[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I followed your advice guys and I'm building my own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: June%202010%20264[1].jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
June%202010%20264[1].jpg
60 KB, 640x480
So, I followed your advice guys and I'm building my own pc. I installed the cpu and an external cpu fan but when I try to install the backplate of the motherboard into the case, it just doesn't fit. What do I do /g/uys?

The motherboard is Gigabyte z170x gaming 3 and the case is Corsair carbide series 200R.
>>
It fits. Push harder you pussy.

No but really they are a really tight fit.
>>
Surface Book i7 immediately, you are out of the desktop league m8
>>
It's a really tight fit

Also you may need to bend some of those metal prongs to get your mobo connectors to fit in
>>
Your case and motherboard probrably dont go togather. You should of looked at the size of the mothrboard(atx , mico-atx) you were buying and at the size of the case
>>
>>51298245
>backplate of the motherboard..

like....an actual backplate? or is the cpu backplate preventing you from installing it...im confused. take some pictures man
>>
File: 144726818393584078507.jpg (637 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
144726818393584078507.jpg
637 KB, 2592x1944
Nevermind I got it it just needed some extra force. But I lost the case manual, can you tell me which screws are the ones to mount the mb?
>>
>>51298245
It should fit easily with the thermite you should have bought.

You're not building it at room temperature, are you?
>>
>>51298500
>lost the case manual
You are not qualified to work with screws
>>
>>51298534
holy motherfucking shit I can't align the motherboard to the things that I'll screw.
>>
http://www.homepcbuilder.com/
>>
>>51298500
>>51299122
>Types of Screws

Inside the case you’ll find a bag of screws. You can use the parts container to separate the different sizes and types of screws to make finding them later a little easier.

There are two basic types of screws: screws with little threads and screws with big threads. The screws with little threads are used on DVD and Blu-ray drives. The screws with big threads are used on the motherboard, hard drives and add-on cards. There are exceptions, but the general rule is if a screw doesn’t fit in a hole, try the other kind of screw.
>>
>>51298422
He means the io shield, look at the picture
>>
>>51298811
Change standoff positions?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.