[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mpv/ - opinions and feature requests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11
File: default_icon_512x512.png (1 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
default_icon_512x512.png
1 MB, 512x512
> Profiles with nnedi3, super-xbr, adaptive-sharpen and more.
- https://github.com/bjin/dotfiles/blob/master/.mpv/config

> Direct download links for latest windows release.
- http://mpv.srsfckn.biz/mpv-i686-latest.7z
- http://mpv.srsfckn.biz/mpv-x86_64-latest.7z
>>
I think it needs better and easier profile api like on madvr or mpdn.
We can use the lua scripting but it's too difficult for normal users.

The developers should improve anti ringing a lot or create better upscaling algorithms.
I have got too much ringing artefacts and aliasing compared to madvr.

A multiplatform way to change display refresh rate should be included in core.
There are some lua script but it's too important and it should be in core.

Except these little things, mpv is just awesome.
>>
Nnedi3 runs fucking well on my new windows 10 installation.
It's finally acceptable to watch live youtube videos.
>>
Retarded keyboard shortcuts and useless osd that just gets in the way.

I keep using mplayer thank you.
>>
>>51288408
>deprecated software
>>
>>51288459

Plays everything i throw at it just fine.
>>
>>51288114
Is there any plan to implement caching logic in display-sync?
>>
>>51288408
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/mplayer-input.conf
turn the osd off
>>
>>51288114
So what is this player I see people posting some hax codes and shit in its threads

does it work like plug and play like mpc hc with mad vr
>>
>>51288502
madVR has never been plug and play
>>
>update mpv
>can't play 60fps videos
10/10 player.
>>
>>51288516
>use alpha software compiled from git
>wonder why shit breaks
>>
>>51288502
>mad vr
>PnP
Maybe with those shitty codec packs, but madVR ain't PnP, nigger.
>>
>>51288527
I'm using latest git master, everything works fine so i have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>51288527
>alpha
I was using 0.12.0. Reverted to 0.11.0.
>>
>>51288541
You probably have problems with 60 FPS videos due to FFMpeg
>https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/releases/tag/v0.13.0
>>
>>51288554
It was a local video.
>>
What is that vo that outputs the video with ASCII?
>>
>>51288612
caca
Never got it to work on laschors compiles though
>>
>>51288612
caca
>>
>>51288690
>>51288692
>[vo] Video output caca not found!
>Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

They removed it?
>>
How can I make sure mpv is reading mpv.conf and outputs the main settings so to speak?
>>
>>51288709
You can compile it in yourself if you're feeling adventurous
>>
>>51288408
--no-osc

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/mplayer-input.conf
>>
>>51289068
Blown...
The...
Fuck...
Out...
>>
>>51288709
You have to enable it at compile time.
>>
>>51288940
run it with

--log-file=<path>

after you exit it should write a detailed log and you can see there what settings it uses
>>
>>51289375
I found out before. What's the proper way to use deband.glsl nowadays? source-shader has been deprecated.
>>
>>51289410
Integrated in the renderer, just use the option deband in your vo
>>
vo=opengl:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczos:dscale=mitchell:tscale=oversample:scaler-resizes-only:tscale-clamp:dither-depth=8:deband:temporal-dither:swapinterval=1:correct-downscaling:sigmoid-upscaling:pbo:interpolation:prescale-passes=2:prescale-downscaling-threshold=1.6:prescale=superxbr:post-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen-pass1.glsl,~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen-pass2.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=no
framedrop=no
vd-lvcd-threads=4

Anything to be done here?
>>
>>51289452
target-* or icc-profile
>>
>>51289514
Don't know either. It's an ASUS monitor and the documentation doesn't say shit either.
>>
>>51288114
How much of a difference does the config make? Will it look remarkably different or just a little better?

What settings from that list should I use for watching anime?
>>
>>51289533
If it has a sRGB mode you can set it and set the same in target-*
Or you can look around the internet for a ICC profile
>>
>>51289452
if your monitor supports 50hz or 75hz switch to that and remove interpolation, keep display-resample
>>
I stopped updating a while ago before the 07-30 Windows build because I really fucking love mashing the screenshot key, but
>build: use mozjpeg instead of libjpeg-turbo
this change made my cute little toaster hang for a bit whenever I tried to take a screenshot, something that didn't happen in the previous versions. Is there any way I can make my mpv go back to that libjpeg thing without staying on this outdated version?
>>
>>51288114
neogaf here, what back-end does this use?

Unrelated, whats the best tool on windows to encode h264?
>>
>>51289586
>what back-end
This is the backend, if you mean the decoder then it uses ffmpeg or libav.

>whats the best tool on windows to encode h264?
x264
>>
>>51289570
You can build mpv using libjpeg-turbo instead of mozjpeg, mozjpeg is a drop in replacement for libjpeg-turbo so it's probably matter of just changing a line in the build config
I would keep mozjpeg though, the compression improvements are worth it
>>
>>51289440
horse fucker
>>
>>51289607
thanks dude, you are awesome
>>
>>51289642
I don't know what you're talking about anon, that's just a bunch of funny colored symbols.
>>
Is baka mplayer or bomi still worth trying? What about using smplayer as ampv frontend. Will be using this on Xubuntu.
>>
GUI with tooltip explaining what the fug is it for for configurations
>>
>>51290727
IIRC some /g/ anon made that
>>
I use MPV, but i have never used the configuration file.

