are minor things. How do they relate to each other though? I don't see your point.
>>
>>51309910
You're right, I suppose they're not directly related as such.
>>
>>51308695
I hope this means Usenet will once again get a big push.
>>
Instead of being angry and afraid, and trying to find even more convoluted ways to pirate shit, you should just give up all this lame crap that the industry pushes like a cabal of drug lords. Because there's absolutely nothing they can do about that. It really is that easy, and a wonderful feeling to not have this ball and chain around your neck.
>>
>>51308695

It will go further underground, and most people won't be doing it anymore.

But torrenting won't die, at least not by the TPP anyways.
>>
>>51308695

So a bunch of fucking shitholes that nobody cares about. Great.
>>
>>51310152
Ok so what 3rd world do you hail from street shitter?
>>
>>51310164
>calling other people 3rd worlders when you are Amerikek.

Reminder that you are assumed to be a terrorist and spy and all of your data is both passively and actively collected by NSA and your civil rights, human rights and constitution means jack shit to them as they break it every second
>>
>>51310064
What we need is a Silk Road for commercial copyright infringement. If they want to break legal systems then we might as well set up to ignore that area of law entirely.
>>
>>51310193
No we don't. What we need is a site that keeps track of torrent files.
>>
>>51310193

You just need a safe place for people to disseminate torrents.

It's a pretty easy thing to do, and it won't be stopped.

What if torrent clients came pre-packaged with a few thousand of the most wanted files for people to just seed and leech from, without a website at all.
>>
Sooooo. Does this affect Canada and if so how badly? Can I still download movies and music without repercussions?
>>
>>51308943

much cringe
>>
>>51310261

Well, probably by like 2020, all ISPs will have repercussions for connecting and using popular torrent sites, if they aren't all shut down by then.

So a VPN will eventually be required to torrent.

Sites like Kickass, and really any site that's not BA like TPB will be shut down.

Private trackers will probably be fine.
>>
>>51308925
>It's like when boats pass each other and exchange messages for drugs and after they move on there's no trace of the message or something.
Wat
>>
>>51310387
Those fat cats with yachts are addicted to boat messages, just like you're addicted to the chans.
>>
File: 65465.png (375 KB, 572x464) Image search: [Google]
65465.png
375 KB, 572x464
>>51310426
>>
>>51310227
We need something like Sealand. But airborne, like a big airship; with a world-class satellite internet connection. Armed with nuclear warheads.

Yeah.
>>
>>51308695
Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear-words.
>>
Widespread riots and violent revolution when? Can't keep rolling over for your corporate overlords forever. The world should be so much better than this bullshit.
>>
>>51308695
>no Russia
>mfw Russia more free than America
>>
Honestly I pirate because seldom do the creators hold the copyright. It's always fat-cat corporate entities that give a mere pittance to the artist for every dollar made on the product. In this day and age there's virtually no reason that creators can't sell to consumers direct.
>>
>>51311087
Rutacker gtfod from russia.
Now whole world can torrent from it but not brother slavs.
>>
>>51308695
This happens in Germoney already. There are shark lawyers watching torrent peer lists and any German IPs they will ask the ISP for the address of the person and then send a extortion letter "Pay 500€ or be sued". If you don't respond, they won't bother.
>>
well, time to use 10s of terrabytes of buffers over various private trackers i've built over the years. :-)
>>
>>51308943
>CAN WE GET A SCREENSHOT?
*thrilling music*
*tactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactactac*
>GOT IT!
>>
Does this mean i need to pay 7 bucks a month for a vpn now? Because i was looking for a good reason anyway
>>
File: 1401630340510.gif (3 MB, 297x348) Image search: [Google]
1401630340510.gif
3 MB, 297x348
WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO NYAATORRENTS?!?!?!
IM SCARED
>>
>>51308695
>implying any of the new movies being released is actually worth watching.

I've stopped pirating, not because of ISP warnings (which I dont get in my country), but because of the shit comming from holywood.
>>
>>51311663

It's a lot harder to keep up with the freshest /tv/ memes without a ready stream of torrents
>>
>>51311693
I probably got media overdose... or, jews ruined holywood by forcing their shitty agenda into movies and ruining them to the point of being unwatchable.

