[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are wireless headphones the future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 120104_BEATSHEADPHONES_020edit.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
120104_BEATSHEADPHONES_020edit.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1667
Are wireless headphones the future?
>>
>>51305673
no
>>
>>51305718

Mainly because it's not new technology.
>>
>>51305673
yes
>>
>>51305673

I once heard about a crappy set of headphones that had a 30 pin ipod connector right above one of the ears. The concept was to put an ipod shuffle literally in your headphones.I kinda like that kind of "wireless".
>>
>>51305673
Maybe
>>
>>51305673
That's a pretty gross beard.
>>
If you want brain cancer.
>>
More like wireless everything.
>>
On to the topic of wireless technology, are there any wifi devices that calculate the location of the device in use and then try to do focus wifi transmission for either reduced power consumption or better reception?

In other words, wifi device that tracks the location of devices and sends signals to those spots only.
>>
>>51305752
This sounds like an interesting idea.

You could have 'wireless' headphones using bluetooth, where the media is buffered then played on the headset. The large quality audio stream would be stored on a flash module, while the device in question firsts streams the audio file in its entirety before letting the headphones play it. This means that live audio wouldn't be a thing, or would be of lesser quality. But you could have a seriously high fidelity audio experience.

Its a shit idea, but interesting. I suppose there will be a time in the future where wireless headphones make sense for an audiophile. But today is not that day.
>>
>>51305673
Today I smashed my smartphone on the fucking concrete because of wires getting tangled with my backpack.
I seriously consider modding my headphones or buying new ones.
>>
File: 1447150262156.jpg (19 KB, 410x432) Image search: [Google]
1447150262156.jpg
19 KB, 410x432
>>51306389
Pretty sure you're looking for a beam forming router, senpai. Unfortunately, the whole beam forming thing isn't well standardized and supposedly you can get wildly varying results.
>>
>>51306342
This.
>>
>>51305673
I don't think that Bluetooth Aptx is bad actually. I think that we are still in need of something that works better, but it's now at the point that it doesn't incur ridiculous power requirement and the audio quality's not so abysmal that it's unusable.
>>
>>51305673
yes
>>
>>51305673
You're almost 10 years late son
>>
>Wireless headset costs $250NZ
its a rich fag thing so , yes it will be main stream in 10 years.
Its old tech but it is get very popular with multiplayer gamers.
>>51306342
yep.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.