I don't understand all of the options, and what they do. Even when reading the man.

Is there a standard config out there that i could use as a base to work on?
>>
>>51291237
check the op
>>
File: 1434365725834.png (767 KB, 619x797) Image search: [Google]
1434365725834.png
767 KB, 619x797
>mfw just discovered what drc does
My life will never be the same.
Every day I'm using mpv I'm discovering new ways to make my autism flourish and every day I'm getting closer from the most perfect video playing setup.
>>
>>51291771
>killing your dynamic range
ayy lmao
You can also use libav's filters, such as a parametric equalizer, along a lot of other stuff
>>
>>51291777
A dynamic range isn't worth shit if the stuff I'm watching was mixed by retards or if I don't want to wake my whole neighborhood up every time I'm watching a war movie.
>>
>>51288114
>nnedi3, super-xbr, adaptive-sharpen
and those are what? any advantages over each other or just placebo in general?
>>
>>51291826
First two are image doublers, last one is a sharpener
>>
>>51291836
any test images to look at?
>>
>>51291771
drc is shit.
>>
>>51291913
run them yourself and take screenshots, that way you can see the results on things you actually watch
>>
>>51292192
I don't want to upgrade yet because of the dash thing mentioned in the release notes, and I'd like to continue using my old youtube-dl config
>>
I am running two monitors, one (primary) at 120Hz, the seconday at 60Hz.

I usually watch all videos on the second monitor so I have
display-fps=60

set

However, sometimes I drag mpv over to the main monitor. When I do that it becomes unwatchable with tears and the video leaping forward then stopping to resync itself and going through the motions again.

Is there a way to set these values per monitor?
>>
>>51292265
>Is there a way to set these values per monitor?
You can use profiles, you would still need to restart mpv everytime you change monitors though
>However, sometimes I drag mpv over to the main monitor. When I do that it becomes unwatchable with tears and the video leaping forward then stopping to resync itself and going through the motions again.
This probably won't happen if you disable
>>
>>51292279
>You can use profiles, you would still need to restart mpv everytime you change monitors though

eh, that is kind of annoying

>This probably won't happen if you disable

That's my workaround for now
>>
>>51292245
well, the closest thing you'll get is the upscaling page on the mpv github wiki, and they haven't updated the images yet to include the new stuff
>>
I recently switched from mpc-hc to MPV
And the one thing I'm missing from mpc
Pressing 'B' pauses the video and minimise it
Is there a way to do this on mpv ?
>>
>>51292265
I'm curious why you prefer the 60hz monitor? Isn't 120hz better for watching?
>>
>>51292310
alt+space+N on windows in windowed mode
>>
>>51292299
He can find examples over at the doom9 threads, in the madVR thread
>>
>>51292320

I don't have a TV an use the 60Hz for movies / series. It is setup for comfortable viewing from the couch whereas the 120Hz is for work / vidya. Also, the 120Hz is TN and while it has nice colours when looked at from a straight angle, from the sides, it does not look as good.
>>
Recently mpv hasn't been able to grab a video stream from youtube, I'm not sure if it's a problem with MPV, youtube-dl, ffmpeg or something else, but streaming from url does work with other sites.
I'm on x64 Arch, everything is up to date.
Has anyone experienced something similar?

This is the output if I just let it try for a while
[ffmpeg] tls: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.
[ffmpeg] Seek failed
[ffmpeg] Seek failed
[ffmpeg] Seek failed
[ffmpeg/demuxer] mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2: Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: h264 (avc1 / 0x31637661), none, 1280x720, 1455 kb/s): unspecified pixel format
[ffmpeg/demuxer] Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[lavf] av_find_stream_info() failed
Failed to recognize file format.

Exiting... (Quit)
>>
>>51292363
I see, I thought you had them next to each other, cheers
>>
File: ewa_lanczos.png (195 KB, 560x368) Image search: [Google]
ewa_lanczos.png
195 KB, 560x368
>>51291913
scale=ewa_lanczos
>>
File: superxbr.png (206 KB, 560x368) Image search: [Google]
superxbr.png
206 KB, 560x368
>>51291913
>>51292589
prescale=superxbr:scale=ewa_lanczos
>>
> What’s the best media playback engine in the world? After careful consideration, we chose mpv to power the Plex Media Player. A massively popular open source project with great community support, mpv effortlessly handles any media you throw its way and looks great doing it. It’s lean, incredibly fast, and very actively developed. We know the ones and zeros are only part of the story, though, so we reached out to @wm4, the primary contributor to the project (and incredibly talented individual), and promptly hired him full-time. He’s played an essential role in continuing to make mpv awesomer (it’s a word) while ensuring that it works even better within Plex Media Player.

