[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pirate Windows 7 or Windows 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Pirate.jpg (66 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Pirate.jpg
66 KB, 1200x800
So I'm in the market for a new PC. Obviously I'm going to need an OS to run this thing, and frankly I don't feel like forking over an extra $100 for software I can otherwise get for free. I'm in a bit of a dilemma though. I hear that DX12 is going to be a Windows 10 exclusive, but I also hear that Win 10 has a lot of privacy breaches and such, and since I'm going to be pirating a lot of my software (shamelessly, I might add) I'm not sure if this is the best option.
Should I set my build up for Win 10 or go with the safer Win 7? How do I deal with these privacy breaches, if I can?

And just for reference, here's my current build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/83hPCJ
Feel free to give me tips on anything else you see here.

Thanks
>>
>>51288644
>w10
>not free
welcome,my bait
>>
>>51288644
>6600k
>not 6700k
>>
>>51288657
It's not free in a sense that you have to have a preceding OS--win 7 or win 8/8.1--to upgrade from.
>>
Thanks a lot guys. I can see why this board is the absolute pinnacle of tech help.
>>
>>51288724
>>51288644
Install gentoo
>>
>>51288724
This isn't tech support the board nigger.
>>
>>51288644
Arguably 7.
>>
>>51289222
Arguably how?
>>
>>51288644
Why not just pirate both and try them both. It's not like you're paying for them
>>
>>51289406
Because I'm lazy and I'd rather other people do the work for me.
>>
>>51289336
Windows 7 doesn't have botnet built in. Windows 10 is still a buggy piece of shit, nvidia drivers for Windows 10 are unstable as hell.
Peerblock is mandatory on Windows 10, every time you type once you have the Microsoft list it will block dosens of attempts to contact ms servers.
>>
>>51289737
This. Listen to this wise anon's words, OP.
>>
>>51288644
Fucking 7. Upgrading was the worst tech decision of my life. Do not be a faggot op, and listen to these wise men and go with 7, or at the very least 8.1
>>
>>51289737
>>51289807
>>51290012
DX12 tho ;-;
>>
>>51288724
What you're asking for is something that should be discussed face to face. Try going to your local best buy or anywhere with sleazy text monkeys. More than likely you'll find us there ready to help you.
>>
Just install Gentoo GNU/Linux instead.
>>
>>51288724
>I'm a stupid, entitled cunt who didn't read the sticky.

Wew lad
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.