I guess its the second thing, since I still enjoy pirating older movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1m_aXJa58
>>
File: 1415212017128.jpg (158 KB, 845x837) Image search: [Google]
1415212017128.jpg
158 KB, 845x837
>>51308695
>no Europe
Sorry, when was there a problem? You don't mean to say people will finally realise shit is better in Europe than in the rest of the world?
>>
Steam probably does more damage than pirating considering everyone waits for that 75%-90% off sale.
>>
>>51311663
Mad max was worth pirating.
>>
>>51311799
1 in 10 movies per year. I might as well buy one and reward them for their performance.
>>
>>51311818
I dont agree because you get a worse product when you buy it. Unskippable ads and shit.
>>
>>51309213
People who pirate also spend more money on software, music and movies.
>>
>>51309310
Why the heck would torrents be illegal to begin with?
>>
>>51311854
yep, its fucked up..
>go in cinema
>pay for movie
>realise its pure shit and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
the same day my country anounnced their shitty plan to ban strong encryption parliment was hacked and owned, what makes you think they _CAN_ enforce re:OP.
>>
File: simpsonsblank.png (284 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
simpsonsblank.png
284 KB, 608x448
Imo, the point of modern piracy is to avoid getting caught in the first place, not to get caught by a copyright holder and continue in spite of it. So the really only affects the least ingenious of pirates.

Furthermore, harsher copyright laws already exists in America for the last two decades and no one really gives a shit.

The TPP, by reducing tariffs, will increase competition. /g/ knows the importance of competition - amd vs intel, ios vs android, nvidia vs radeon, apple vs microsoft, arm vs x86. Let's not lose sight of how a trade deal would benefit all consumers.
>>
>>51308793
Honeypot
>>
>>51311908
I've got a pass to watch as many movies as I want in the cinema for 19 euro a month. Not bad.
>>
>>51312127
lol, 19 euro a month
>implying there are 2 or 3 movies per year worth watching.
>>
>>51308695
oh noes, pirate babies will have to do what everyone else does and actually buy things. My heart bleeds for your allergy to money.
>>
>>51312127
What a ripoff.
>>
I have enough tv series/movies to last me a life time.(40TB's worth)

im good.
maybe when shit REALLY hits the fan, i'll dump it on i2p/freenet or something.
>>
>>51311967
Do you understand what tariffs do?
they make it so that the cost of labor in other countries is roughly on parity with labor in your own country.
Reducing tariffs does increase competition. Competition for your own job.
It makes building a factory in your country more expensive, relative to building one in china or wherever.
It also means that robotic workforce will be further away, since the costs of humans goes down. Chinese people don't have things like rights or labour laws so on the backs of their willingness to work themselves to death you can be unemployed!
Sounds great if you want another yacht.
>>
>>51311967
it increases competition across nations. AMD and intel will now have to compete more with... oh right. Nobody.
>>
>>51312168
>Billion dollar business saves money by not buying white people's labor and this is a good thing
>Average joe saves money by not buying a music CD and this is the end of the world

Nice try goldbergstein
>>
>can't torrent shit because consistently on campus wi-fi
>not on any private trackers because of this
>visit parents for the weekend
>podunk town ISP doesn't care about piracy, no bandwidth caps

>decide to fill my 3tb external hard drive in case the TPP ends up happening
>Rutracker is down for the entire stay

Fuck.
>>
>>51312341
Say what you like but I like the idea of rewarding content holders who make high quality products and not even touching a shitty product with a 15 foot pole.
>>
>>51312168

Fuck off.

I dont live in one of the larger countries, i cant watch tv shows as they come out. Wtf am i to do but pirate shit i like?
>>
>>51312387
oh diddums. not my fault you live in some degenerate third world shit hole then.
>>
>>51312433
the point
your head
>>
>>51312387

What a sense of entitlement
>>
>>51312452
That didn't even vaguely sound like a a joke let alone and insult. Try harder or close the door behind you.
>>
>>51312467
>implying it's a joke
>implying it's an insult
you're actually looking for a needless argument.
>>
>>51312493
No. I'm just wondering why you're crybabying over you inflated sense of entitlement over something clearly not made for your territory,
>>
>>51312507
1. I'm a different guy.
2. I'm for information freedom. Restricting its spread is wrong to me. Would you maintain your opinion when it hurts you? Because that's what your argument is. Your argument is "your problems aren't mine, so none of this is a problem". That's only going to bite when it becomes your problem.
>>
>>51312493