https://blog.plex.tv/2015/10/20/introducing-the-plex-media-player/

>I recently talked to the lead developer, Elan Feingold, to get a better understand of what Plex is, what it does, and where it’s going. Needless to say, if you’re running Mac OS X, you ought to give it a shot. It’s good.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/15/interview-we-talk-to-the-lead-developer-of-plex-media-center-for-mac-os-x-it-was-doing-boxee-like-stuff-before-boxee-was-cool/

So now that Plex, a botnet company run by a Jew named Elan Feingold, has hired wm4 and made him their bitchslave and botnet implementer, what do we use now that mpv is officially a botnet?
>>
File: nnedi3.png (196 KB, 560x368) Image search: [Google]
nnedi3.png
196 KB, 560x368
>>51291913
>>51292589
>>51292595
prescale=nnedi3:scale=ewa_lanczos
>>
>>51292598
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/campaigns/redhat/
>It’s the partnership you’ve been waiting for. Get ready to run your Red Hat solutions on Microsoft Azure.

So now that Microsoft, a botnet company has hired Red hat which is one of the biggest contributers to Linux, what do we use now that Linux is officially a botnet?

Oh wait, nothing of that sort happens because it has been happening since years. Fuck off, Rajeesh.
>>
>>51291572
I'm trying it out. However i seem to be getting some errors about files not existing.

[file] Cannot open file '~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen-pass1.glsl': No such file or directory

Where should i get them from?
>>
>>51292827

Just google it, it is the first result..

Jesus Christ, /g/
>>
I want to stop using mpv and start using Plex Media Player when they roll it out.
>>
>>51292996
>not already using the Plex Pass preview
Bad goy.
>>
>>51292827
OP config is overkill. Try something simple first

#scaling settings
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczos:scale-antiring=1.0:cscale=ewa_lanczos:cscale-antiring=1.0:dscale=mitchell:interpolation:tscale=mitchell:tscale-clamp

#refesh rate sync

#print subtitles faster during seeking
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll

#srt subtitle settings
sub-text-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
sub-text-color="#FFFFFFFF"
sub-text-shadow-offset=1
sub-text-shadow-color="#33000000"
>>
File: unknown.gif (460 KB, 492x497) Image search: [Google]
unknown.gif
460 KB, 492x497
I have T420 what are decent config for it?
vo=opengl-hq
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll
framedrop=no
cache=76800
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes

What other stuff I can add/change to make it better?
>>
>>51293017
>

What does this do exactly?
Also is there a way to 'burn' the subs ?
>>
>open a few videos in Windows
>stop watching shit and try to get work done
>computer is slow for some reason
>see processes
>10 instances of mpv that won't shut down
Why the fuck is this player so fucking retarded?
It's fast as fuck and the forwarding/backwarding in vids is without any lag, but this process shit is starting to get on my asshair.
>>
>>51293203
That would be an interesting issue to debug, actually. How are you starting mpv? Are the processes spinning CPU or just hanging around? What do you mean by 'won't shut down?' Can you kill the processes?

I'm already ready to blame the OpenGL driver. IIRC there was a similar issue on Linux with Nvidia. The first thing to test would be if it happens with --vo=direct3d
>>
>>51293277
The processes hang around. I can end the processes manually, but if i don't do that they just keep running in the background. The CPU does show a workload of around 40% and RAM is of course constantly allocated.

It doesn't matter how i start the vids, whether dropping them, or clicking multiple webm files from a folder that are set to be run by mpv by default [one of the main reasons i got mpv in the first place in addition to youtube streaming]. The process will keep running after the player is closed.
If the player is closed and started again, another process will be stacked upon the previous one. If the videos are dropped into the current instance of the player, processes won't add. I think process stacking also works when clicking multiple files from a folder that are set to be opened by mpv by default, because it opens them in a new window every click instead of using the one current instance of the player.
>>
>>51293330
Thanks. Does it happen when mpv is started from a command prompt? If so, a log of
mpv <video file> -v
would be great. Does it happen with
vo=direct3d
in your config (AppData\Roaming\mpv\mpv.conf)? If it doesn't, I guess that's an easy fix, though you won't be able to use placebo video scalers. What's your Windows version and GPU vendor?
>>
So, I had a problem with the latest compiled windows build. Whenever I would stream 60fps content from twitch/youtube, it would drop frames like a motherfucker. Local files still worked fine. Thankfully, I found this https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md and compiled the latest commit at the time from github. Now, it works like a dream again. Also, is interpolation broken for anyone else? On Linux it just werks, but on Windows it doesn't work most of the time.
>>
>>51293195
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-video-sync

e.g. if your display is 50/75hz 24fps movies get sped up to 25fps

>blah subs
vf=sub in config
>>
>>51293369
read the thread this is like the 3rd time it's been asked now
>>
>>51293369
Read release notes
>NOTE: The previous release changed the default format for youtube-dl and
removed some workarounds related to MPEG DASH support. However, the required
changes to FFmpeg code (FFmpeg/FFmpeg@4ab5666)
are not in any FFmpeg release yet (as of 2015-11-10), so for now, playing DASH
streams requires using FFmpeg git master. You can work around this by using the
--ytdl-format=best option.

