[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digital Coax soundcard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SC015_img_pro_a_f05d_m500_m300.png (80 KB, 451x299) Image search: [Google]
SC015_img_pro_a_f05d_m500_m300.png
80 KB, 451x299
So /g/ i need some advice

I have a pretty nice home cinema set with a player that has 2x audio in 1x digital optical and 1x digital coax. (no HDMI only out)
I have always been using the optical out on my mobo with unlocked realtek drivers to play dts/dd.

Now I got a nice digital receiver which needs to use this optical in on the blue-ray player so that leaves the digital coax for my pc.
I ordered a cool cable and all and then I found out my mobo doesnt have a digital coax out only optical. So I need a soundcard.

After I did a little bit of research I could barely find any info on soundcards that support digital coax, as there were very few, including this really cheap;
http://www.sweex.com/en/beeld-geluid/sc015/
But there is no info on dts/dd support or w/e. Do all audio cards automatically properly pass through lossless audio? Because I had to unlock my realtek drivers on my mobo before I could play dts/dd I wonder if this will also be the case with other soundcards like the one in the link.

Or should I invest more in a soundcard like an Asus Xonar xxx? Its not a billion dollar set I just want to be able to listen to all formats without much hassle. I just want to slide in a card that supports digital coax and passes through anything audio out of the box. Surely that can be done without a 200$ card right? Also I cant seem to find any soundcards that werent released at least 5 years ago, is this branche dead?

Could you guys recommend me something? Its like I arrived at a ghosttown when loking for cards
>>
bump please guyss
>>
>>51299739
Here you go, it might not be of much use, but...
Get a Soundcard, like the Xonar DGX.
Most mobo audiochips do not pass signals through the proper channels you'd want them to, and are subject to EM distortion.

So, get a soundcard. Personally, I use a DGX, which has given me satisfactory quality and no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>51299936
Thanks bro! I would love to buy that card, but the Xonar DGX doesnt have Digital Coax out :(
>>
File: 1431283227973.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1431283227973.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
I use coax on a x-plosion to a Z-680. Auzentech is gone but drivers still work in W10 (windows 8 drivers).
>>
>>51299739
out of curiosity why have a pc and a blueray player, wouldn't a blueray drive for the pc have been cheaper? and that's without getting into either of the arguments about purchasing media and the fragility of optical media
>>
>>51300104
And in case OP can't find this card since reverse google gives the wrong results

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156001
>>
>>51300148

I have a PC and a home theater system (with blue-ray player) in my living room. The PC is in the corner and the TV in the center across the couch, under the TV is the blue ray player, all the speakers connect to the blue ray player so it serves as an amp this is why I need all my audio to go through there.

So I can watch dts/dd movies on 5.1 from my PC on my TV while (audio to blue-ray player amp)
>>
>>51300104
>>51300170
Thanks, I already ordered the one in the OP, but if it sucks I can see if I can find this in Holland.
>>
>>51300426
I guess I'm dense today, I'm still not getting why you'd get a standalone blueray placer instead of one for the pc and just piping your audio and video through the home theater when you wanna watch something
>>
>>51300475
I dont actually use the blueray player, all the speakers are connected to the bluray player like most home theater systems, so if I want to send audio from my PC to my 5.1 system I have to connect the PC to the blueray player through digital cable (optical or coax)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.