[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Switched to Apple Music because free trial, inb4 FLAC flamewar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-11-11-22-19-12.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-11-22-19-12.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Switched to Apple Music because free trial, inb4 FLAC flamewar.

It looks better and works better than Google Play Music. It's also been more stable thus far.

Still, nothing really beats Spotify. I like how AM looks, but in terms of stability, Spotify wins.
>>
File: Cool Starry Bra.jpg (69 KB, 504x394) Image search: [Google]
Cool Starry Bra.jpg
69 KB, 504x394
>>
>>51305051
Apple's music app designs have always been on point, especially Apple Music. I'm in love with it's simple and elegant design.

Too bad this hasn't translated into the rest of iOS. For a music player, Material design sucks, but for the Android OS as a whole, it looks leagues better than iOS.
>>
>>51305051
>>51305092
I mean, Apple had years to master music, at least in terms of aesthetics.

Spotify looks even shitter than GPM, but it at least works better than either service.
>>
>>51305051
how do these things work?

can you just add any songs to your library and stream them, flatrate?
>>
>Apple Music on Android is material design, redesigned for Android use and design
>iTunes on Windows is still a bad joke

For what purpose? I wouldn't mind being forced it if it wasn't crashy slow garbage
>>
>>51305128
I'm not sure what Apple does to the quality when uploaded, but yes, you can upload your own music.

But both Apple Music and Google Play Music are also streaming services, like Spotify.

If you're asking how streaming services work, you pay a monthly subscription fee month-to-month, usually $9.99, to steam unlimited on demand music. You can usually also download this music for offline play, but only natively in the app.
>>
>>51305165
I think it still uses that weird porting system they created like a decade ago.

>tfw never had problems with itunes on windows
>>
>>51305165
Apple Music took the best features of both designs and it looks awesome because of it.

iTunes for Windows is Apple lazily reskining Windows to look like a Mac program.
>>
>streaming your music
Enjoy your signal degradation
>>
>>51305051
I have to admit, the iOS design looks really awesome for a music player. Wonder why Apple has never been able to replicate it's "elegance" OS wide? The rest of iOS looks like someone trying to copy the design of the music app.
>>
>>51305243
>The rest of iOS looks like someone trying to copy the design of the music app.

Because that's exactly it. Apple created the iPod, then tried to make everything afterwards look like an iPod. Apple Music looks awesome because it's a music player based on a music player.
>>
>Android will never look this good
>neither will the rest of iOS
>>
>>51305128
Yeah, at least Google Play does that, upload up to iirc 10,000 songs and stream them to any device, pin albums and songs you want kept offline

The main feature for these music apps is a subscription to stream and pin any songs _they_ have in their library, or "radios" of curated songs.

For example you could play an album and it'll keep playing music from that artist instead of having to download more, or just pick whatever themed radio they suggest if you can't find anything
>>
>>51305291
>>51305128
Basically, think of iTunes, but unlimited.

You can also upload your own music on both services, Google Play and Apple, but not Spotify. However, if you do not care about your own music, Spotify tends to be the most stable, which is not saying much.
>>
>>51305051
Jessssssicaaa
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.