But you don't even have a point, if a show is not in your country doesn't give you the right the pirate it. Piracy is classed as illegal for a reason
>>
>>51312544
DLing is only illegal in fucking stone age countries like USA.
>>
>>51312544
>you can only do what you have the rights to do.
did anyone ever give you the right to stand up? better stay crippled.
>>
>>51308695
Can't get away with blocking VPNs in america, every corporation with more than 1 office and more than 100 people uses them.
>>
>>51312710
Oh but you can certainly twist hands to stop VPNs providing to individuals.
>>
>>51312772
That's not even possible, do you understand technology?
>>
>>51312781
No, but I understand lobbying and the law.
You don't need to implement that technologically.
>>
>>51312805

You are a fucking idiot, it doesn't matter how much lobbying and laws they pass, it's a technological problem and there exists no tech that can solve it.
>>
>>51312529
>>51312529
Entertainment and media has nothing to do with "information"
buy it like weebs buy their Japanese mechandise

Show that there is a market in your country for these shows by supporting them
>>
>>51312846
let me explain.

If you use a VPN not governed by US law (ie. from a US business), then they cannot stop you. At all. That was never under debate. The only way they could possible stop that is if they banned encryption altogether and permitted packet checking. (topkek)
However, VPNs from US businesses ARE covered by US law and lobbyists can have them strung up until they can't provide for individuals.
As for VPNs run by US citizens privately... well if they're in the US they're still on US ISPs so nothing is really fixed.
>>
>>51312568

That was fucking retarded and my point still stands
>>
>>51312555

Show me places that states pirating is legal
>>
>>51312872
kinda does.
It can be duplicated without a cost in limited resources.
It is at heart a solution to the basic economic problem (how to distribute limited resources)
So trying to shove an economic idea into a non-economic realm is clearly going to cause an issue.
>>
>>51312888
>doesn't tunnel all his packets through a country that has bad political relations with his home country
>>
>>51312897
all the countries in European Union have legal downloading
>>
>>51312897
UK senpai.
>>
>>51312889
Your point does stand, but it doesn't answer the question.
You're right. There are no rights here.
So fucking what?
>>
>>51312912

Downloading Star wars iv without paying is not legal downloading

>>51312924

Is that why they block sites like kickasstorrents m8?
>>
The police state beginning to tighten its grip on the population. I got a letter from my ISP a week ago about copyright infringement. It was my first warning.
>>
>>51312953
>>
>Downloading Star wars iv without paying is not legal downloading
yes it is.
>>
ITT: Ameritards
>>
>>51312944

Point is stop trying to think like your bitch ass is entitled to copyrighted materials for free and admit you're a leeching pirate who doesn't support the content makers
>>
File: 4L_PFTnkuKg.jpg (20 KB, 547x537) Image search: [Google]
4L_PFTnkuKg.jpg
20 KB, 547x537
>>51312710
Exactly my thoughts.
Checkmate autists.
>>
>>51312980
Go ahead and prove me wrong
>>
>>51313024
You are the one claiming EU would breach its human rights. Waiting for you to show how EU court jailed somoene for downloading something thats not cheese pizza from the internet
>>
Think of the United States as a diverse Nazi Germany. Its all about profits, to that end they want to eliminate the white man because he's the only threat to the 1% because he knows better. That's the media narrative right now, diversity trumps everything and everyone else. Yes the system is corrupt and they're watching us to make sure we're giving them every dime. We'll never assert ourselves and take the country back. Flame me, the truth hurts sometimes.
>>
>>51308695

entitled children ... the world owes you nothing

- someone who puts food on his family's table by creating copyrighted content and selling it
>>
>>51313043
no one in the USA has been jailed for downloading a movie either
>>
>>51309401
extenal IP with 0.0?
Does that mean
xxx.xxx.0.0 or what?
>>
File: 1ba.jpg (32 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
1ba.jpg
32 KB, 550x633
>>51313447
The growth of online piracy is a direct result of businesses failing to change how they market and distribute their products dipshit, not a sense of entitlement. In many cases, it's easier to pirate something than to obtain it through legal channels.
>>
>>51311663
Rick and Morty is worth a watch. Never have I ever laughed so hard while I was sober.
>>
Hopefully lets players are next to get btfo by this
>>
>>51308943
>>51311461
Realistic computer stuff just isn't interesting.
The Blacklist mostly skirted around this but in a recent episode they were dealing with a website on the dark net/tor and started just throwing networking terms around.

