[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What software does /g/ use to block telemetry on Windows 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: imagesCBN39ZVB.jpg (8 KB, 209x115) Image search: [Google]
imagesCBN39ZVB.jpg
8 KB, 209x115
What software does /g/ use to block telemetry on Windows 10?
>>
What is that, a firewall for ants?
>>
I use Linux :^)
>>
>software
the only way to block that shit is unplug ethernet, disable wireless adapter or not run win10 at all
>>
>>51308381
None
Who fucking cares
>>
Deep down inside, you know that:

- this shit OS will hide some files logging all you do somewhere on your hd.

- one day you'll be late blocking their neverending stream of telemetry updates

- the files will upload, et voilĂ , it's like you never blocked anything at all

RMS knows it, I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. With proprietary software, you can't win.

So, looks like you have 2 options :
1.No Internet, ever.
2.Linux

Bye
>>
>>51308381
GNU/Linux.
>>
>>51308381
Nat and Wep2 with bitlocker

I'd like to have none, i'm no terrorist its more to lock out my neighbor hacker trying to get free music off my HDD.
>>
>>51308426
kek
>>
>>51308381
Windows 7.
>>
>>51308777
This. There is no other option, really. Use W10 and you are bound to be tracked by everyone, no matter how well you try to block the hardcoded IP-addresses.

If you can somehow set up your router/firewall to block contacts to those addresses, maybe then you can prevent it from sending directly, but >>51308748 still applies.
>>
>>51309083
They added telemetry to W7 and W8 in some more recent patches. Unless you had them blocked from installing, you're not any better off.
>>
>>51308381
Arch Linux
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.