>Also, is interpolation broken for anyone else? On Linux it just werks, but on Windows it doesn't work most of the time.
Try putting in your config
>>
>>51293369
That could be because lachs0r's builds use git FFmpeg, which includes DASH support. Apart from that, the builds should be the same. Git master is the same as 0.13.0, which is the same as lachs0r's latest build. The release branch was forked ~17 hours ago.

Though it's weird that you're having problems with FFmpeg-git and FFmpeg stable (included in MSYS2) is fine. For most people it's the other way around, and FFmpeg-git actually fixes DASH playback.

As for interpolation, it _should_ be working better now with git master/0.13.0. Make sure you have
in your config. If you have a multi-monitor system and you use your primary monitor to play videos, set
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:dwmflush=windowed
too.
>>
I'm getting tearing on the latest Windows build from the biz site.

I'm using vo=opengl on an AMD APU laptop.
>>
>>51293360
I have seen quite a few people having the exact same problem who also run Windows, i think it's a common problem. It would be a good idea to make a poll.
I'm using Windows 7 and GeForce 9600 GT.
I'm not tech savy at all as far as programming goes so you are going to have to just tell me what to type where to give you log feedback if it's of any help.
>>
>>51293472
In fullscreen mode? Try
vo=opengl:dwmflush=windowed
>>
>>51293490
Yeah, fullscreen mode has 2 tears when I'm using software rendering and 1 tear on the same scene when using dxva2-copy.

Your setting worked but what the fuck, that shouldn't happen by default.
>>
>>51293478
Should be easy enough. Thanks for the help. Open a Command Prompt. Type the following and hit enter:
"C:\path\to\mpv.com" "C:\path\to\a\video.mkv" --log-file="C:\Temp\log.txt"

An easy way to get those full paths instead of typing them out is to drag the files onto the Command Prompt.

When the mpv window pops up, just close it immediately and kill it from the task manager if necessary. Afterwards, you should have a log file in C:\Temp\log.txt. If you don't have a programming text editor installed, open it in your browser or WordPad (Notepad is broken.) Sanitize it if necessary (by removing your username) and post to Pastebin or similar.

Afterwards, create the folder C:\<your name>\AppData\mpv, make a text file in it with the contents
vo=direct3d
(use Notepad this time,) rename the text file to mpv.conf (no .txt extension) and try it again. Hopefully this fixes your problem. A good 90% of Windows mpv issues are due to OpenGL and switching to Direct3D fixes it.
>>
>>51293381
Don't do that. Use blend-subtitles=video
>>
>>51293583
Wait fuck. I mean C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\mpv for that last part.
>>
>>51293533
Yeah, it's fucked. Do you have multiple monitors attached at the moment? There's a new heuristic for choosing the vsync method and it's broken for this case.
>>
>>51293533
dwmflush=yes become a default setting in this release so that's related to that. Guys having problems should give feedback in bug tracker or IRC.
>>
>>51293618
*dwmflush=auto
>>
>>51293614
>Do you have multiple monitors attached at the moment?

No. Just my laptop screen.
>>
>>51293641
That's concerning, I guess it's a slightly different bug then. Which Windows version are you running?
>>
>>51293626
>>*dwmflush=auto

That setting produces 1 tear line.

dwmflush=windowed is the only setting that gets rid of the tearing, windowed or fullscreen, on the same scene.
>>
>>51293649
>Which Windows version are you running?

10. Running an AMD A10 laptop with latest drivers.

dwmflush=windowed worked to stop it.
>>
>>51293663
Yeah dwmflush should probably dropped from default config.
>>
Can anyone tell me how I can get the best image on Windows? I'm reading through the manual and all the commands but much of it don't make sense to me.
>>
>>51293749
Oh and I also have an ICC profile FWIW.
>>
>>51293583
>>51293599
The first thing:
http://pastebin.com/p8Tyiiai

As far as the 2nd thing goes, about the direct3d thing, after doing everything, mpv won't load after i click it. Shows a window for a fraction of a second and instantly closes it.
>>
>>51292595
Hilariously bad
>>
>>51293589
>blend-subtitles=video
What's the difference?
>>
>>51293749
Seconding this. I have a strong computer but know jack shit about mpv and configuring it. I just want the highest quality video I can get.
>>
>>51293785
Agreed, superxbr is bullshit.
>>
>>51293671
Thanks
>>51293678
The heuristic needs to be improved. Basically, swap_control has been broken on Windows since Vista. It drops and duplicates frames when the DWM is running due to a race condition that has not been fixed because MS and driver vendors don't care. It only works well when the DWM is disabled (in Vista and 7) or in fullscreen exclusive mode. To fix this issue, it's better to set the swap interval to 0 in windowed mode and to use DwmFlush to wait for each frame to be flipped to the screen, but the real problem is that this DwmFlush method will tear in exclusive mode and there's no way to tell whether a program is using OpenGL exclusive mode or not. Programs rarely (never?) enter exclusive mode when fullscreened on secondary monitors, and sometimes won't even enter exclusive mode on the primary monitor, so mpv has to guess.