This is part of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lZx7Cx9mtg
>>
funny I see this article today and then I get my first copy write notice from AT&T today after pirating tons of shirt for 3 years. Time to buy a vpn

Dear (Primary Account Holder),

We are sending you this alert as part of our participation in the Copyright Alert Program an industry-wide initiative intended to help users understand their rights and responsibilities in the distribution of copyrighted content online.

Digital content owners routinely monitor file-sharing networks to determine if copyrighted movies and music are being distributed illegally over the Internet. Through the Copyright Alert System, we've recently received a notice from a movie studio, record company, television studio or other company that owns copyrighted material that your AT&T Internet account was used in connection with possible infringement of their copyright protected materials.

Your account was identified by its IP address. However, in keeping with the AT&T Privacy Policy, we have not released your name or personal information, and we will not do so except as required by a lawful request for records. But at the request of the content owner, we are sending this alert which applies to all users of your account so that the issue may be resolved without further action.

Using your Internet service to infringe copyrights is illegal and a violation of the AT&T Internet Terms of Service (TOS) and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), which apply to all users of your account, and could result in mitigation measures including limitation of Internet access or even suspension or termination.*

No action will be taken at this point and we'll let you know when mitigation measures are pending, should any be necessary. At that point, if you wish, you may request an Independent Review which provides an opportunity to challenge this or any other Copyright Alert before any mitigation measure is implemented.
>>
The only thing I pirate any more is movies and TV, because it's the last medium that is difficult to obtain legitimately.

I try-and-buy with music, and most music is widely available on YouTube.
Steam and GoG sales, plus Humble Bundles, have given me a Steam library of over 1000 games, most of which I'll probably never play.
But if I want to watch a movie, I have to spend $20 to see it in theaters or wait 18 months and spend $40 to buy the "SPECIAL BLU-RAY DVD COMBOPACK EDITION WITH 9001 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES".
TV is worse. I have to either watch it when it first airs or wait two years for it to come out on DVD/Blu-Ray and spend a ridiculous amount of money.
>>
>>51309779
Yes. I have actually bought music through Bandcamp, and that's saying something. Fantastic service, a lot of artists also use the 'pay what you want' feature and stuff that doesn't is reasonably priced.
>>
>>51308695
>ISPs are blocking IPs, DNS, proxies, VPN services etc.
Not in America. Quit believing the Al Jazeera and Russia Today disinformation.
>>
I watched Steal This Movie recently and some of those old anti piracy advertisements they have are hilarious. Fucking Jackie Chan going on about how it funds terrorists and they pirate medical data or some shit that costs lives.
>>
>>51314491
America is the worst perpetrator of the TPP.
>>
Torrents != piracy
>>
Poptepipic got shut down due to the TPP. Shit sucks.
>>
>>51309246
kek desu senpai
>>
>>51314527
>America is the worst perpetrator of the TPP.
Just spew your opinion, you may eventually be right
>or not
>>
>>51309857
huhue

wait what?
>>
Obligao a virar nomah
>>
File: piracy floppy.jpg (56 KB, 677x929) Image search: [Google]
piracy floppy.jpg
56 KB, 677x929
>>51314617
Trade floppy disks like it's 94.
>>
>>51314687
Obligatory related video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI
>>
>>51314617
>>51309857
Cuba has a long running sneakernet which used to be popular in the 90s before our net just made it easier to just link up.
>>
This wouldn't be the first time.

People will *always* find a way.
You are stupid if you believe otherwise.

If not through torrenting then through other means.
One advantage pirates have over governments is being able to *dictate the rules*.
They decide how the transfer happens, law has to "catch on" to that.

Sure, it becomes an endless game of cat and mouse, but the mouse is always ahead, and piracy lives on.

Ask yourself - how can Internet regulations stop it, if it's not even tied to the Internet?
>>
>>51314733
As soon as I saw that you had posted a video, the intro drum beat thing to his song started playing in my head.
>>
>>51314687
Ueah only these days we dont have a cheap re writable disposable media that can hold a game. Blu ray doesnt come close.

