[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest disappointment of the year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Why is it restricted to this one design?
Does it have to be so tiny and use a CLC?

Was gonna buy two of them before they were released
>>
>>51293565
CLC seems to be incredible at cooling GPU compared to CPU.

But HBM/4GB is obsolete anyway.

Just wait for HBM2 but Nvidia will probably be the first to release the next generation GPU.
>>
>tfw $2000 Computer to browse 4chan
>>
>>51293594
Would the card not benefit in any way if they didn't restrict themselves to a small form factor? Is it mandatory to be this size due to hbm?
>>
File: AMD_ASUS_Sapphire_R9_Fury.jpg (85 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
AMD_ASUS_Sapphire_R9_Fury.jpg
85 KB, 1000x563
>>51293565
There's a non-CLC version too ya dingus
>>
>>51293565
This. The Fury's good, and if you're lucky you can get a converted Fury X that handily gets a 10-15% overclock for the same performance as stock Fury X. There are some with the CUs unlockable, too.

But it would be much simpler and nicer just to have an air cooled Fury X. The Tri-X cooler on the Fury is fantastic, the fans basically never turn on, so that would be brilliant with a full Fury X.

AMD going AIO only on the Fury X is stupid. They're struggling for GPU market share, and there's a ton of enthusiasts who want the highest end GPU but don't want a whiny pump on 24/7 and would rather have the silence at idle of an air cooler with the fans off.
>>
>>51293685
I got two r9 290's, I think I'll just wait for next year
>>
>>51293565

Wouldn't this be quite quiet?

I have a 760 that sounds like a fucking jet engine even when idle and is the only part in my build that makes noise.

Would like to replace it, but no one really reviews cards for noise.
>>
>>51293829
Water coolers are generally quieter than air at load but louder than idle because the pump is always running. Both of the Fury airs have fans that turn off at idle.

If you're looking at other Furys, here's a noise comparison:
https://youtu.be/PEGJoE1Pswg
>>
>>51293565
The ONLY issue is the 4GB VRAM. Nobody knows how shoddy optimization will affect it in the future when the raw power of theGPU in theory still will be enough.
>>
>>51293982
Do you own a Fury X? Because so far at 1440p, I'm yet to surpass 1.7GB HBM. Not quite sure where this issue is. Even at 4K you won't be using all 4GB.

>>51293623
>Not being aloud to browse 4chan when you own a $2000+ PC.
>>
>>51293594
Nvidia shill detected, enjoy your shekels.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.