[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so fucking tired of this generation of browsers. They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: fuckthisgen.jpg (81 KB, 508x132) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisgen.jpg
81 KB, 508x132
I'm so fucking tired of this generation of browsers. They're all shit.

Best browser that came out of the tests for me is Cyberfox, up to date unbloated x64 FF fork.
But FF is so fucking slow and borky.
What is /g/ using?
>inb4 all kinds of shitty non compatible loonix browsers (midori, icecat and that crap)

fuck chrome/chromium botnet
fuck slow firefox and its forks and its crashing flash
fuck opera, where is my fucking homebutton?-botnet.exe
fuck the russian vivaldi and yandex botnets
tried the chinese browsers, but its all ads and bloatshit

WHAT TO USE
>>
File: Laughing.jpg (2 KB, 125x59) Image search: [Google]
Laughing.jpg
2 KB, 125x59
>This generation
>Internet Explorer
>>
Just use Chrome man. You're not a terrorist, right?
>>
>>51297561
you know, the fucking problem is, when i have a site that refuses to load or anything, it just werks in IE.
why?

also bump
>>
Chromium, just dont log in with your google account and you are fine.
>>
>>51297603
Chromium has shitty codecs or whatever. Some html5 video streams don't work. Use chrome
>>
>>51297589
Because the URLs probably all end in .aspx.
>>
>>51297603
no you're not, its a literal botnet nigga, chromium is owned by jewgle too
and literally connects straightly to google servers
>>51297618
>willingly using googles shit

i thought i was on /g/?
>>
>>51297550
Try Edge, it's unbloated and the fastest out of all the browsers you've listed.
>>
>>51297677
>unloated
>windows 10 browser
>NSA OS edition

really anon?
>>
>>51297550
which of those browsers are botnet free?
>>
Pale Moon seems to be rocking pretty fucking hard for me. It gets good modern updates too. I just wish there were more people working on it. I never get any lag though, fucking ever. Always solid 120 fps triple buffered vsync.
>>
>>51297688
Outdated
>>
>>51297641
>i thought i was on /g/?
Not everyone on /g/ is retarded.
>>
>>51297721
allright, i'm waiting for these anons to jojn the thread and i want the chrome tards and jewgle shills to leave
>>
Otter browser, slimboat/slimjet, qupzilla

>>51297721
Fukin kek
>>
>>51297739
>i want the chrome tards and jewgle shills to leave

>"Shit, I have no proper argument!"
>Let's pull the shill card!
Alrighty
>>
>>51297688
It would be my go to browser if it had better support for extensions.
>>
>>51297685
So, am I correct in assuming that you ran your gentoo installation with the -deblob use flag? Because if not, boy howdy do I have some news for you. Am I also correct in assuming you have a hard-drive manufactured before the year 2003? Because if not, boy howdy do I have some news for you. Am I also correct in assuming you have all free opensource hardware, with managable and open firmware options? Because if not, boy howdy do I have some news for you.

If you are using a computer that actually runs fine and does what you want it do when you ask, if you don't waste weeks installing on OS that lets you customize every little aspect of the source code, you ARE being tracked by the NSA. There's no getting around that. But, for every OS there is always ways to at least get rid of tracking by corperations. Windows 10 can be debloated, and secured for privacy against corperations. Only a very hard to obtain, expensive, and extremely difficult to maintain system won't have the NSA.
>>
>>51297783
>Windows 10 can be debloated, and secured for privacy against corperations.

I thought it still sent a fuck load of data even if you "debloat" it?
>>
>>51297809
you simply can't anon, don't let this delusional fag make you think otherwise, its all part of the OS. Its like saying you take the wheels of a bike, and say it still rides fine
>>
I've been giving Midori a trial run the last two days. It's okay. Nice and fast, everything seems to work on the sites I use. My only complaint is the speed dial is broken (sometimes adding a link crashes it and the thumbnails are stretched). Well, I don't particularly like the bookmarks either, but I can live with it.

Anyone else using it? What do you think?
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 548x172) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12 KB, 548x172
>>51297677

this guy might be right.

microsoft edge uses less ram than fucking midori

cyberfox seems to be bloatware
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.