>>51314788
No one is saying piracy will become imposissble. They justneed to make it uncomfortable enough and people will give in. You as a power user will still be able to, but it will take a lot more effort and work.
>>
>>51309078
B O O T L I C K E R B O Y Z
>>
File: 0028 - SCG8lgv.jpg (309 KB, 650x482) Image search: [Google]
0028 - SCG8lgv.jpg
309 KB, 650x482
I honestly expect a return to more sneakernet methods of piracy or hidden IRC channels

For example, two people know each other so they agree to "trade" their warez by sharing a 256 GB usb key they exchange in person.

expect a return to data hoarding as a means of building up inventory. I was born in 91, but I expect that this is what the tape trading days of the 80s/early 90s was like.

We should start networking and building our personal "warez" contacts for this purpose, to be quite honest with you my blood relations.
>>
Anyone who doesn't have a ratio >1 has no right to post ITT.
>>
>>51315249
There have been some good TPP Preparedness threads on /tech/ you should check 'em.
>>
>>51315626
/tech/?
>>
What about GNUnet?
>>
>>51315699
I think he means on cripplechan, I'm surprised its even running to date.
>>
>>51308695
>>51308714
Your post is basically just a bunch of power words strung together into nonsensical sentences comprised of thinly veiled paranoia and fear mongering.

You've literally said nothing.
>>
>>51310190
Why do you care if some fat homo in his moms basement you will never meet knows which YouTube videos you watch, oh wait he doesn't because he won't even remember who you are the next day? I'd rather that than getting nuked and taken over by russians
>>
>>51315249
>For example, two people know each other so they agree to "trade" their warez by sharing a 256 GB usb key they exchange in person.
Anyone with friends already trades things like this already.
As for actual international, or even national piracy however, that is a stupid and difficult way to go about it. If torrenting becomes that monitored and you don't want to use a VPN just fucking XDCC.
>>
>>51308733
>>51308733
Didn't find that page, so I'm pretty sure you're lying.
>>
>>51308943
OOzemeister
>>
>>51315785
>Anyone with friends already trades things like this already.
No. I did that once but that was 2tb data that would have been sent over a adsl connection. With the wares readily avalible and 100mb or faster uncapped connections with 0 risk of even an isp letter why would we?
>>
>>51308695
>third world countries + japan
nobody gives a fuck, faggot
>>
>>51315863
>100mb or faster uncapped connections
I can guarantee you that decent USB/eSata/etc media is way, way more common than that kind of connection.
>>
>>51308695

> 2015
> Piracy

Why don't you just get a job anon...
>>
Is this just going to keep happening until people start committing acts of terrorism against the government in defiance, or are people too braindead to care these days?
>>
>>51309627
It's all done in secret. Ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>51316009
Im not op but i have a career. I still want to pirate things.
>>
>>51316009
Imagine being charged a dollar to go outside. Another while you're in the store for listening to the copyrighted music playing in the background. Another is deducted from your bank account while you drive home because you are listening to the radio. Another is charged every time you pick up your instrument and play a song that's copyrighted. Then you watch a movie with 3 friends at home and you get charged $10 for sharing copyrighted material with other viewers. Then you make a joke using pop culture and another dollar is charged because that pop culture reference is patented. Then you answer a call on your phone and before you can receive it you have to wait to listen to ads unless you pay a $15 / month fee so the people who made the phone receiver and speaker get their cut.

This is metaphorically what the Internet will be like eventually at this rate. Doesn't even a non exaggerated version of this make you sick?
>>
>>51316009
I'm only pirating proprietary software. Using proprietary software is bad enough, so it's less evil if you pirate it. Stallman agrees.
>>
>>51316131

The internet is going to shit anyway. I have seriously considering just quitting.
>>
>>51316131
I think I better understand why some people commit suicide now.
>>
Who the fuck uses torrents!

I thought you people were the "Premium Strikeforce Hacking Team"?

For shame...
>>
USENET
S
E
N
E
T

USENET
S
E
N
E
T

USENET
S
E
N
E
T
>>
>>>51314687
>Ueah only these days we dont have a cheap re writable disposable media that can hold a game.
What is a memory stick. Yeah, of course you wont buy one each time but you can easily trade with the supplier much like what you do with soda glass bottles, you return an empty one in order to buy a new one so you dont pay for the bottle, just the liquid.
>>
>>51315785

>As for actual international, or even national piracy however, that is a stupid and difficult way to go about it.

