[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LG G4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: lg-g4-leak-6.jpg (166 KB, 1456x1200) Image search: [Google]
lg-g4-leak-6.jpg
166 KB, 1456x1200
This phone is literally perfect but the software is dogshit. I upgraded from a Nexus 5 and I can't go back. Dat display, dat camera, dat microSD, etc.

Why can't manufacturers have a vanilla Android option for their phones?

You know, one that's actually stable and usable and not some Indian XDA shit.
>>
>>51288853
I would imagine they get paid to bundle shit onto the OS, the real money to be made in this day and age is data mining so I'd imagine there's some of that on everything.

We should at least be able to get rid of the apps we don't fucking want considering they get bundled with permissions we can't decline.
>>
because then they couldn't monitor you as well
>>
>>51288853
>This phone is literally perfect but the software is dogshit.
100% why I am considering Moto X Pure and the Nexus 6P instead. If it didn't come pre-loaded with bullshit I would buy one today.
>>
>>51288853

idk man that back-facing speaker is pretty shitty....
>>
>literally perfect

Stopped reading
>>
>>51288853
>This phone is literally perfect

No, but it is the best phone by far available right now IF you have the international/EMEA version with an unlocked bootloader because you can just flash stock android or w/e ROM you want on it.

If you bought a locked down G4, then well, you're an idiot sucker that learned the hard way. Return it if you can or toss it and buy the H815 or a G3.

That said, its only the best because every other phone is dogshit iPhone clones right now like the Nexus 5X/6P with no mSD card, no removable battery, huge bezel gimmicky shit.
>>
>>51289493
>No, but it is the best phone by far available right now IF you have the international/EMEA version with an unlocked bootloader because you can just flash stock android or w/e ROM you want on it.
Is it stable?
>>
>>51288853
This phone is amazing but I'm having the hardest time deciding whether to go with it or the note 5. I appreciate the removable battery and micro SD card slot but I probably won't use them. The Black leather back and ergonomic of the phone get me but the soc worries me if it will keep up for 2 years.
>>
>>51289727

Is what stable? There are plenty of ROMs stabler than the stock build. Or you can get the latest version. Up to you.
>>
>>51289815
Go for the g4. Phones with amoled display do not last long because of burn-in, neither do phones with no removable battery.
>>
Should I get a g4 now or wait 6 months for the LG V10 to be released here? Please help
>>
>>51290245
Both of those statements are retarded.

AMOLED displays are fine unless you leave it on 100% brightness for hours on end like a display unit, which is why display unit AMOLED screens look so shitty after a few months. However, under normal use the past 2-3 generations of samsung AMOLED displays have been fine for burn in, and the latest generation is even better. Burn in hasn't been a major issue for several years, yes it can happen if you're careless and leave your display on overnight at 100% brightness, but barring that, you'll be fine.

Also, on the battery front, its a non-removable battery in the note5, but that doesn't mean you can't replace the battery when it starts to lose its charge. It just takes 20 minutes with some tools instead of 30-60 seconds like on the G4. Sure it's a pain in the ass in comparison, but it's not like you can't replace the battery like you're implying.
>>
>>51288853
Thinking about picking up an old N5 for christmas, is it still a good phone in 2015-16?
>>
>>51290282
No 128GB version is a massive flaw of the note 5 though, since I'm a heavy user. 32/64GB is too limited.

How is the bloat? Can you easily root it and get rid of it? Can you get rid of touchwiz with root?

The 6P seems like a much better choice.
>>
>>51290257
After trying V10 and G4 in the hands, I preferred the G4, V10 has some newer features that you might like, the fingerprint scanner for example.
>>
>>51290553
What did you prefer about the G4?

The main thing that attracts me about the v10 is its ESS Sabre DAC and hifi audio. Otherwise I wouldn't care about spending 200 extra dollars on it. .
>>
>>51290601
The feel of the G4, the V10 is quite a large phone, not a problem for many. I'm not a fan of the additional display at the top of the screen and I don't like how the back feels compared to the leather G4, it's gripper however.

G4's DAC is perfect but it suffers from high output impedance on the headphone output so balanced armature earphones won't sound great on it.
>>
I'm posting from a G4 right now.

Buying this phone is the worst decision I've made in the past year. It's slow and the touch screen doesn't register taps half of the time. Google it, a lot of people have had this problem. The touch screen is so fucked that I rage and just give up writing a text or post at least once a day because it will take 5 taps for it to register me pressing a letter. Also, opening the recent apps page is SLOW AS FUCK. Takes nearly a full second even with only a couple apps open. Even though it doesnt have an 810, this thing gets really fucking hot. Hot enough where it is uncomfortable to keep in your pocket. The only good things are the camera and screen and sd card slot. I've had it for a month and couldn't take it anymore.

Nexus 6P comes in the mail tomorrow and then I'm selling this shit to some poor fucker on Craigslist.
>>
>>51290492
Im not suggesting any specific device, note5/LGG4/V10/Nexus 6p, all are fine phones.

I'm just correcting him about AMOLED and the non-removable battery issue.

All of the phones have their faults and non are perfect, you should get the one that fits your specific use and needs the most.
>>
>>51290691
Luck of the draw. There are always shitty units for every smartphone, thankfully my G4 has none of the issues you mentioned.

I had it get hot on me recording video for a very long time once, can't ever remember it overheating or anything like that. It does not throttle also.
>>
>>51288853
I'm so fucking close to pulling a trigger on the G4, but the lack of any activity on XDA is stopping me.

When will it get some damn ROMs? The G3 has a fuckload to choose from, lots of kernels too.
>>
>>51290740
The only time it gets really hot is when listening to music. It probably wouldn't get so hot if i wasn't keeping it in my pocket, but it still shouldn't produce so much heat just from listening to music.

About the touch screen, I do understand I just got shitty luck, and OP probably wouldn't have the same experience as me, but everyone should be aware that the risk exists.
>>
>>51290745
If you want to run custom software on your phone, don't bother with a G4. Unless the SD card slot is 100% essential, just get the 6P and you will have nearly unlimited options.
>>
>>51290776
>The only time it gets really hot is when listening to music.
How? I don't even understand how that is possible since there is low CPU usage. Not to mention the screen is off too.

I listen to music with mine in my pocket all the time as well and does not happen to me.
>>
>>51290794
6P out of my price range.
>>
>>51288853
The only reason that i keep my g3 is because of "tap to unlock"
>>
>>51290801
Oh wow, I did not realize the the G4 had dropped in price so much since I bought mine. Three months ago I paid more for my G4 than what the 6P costs now.
>>
File: plusblue.png (234 KB, 572x572) Image search: [Google]
plusblue.png
234 KB, 572x572
>>51288853
LG G4 has an official Cyanogenmod 12.1 build
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/H815_Info
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/H811_Info
>>
>>51290933
>AOSP

kek, not even once.
>>
>>51290933

No stable builds ;_;
>>
>>51290961
Stable is for pussies.
>>
>at best buy
>see G4 on display
>decide to see how it feels
>actually feels hot
>it's not even doing anything intensive, it's just been on display for some hours playing some slideshow
No.
>>
>>51289493
Or the T-Mobile H811.
>>
Lgs UI is one of my favorites because I don't feel the need to download or modify stuff to improve it.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (7 KB, 235x204) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
7 KB, 235x204
>>51291579
gr8 b8 m8
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.