dwmflush=windowed uses DwmFlush in windowed mode and swap_control in fullscreen, but that will cause dropped frames on secondary monitors. dwmflush=auto checks the return value of a DWM function to try to see if it's running. That works great on single-monitor Windows 8.1 systems, but apparently fails on others, causing tearing when in fullscreen on the primary monitor.
>>
>>51293795
vf filters are slow and applied after color management, blend-subtitles will do it faster and before other post/color processing applied.
>>
>>51293795
vf=sub is an inefficient, undocumented fossil from the mplayer age, there's no reason to use it now.
>>
>>51293784
Thanks for the log. I don't think it will fix the problem, but it's worth mentioning that that's not the current version. There was a new build earlier today.

Also, it looks like mpv cut off the log at the end, so I can't really get what I wanted, sorry about that. Not sure what to do now.
>>
what is a good profile?
>>
>>51293749
>>51293798
>>51293918
Just like steal something from this thread. >>51293017 seems nice. Most other options are subjective or placebo.

>>51293762
Drop your ICC profile next to mpv.conf and add
:icc-profile=~~/your_filename.icc
to the end of your vo= line.
>>
Anything better than this?:
vo=opengl-hq:cscale=ewa_lanczos:tscale=oversample:tscale-clamp:scaler-resizes-only:temporal-dither:blend-subtitles:target-prim=bt.709:target-trc=bt.1886
>>
>>51293942
>>Most other options are subjective or placebo

Really? Even things such as debanding and whatnot? Since I have a pretty strong computer I would like to get the best image possible.
>>
>>51293952
It seems okay. I think you're missing :scale=ewa_lanczos. Maybe try scale-antiring/cscale-antiring?
>>
what is best version of videosync???
>>
>>51293969
Debanding should be on by default in opengl-hq. Looking at that config again, I might add
:temporal-dither:scaler-resizes-only:blend-subtitles
as well. For ICC profile users, you can try
:3dlut-size=256x256x256
for extra placebo.

If you really want to push your GPU, you can try
:prescale=nnedi3
. Tons of people like it, but I think it's kinda ugly.

>>51293990
>>
>>51293974
Alright, thanks. By the way is NNEDI3 usable?
>>
>>51294062
I hear it's almost unusably slow, but it should work.
>>
>>51293913
Ok then, i'll do logs with the current version of mpv.
2015-11-10 build - Windows builds by lachs0r
It has the same problem still.
=======
Log 1 without adding
vo=direct3d
:
http://pastebin.com/4KCgEzdr

Log 2 with adding
vo=direct3d
:
http://pastebin.com/erKUjJK6
=======

Addendum: Now that i added
vo=direct3d
to the conf with the new version of mpv,
it all of a sudden works.
The player plays and the process crap doesn't happen. It's fixed.

I wonder why the conf thing didn't work in the previous version which was October 29 or something, and didn't allow the player to start.
>>
>>51294057
Thanks man, I think this should be complete now, any opinions? I'll turn off NNEDI3 if it's too slow. BTW, do I need any special tweaks if I have a 120Hz monitor?

vo=opengl-hq:temporal-dither:scaler-resizes-only:blend-subtitles:prescale=nnedi3:scale=ewa_lanczos:scale-antiring=1.0:cscale=ewa_lanczos:cscale-antiring=1.0:dscale=mitchell:interpolation:tscale=mitchell:tscale-clamp::icc-profile=~~/PG278Q.icc:3dlut-size=256x256x256
>>
so err do you still need to dl youtube-dl or is it baked into mpv yet??
>>
>>51294099
I'd also like to ask for some questions/changes:
1. Middle click maxes and minimizes screen, double left click pauses/plays vid.
2. Will there be a settings menu with right click in the future, following the aforementioned? I believe all it requires is basic options in regards to subtitles like basic font and color changes and sync options; a setting for selecting whether the player repeats or not; and some basic window size/aspect ration shit.
Nothing else is needed.
Just these basic UI options for pleb users.
>>
>>51294099
>with the new version of mpv, it all of a sudden works.
Glad it works. It's definitely an OpenGL problem then. Make sure you're on the latest version of your graphics drivers.

Those logs are still cut off. If you still want to help, try this instead without vo=direct3d:
"C:\path\to\mpv.com" "C:\path\to\a\video.mkv" -v >"C:\Temp\log.txt"

If that doesn't give a full log, I'll probably give up, since it's fixed anyway by switching to direct3d.