Certainly much slower and expensive but possible. Say you ship an encrypted 2 TB Hard drive, who can tell what's on it? What's different from an ordinary empty disk being sold? It would go under the water pretty easily.
>>
>Mfw they curb piracy and realize they're revenues actually drop like we've been saying for years now
>>
X D C C B O T S
D
C
C

B
O
T
S
>>
>>51317012
>>51316686

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN (the boys are back in town)

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOOOOOWOOWOWN
>>
>>51316963
The thing is, I wouldn't buy the shit I pirate if I couldn't pirate it to begin with.
I usually buy stuff if I really like it after pirating.
Sometimes I buy a game after enjoying it a lot after pirating.
That's mostly because I'm a poorfag, I can't afford to buy something that I don't like.

Same goes for anime, all the shows I've pirated and watched, I wouldn't ever buy them even if it was the only way to watch them, heck I can't even afford it.
>>
finally you freeloading bottom feeders will have to go and get a job to pay for video games
>>
i noticed a lot of blockbusters are hard to find on torrent sites. seems it's for real this time

doesnt seem theyre targeting private trackers yet
>>
>>51308943

G07 4 Surpri53 f0r u
>>
>>51315831
kat takes down movies all the time because of dmca request, this is nothing new.
>>
>>51308943
That was funny, absurd, and cringe all at the same time. Thank you and fuck you for sharing
>>
>>51316785
I'm not saying it wouldn't be far harder for the authorities to curb, I'm saying it's really inconvenient for users to do on a large scale, especially when compared to methods that are still relatively untraceable and incredibly convenient (XDCC, Usenet, VPN, etc).
>>
So, what's a good way to store all the crap you need to hoard?
>>
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 927x278) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20 KB, 927x278
>>51308733
>>51315831
The spam filter doesn't let me post it, so here it is in a screenshot of it. Thank me later.
>>
>>51318083
Here's a plaintext version:
http://pastebin.com/XTafQ24m
>>
>>51308695
>pirating shit ever
Stay poor fags, I have 6 figure salary so I can afford whatever I want.
>>
>tfw all we can do about this is shitpost on /g/
>>
>>51313881
haha it's like he just started naming shit.
>>
>>51309213
Lol are you fucking serious? fallout is a video game made by a company with unending money. God forbid someone says something about it that doesn't align with the Reddit circlejerk
>>
File: picard.jpg (19 KB, 330x329) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
19 KB, 330x329
>>51318136
>Stay poor fags, I have 6 figure salary so I can afford whatever I want.
No you can't.
Selection of some toys:
Core Impact Professional, $40,000
Softimage Face Robot, $95,000
VxWorks real time operating system, $199,000
Auto Desk Inventor Pro, $7,295
Adobe Font Folio 11.1 (2500 fonts!!), $3,000
Image Solutions DocComposer, $22,000
etc.
>>
>>51313007
How the fuck?
>>
>>51318482
Why the fuck would I want any of that? And if I actually needed those software, especially for work, my company would pay for it. Fuck off poorfag.
>>
>>51308695

>copyright holders won

Is anything worth pirating now adays? Does the world really need a 8th ironman movie?

Nothing of value was lost. Good riddance.
>>
stopping piracy is fucking retarded, those who download a game weren't going to buy it in the first place, either way they will probably go after the sites legally rather than the downloaders unless they expect to send millions of people to jail.
>>
>>51318482
>>51318503

Consumerism at its finest.
>>
File: 1439080172356.gif (797 KB, 440x340) Image search: [Google]
1439080172356.gif
797 KB, 440x340
>Tfw live in Israel
>Tfw even the ISP's are probably running pirated software
>>
>>51318632
Hopefully, Hollywood and the MPAA just completely alienate and bankrupt themselves with this move.
>>
so how do we counter this?
>>
>>51319084
by continuing to do what it says you can't do
>>
File: 1444274619635.jpg (297 KB, 1589x1191) Image search: [Google]
1444274619635.jpg
297 KB, 1589x1191
>>51313881
wut?
>>
>>51314687
Fucking hell this shit infuriates me.

If someone makes say a clay pot, and I see that clay pot and being a clay pot maker think I can copy the design because I want a pot like that in my house, have I actually stolen something?

No!

Now say my friend has a pot, and I like the design, and so I make a pot just like it to put in my home, is that stealing my friend's pot? Nope.

Now say my friend has a pot, and I have a machine which takes pictures of things and makes another one - have I yet stolen my friend's pot? Nope.

