[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any way to do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1431765552190.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1431765552190.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
I have a folder full of .jpg files, and I'd like to tag them all. Is there any way I could find or easily make a script to upload the images to http://iqdb.org/, and then download/scrape the tags from the corresponding page (I'd like to manually choose which match to use after it searches). If they're in .xml format or whatever I don't really care because I have exiftool to save them onto the file.

I tried to install scrapy for python but I gave up after installing libxml2 became annoying as fuck. (I'm on windows 10). I know there's a chrome extension for scraping but it doesn't seem like it'd do nearly as much as I need.

If this is the wrong place to ask, where is the right place?
>>
Anybody?
>>
>>51305629
>I'm on windows 10
install gentoo
>>
>>51305867
is there even a way to do it on there?
>>
you're gonna need to learn to program if you want to do it. and it's gonna take you a while. i could do that in like 1 hour or so i believe, but i've been coding for a decade
>>
>>51306266
and what programming language would I use for this? I know basic C and Python
>>
any scripting language

but real talk, if you knew what to do, you wouldn't be asking these questions
>>
>>51306301
Is there a good scripting language with support for web scraping in the manner I want to use and easy use in windows? I don't mind learning at all.
>>
just put linux in a vm and do it there. windows is garbage for this kind of thing

any scripting language will do this easily on linux
>>
>>51306301
as I said I tried to install the shit so I can do scraping with python since that's what I was familiar with, but it's idiotic to set up on windows. Are there ANY languages that I can download their shit and just code?
>>
>>51306322
ok
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.