>I wonder why the conf thing didn't work in the previous version which was October 29 or something, and didn't allow the player to start.
Actually, I remember why. vo=direct3d was totally broken in 0.12.0 by accident.
>>
>>51294141
>BTW, do I need any special tweaks if I have a 120Hz monitor?
It should be fine. mpv auto-detects the frame rate on all platforms now.
>>
>>51294159

When I open a Youtube link with mpv, task manager shows that youtube-dl.exe does something and then closes itself.
I think it is still necessary to find the video stream itself but then lets mpv handle the rest.
>>
>>51294159
youtube-dl will probably never be baked into mpv because it's a huge python script and it needs to be updated faster than mpv because changes to the websites always break it.
>>
>>51294232
Cool and thanks for the help. I assume these video settings are all I need? I.E, audio and subtitles are all handled automatically by mpv to the best extent?
>>
>>51294219
This gave a full log now:
http://pastebin.com/6npFt9df
Hope it helps.

Observe that the logs would only not complete, when using that default command,
when
vo=direct3d
wasn't present.
Now without
vo=direct3d
, yet with this new command, the log finishes, but the problem is present.
While with the presence of
vo=direct3d
, the log both finishes in any way and process shit is fixed.
>>
>>51294255
For subs, consider
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes

It breaks compatibility with some bad weeb subs in exchange for proper kerning.

I wouldn't worry about audio if it's working. Depending on your AO, you might be able to add
:exclusive
for bit-perfect output at the cost of muting other apps while mpv is open.
>>
>>51294322
>>Depending on your AO, you might be able to add :exclusive
for bit-perfect output at the cost of muting other apps while mpv is open.

Is this comparable to WASAPI in Foobar?
>>
>>51294349
Yep, --ao=wasapi:exclusive, should do the same thing.
>>
>>51294368
>ao=wasapi:exclusive
That's pretty cool. So mpv could theoretically substitute Foobar then?
>>
>>51294293
That should help identify the problem.
[vo/opengl/win32] uninit
is the last line mpv prints, so the hang almost certainly happens in Nvidia's OpenGL ICD. Probably not fixable unless it does turn out to indirectly be mpv's fault somehow. Thanks for the help.
>>
hey what the actual fuck does the cache do? does it help with youtube videos or something? should i set it high or low? like it's so fucking confusing.
>>
>>51294378
For playback, definitely. I still use foobar for its music library though.
>>
>>51294062
It works fine for DVD resolutions but for 720p+ and 30fps+ content it's shit as hell. You get the the best benefit for low res so it's ok.
>>
>>51294402
No prob. For the rest of Windows users who may have this problem yet don't know about inputting direct3d, would it be possible for a future version to make the conf file automatically in Windows, or at least make a bat file that does this with a notice of its availability in the download section like the youtube and file association thing?
Also, thanks for the help. Cheers.
>>
>>51294414
Then i'll definitely get rid of Foobar because I don't really need the library anyway. Thanks a bunch man for all the help.
>>
>>51294322
>It breaks compatibility with some bad weeb subs in exchange for proper kerning.
It almost always breaks karaoke in my experience.
>>
Kind of a noob question but I really need help with this. I have a 2560x1440 monitor and almost always watch my videos in a window. And as such I would like all of my videos to be centered and in a 1920x1080p window. How can I achieve this?
>>
>>51294218
>1. Middle click maxes and minimizes screen, double left click pauses/plays vid.
Make a input.conf file next to mpv.conf and add:
MOUSE_BTN0_DBL cycle pause
MOUSE_BTN1 cycle fullscreen

>2. Will there be a settings menu with right click in the future
Probably not in the mpv project itself. Some guy in this thread is making a configuration gui, but I don't have the link. Also, mpv allows other programs to wrap it and provide a GUI. Bomi and Baka MPlayer both use mpv as a backend. Plex Media Player is coming soon and it will do the same.
>>
>>51294448
I'll admit I skip most OPs. If it's really that bad, it might be better to leave it off.
>>
>>51293442
Sorry for the late reply. I just compiled mpv with git FFmpeg and streaming 60fps content works with no framedrops.
>>
>>51294474
I'm the same, this is almost copied right out of my config:
geometry=50%:50%
autofit=1920x1080

I use
autofit-larger
instead, so it shrinks large videos, but doesn't stretch small videos.
>>
>>51294516
Thank you a bunch!
>>
>>51294530
Why does interlaced video still exist in the year of Our Lord two thousand fifteen?
>>
>>51294435
I don't think the devs will make it default. They prefer to have everyone on opengl, even though it's slightly less compatible.
>>
>>51294496
Also, I forgot to mention that interpolation does indeed work better now with
enabled. Thanks a bunch for the help!
>>
>>51294413
Yeah, it's for caching network streams in case your network speeds are inconsistent. If you have it set really high, mpv will download the whole video in one go and just play it out of RAM. If you have it really low, it might stutter for some streams. I tend to set it high because I have shitty internet and tons of RAM.
>>
Hey guys, when choosing fonts for subtitles, should I use OTF or TTF on Windows?
>>
>>51294582
OTF I think. The good thing about libass is that it uses Freetype on all platforms, so you don't need to worry about Windows-specific font rendering bugs.
>>
>>51288114
>- https://github.com/bjin/dotfiles/blob/master/.mpv/config

What happened?
>>
>>51294597
Cool.
>>
>>51294496
So it doesn't work with the official builds, but it does work with FFmpeg git master compiled with MSYS2? That's odd.