Now lets say my friend has a disk with some software, and I have a machine which takes pictures of that disk and makes another one - have I stolen my friend's CD? Nope.
>>
out of topic.. anyone still got that bpng program that merges 2 images to one when clicking
>>
>>51318519
>I can afford all I want because there's nothing I want or someone else is already paying for it
>>
>Copyright holders making efforts to stop people from stealing the products that keep their businesses afloat.

You morons are surprised? You're using the product they've spent money developing without actually paying the price they've put on it. This is stealing. They need to make a return on that investment or else they don't keep their doors open, their employees don't get fed.

The funny thing about this is that there are pirates who legitimately operate as if they're some sort of modern day crusaders. For whatever reason, you simply cannot get someone to simply admit. "I pirate because I'm lazy and/or poor." Which is the stark reality of 99% of this shit. Instead, they act like they're saving the world from 'big ebul corporations xD'. News Flash: If a business doesn't get a profit, they don't make a product.

The irony in all of this is that it all started with the pirates. Pirates steal shit, companies apply DRM to protect their product and the only person who's left annoyed are legitimate paying customers. So pirates certainly have their own share of blame in this entire situation.
>>
>>51312317
Not that guy, but do YOU understand what tariffs do? They are entirely political. Years of economic study have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that tariffs cause more economic damage than benefit. The only reason so many tariffs are still in place today is because of lobbying and cronyism.
>>
>>51319464
>You morons are surprised? You're using the product they've spent money developing without actually paying the price they've put on it. This is stealing. They need to make a return on that investment or else they don't keep their doors open, their employees don't get fed.
Free market, businesses don't have a right to profit. If your work is so easily reproduced that people don't feel the need to pay you for it, then whatever man.
>>
Miami FL here.
Just cracked fallout 4 and tomb raider, no problems.
>>
This shit is terrible, but multinationals are already sueing countrys over laws that threaten their profits.

>>51319508
What? Which economic "studies" show that? I happen to live in a country which had the little industry it had developed destroyed by neoliberal open market policies designed to make the ruling class richer and have the working class pay the bill.
>>
PLEASE WAIT UNTIL I FINISH GRADUATE SCHOOL, I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR BOOKS.
>>
File: 1444523737670.png (657 KB, 560x630) Image search: [Google]
1444523737670.png
657 KB, 560x630
>>51319535
>If your work is so easily reproduced that people don't feel the need to pay you for it, then whatever man.
>>
>>51308695
>Where were you when Internet piracy and torrenting died?
At home pirating Fallout 4.
>>
>>51319600
How many industries have been destroyed by technological advance?
>horse carriage industry, dead
>blacksmithing, dead
>handwritten books, dead

Technology is a bitch but everyone else has to deal with it.
>>
>>51319809
I bet you won't be saying that when it's your industry getting destroyed.
>>
>>51319838
It's not really a position I'm very fond of, but it seems rather absurd for one industry to get a free pass while the others go under. I certainly don't envisage the RIAA/MPAA types to kick up a fuss about truck drivers being replaced by Google.
>>
File: MFW.png (603 KB, 817x548) Image search: [Google]
MFW.png
603 KB, 817x548
I have been torrenting shit for over a decade. I probably download something at least every week, mostly just because it's more convenient. So this will be a bit of a loss to me.
But nothing, NOTHING will blemish the sheer pleasure of watching you teenagers and NEETs bawl your fucking eyes out over not being able to break the law anymore. I guess silly shit like having to pay for a video game actually matter when you don't have a job.
>>
>>51319902
but this "technological advance" will facilitate cultural (arts, music, writing) degradation
>>
>>51320159
So did replacing skilled craftsmen with factories and factories with chinese factories.

Seems like an odd point to start caring about that.
>>
>>51320194
In hindsight, the Industrial Revolution was a mistake.
>>
>>51319809
You are right about technology killing off industries, and it being part of progress.
But that is a stupid comparison here. Horse carriage industry died because we have things better than horse carriages now and nobody wants one. We haven't replaced music with something better and people still want music just as much as before. It's just that there's a way to steal/get it for free with no consequenses
>>
>>51320206
Please return the device you're shitposting on to the nearest human capable of Higher Functions™ so that you can go live innawoods and see how much better it is.
>>
>>51320300
>It's just that there's a way to steal/get it for free with no consequenses
But it's not free. I have to pay the internet man, the computer-making man, and the site owner (in way of viewing ads).
>>
>>51320343
You have to pay "the car man" and "oil companies" to go shop groceries too. I don't see how that made any sense in your head.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.