Maybe some DASH issue was fixed really recently?
>>
>>51294600
bjin onii-san got embarrassed
>dame! don't look at my config baka anon
>>
>>51294674
But I was going to copy it to my home setup after I got back from work, but now it's gone ;_;

What do I do, senpai?
>>
>>51294568
It's great to hear this is working. Proper video sync on Windows has been a struggle for a while.
>>
>>51288114
>https://github.com/bjin/dotfiles/blob/master/.mpv/config
GIBSMEDAT
>>
what is the best option for blend-subtitles?
>>
>>51294718
blend-subtitles=yes

Screen-res subs are sex, but they should also be blended so signs work properly.
>>
>>51294759
And exactly where do I put it? In vo=opengl-hq?
>>
>>51294787
Yep

vo=opengl-hq:blend-subtitles
>>
>>51294802
Fucking neato.
>>
what type of pc build(or laptop preferably) should I look into if I want to beable use mpv with the fancy effects and quality greater than mpv hc + madvr?
>>
>>51294880
5960X and TitanX.
>>
What hwdec should I use?
Intel Core i5
>>
OP's config template is gone.

Can anyone post it?
>>
>>51294880
Outside comes a dual-core gpu tailored to you and renders your video in real time. Try that.
>>
How do I add mpv to path variables in Windows so I can use it anywhere in CMD without having to change directories?
>>
how to add custom .conf on windows? where put?
>>
>>51295386
%appdata%/mpv/mpv.conf
>>
>>51295356
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
>>
File: envinroment.png (37 KB, 1342x422) Image search: [Google]
envinroment.png
37 KB, 1342x422
>>51295356
>>
>>51295400
is it not %AppData%\Roaming\mpv anymore??
>>
>>51295422
>>51295410
Thanks, lifesavers you two.
>>
>>51295434
%appdata% takes you to AppData\Roaming. %localappdata% takes you to AppData\Local
>>
>>51295451
ahhhhh, i see. also how do i use fonts? do i install or do they drop in mpv folder??
>>
>>51295474
Just install the .ttf or whatever normally on your system. Read the manual to use it.
>>
Should I use Interpolation or is that a bad idea?
>>
>>51295589
it's not ideal compared to use a refresh rate that is a (near) multiple of the video frame rate, but it's better than nothing if that's not possible
>>
I think my mpv is fucked or something, how can I see the amount of FPS that is displayed by the video?
>>
>>51295589
It's a good idea if you have a 60 Hz monitor.
>>
>>51295610
Ok, see, my monitor is 120Hz, which is a clean multiple of both 60Hz and 30Hz. However the way I understand it is that almost all content is 24Hz or 23.976Hz. How are you supposed to get a clean multiple with the last two?
>>
>>51295617
most '60hz' monitors can do other refresh rates if you try them

all the '60hz' monitors i have can do 50/72Hz no problem
>>
>>51295637
Mine does 59.95 Hz at 1440p, and I can only get 50, 75, 72, and 24 Hz at 1080p, so I still use interpolation.

It could just be that Dell hates Linux though.
>>
>>51295633
for PAL content (25/50fps): 50Hz, 75Hz
for NTSC content (30/1.001fps and 60/1.001Hz, aka '29.97'/'59.94'fps): 60/1.001Hz, 120/1.001Hz
for film content (24/1.001 ('23.976') and 24fps): 24/1.001Hz, 24Hz (typically only tv's can do these), 48/1.001, 48, 72/1.001, 72 ...

this is what i use, modes i wrote myself;
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-monitor.conf

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "HDMI-0"
Modeline "1920x1080" 106.82 1920 1928 1952 1960 1080 1083 1087 1090 -HSync +VSync # 50Hz
Modeline "1920x1080" 132.48 1920 1928 2016 2024 1080 1083 1089 1092 -Hsync +Vsync # 60/1.001Hz
Modeline "1920x1080" 130.80 1920 1928 1992 2000 1080 1083 1086 1090 -Hsync +Vsync # 60Hz
Modeline "1920x1080" 164.16 1920 1928 1968 1976 1080 1083 1152 1155 -HSync +VSync # 72/1.001Hz
Modeline "1920x1080" 156.96 1920 1928 1992 2000 1080 1083 1087 1090 -HSync +VSync # 72Hz
Option "PreferredMode" "1920x1080"
EndSection

(change HDMI-0 to suit)

% xrandr 
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 16384 x 16384
DisplayPort-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DisplayPort-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 521mm x 293mm
1920x1080 60.00 + 71.93* 72.00 59.94 60.00 50.00
>>
>>51295633
120/5 is 24.

And 23.976 is 24000/1001. All you need to do is speed it up by 1001/1000 and you get 24 fps. mpv does that automatically now.
>>
>>51295720
>>51295737
Whoah, hold on, you're telling me I don't need to do jack shit in order to get a clean multiple? Just set it at 120Hz and forget it? Holy fuck this is revolutionary, with MPC-HC I had to fucking do several hacks to make this work.
>>
>>51295720
Question for you, I'm not at home right now but I remember when I tried to get my monitor to do 60 Hz exactly (I'm >>51295680) it spat out an error that I can't recall. Did you just do gft/cvt to get those modelines?

I know you're not gonna be able to help me since I don't have the error or even the model# of my monitor but I was always curious how to set modelines that your monitor doesn't report in xrandr.
>>
>>51295757
>Just set it at 120Hz and forget it?
Yes. 120 Hz is an ideal video refresh rate because it plays back NTSC content flawlessly. It will work cleanly with 24, 30, and 60 fps.
>>
>>51295784
And mpv will automatically convert 23.976 to 24?

Assuming everything works as it should, would Interpolation do anything at all or would it even make the image worse?
>>
How do I turn off all GUI elements in mpv?

I have no-osc and no-osd-bar but whenever I press Right Arrow, to jump in the video, video time appears in the top left.
>>
>>51295797
Interpolation isn't necessary with a 120 Hz monitor assuming you're playing back NTSC content (24 fps). mpv will automatically speed up the video by 1.001 (almost imperceptible) so that it's exactly 24 fps and not 23.976. You don't need to play with any settings to get it to do this assuming you have the latest stable release or the git
>>
>>51295680
give this a shot;
Modeline "2560x1440" 273.60 2560 2568 2592 2600 1440 1443 1460 1463 -HSync +VSync # 72/1.001Hz

to try it without restarting X;
$ xrandr --newmode "test" 273.60 2560 2568 2592 2600 1440 1443 1460 1463 -HSync +VSync
$ xrandr --addmode HDMI-0 test
$ xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode test
>>
>>51295822
Thanks anon I will try this later, but It'll be a few hours before I'm home.
>>
>>51295820
I'm on the latest Windows build so I assume it is working correctly.
>>
>>51295797
it's better to just use display-sync and have mpv change the speed very, very slightly to match
>>
>>51295831
np, run
$ xrandr --output HDMI-0 --auto

beforehand (probably won't do anything)
just incase it doesn't work so you can easily tap up twice and enter to get the display back to the default rate (otherwise you might get stuck with your monitor displaying 'out of range' or similar)
>>
>>51295820
Ok, I just tried two different videos.

One local 23.976FPS video. It worked, I assume, but motion (like whenever a person moves) seemed a little bit blurry.

One 60FPS YouTube video, streamed, and I simply couldn't get 60FPS out of it. I don't know why. Did I forget a setting in mpv? Or is my config wrong? My computer is plenty strong so that shouldn't be an issue (4790K and 980 Ti).

Here's my config: http://pastebin.com/YXdVHVq0
>>
>>51295886
Well for starters you have a typo in your config, there's an extra ":" between tscale-clamp and your icc profile.

Secondly it appears I was wrong about the fps adjustment being baked in to mpv (that or the wiki needs to be updated). You may need to get fpsadjust.lua set up.

Also there is apparently a problem with 60 fps video but I don't know anything about that.
>>
File: a.png (116 KB, 583x805) Image search: [Google]
a.png
116 KB, 583x805
>>51295766
na, i used this pixel clock calculator;
http://www.monitortests.com/pixelclock.php
(i tried a LOT before stumbling across this, nothing else could do what i wanted exactly as i was at the time making very specific modelines for a old standard crt television i have hooked up to my pc via vga)

this only gives the pixel clock value, along with h-total and v-total values, but you can guess the other numbers

i found this to work well usually;
modeline "name" <pixel clock> <h resolution> <previous +8> <next -8> <h total> <v resolution> <previous +3> <next -3> <v total> -hsync +vsync
>>
>>51295976
fpsadjust isn't needed anymore, just add video-sync=display-resample to conf
>>
>>51295976
>>Well for starters you have a typo in your config, there's an extra ":" between tscale-clamp and your icc profile.

Oh shit that's embarassing. I've fixed it now.

>>Secondly it appears I was wrong about the fps adjustment being baked in to mpv (that or the wiki needs to be updated). You may need to get fpsadjust.lua set up.

Is this possible to do on Windows? Or is it Linux-exclusive?

>>Also there is apparently a problem with 60 fps video but I don't know anything about that.

With the latest version you mean? Because I don't recall there being a problem with 60FPS videos a couple of months ago when I was using a different computer.
>>
>>51295978
Interesting. I'll try this as well.

>>51296023
That still doesn't work for multi-monitors, right? Another issue I have is that I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p TV at two different refresh rates. So I'm hesitant to use this because 60 Hz and 59.95 Hz will fuck with it.
>>
Sometimes, when I stream YouTube videos, there's lag followed by a sudden speedup. Is this due to the cache and if so, should I decrease or increase it?
>>
>>51296034
>Is this possible to do on Windows? Or is it Linux-exclusive?
It's just a lua script for adjusting playback speed, it should work on any OS. Or at least I don't see anything in it that's linux exclusive, unless
 disp_fps = mp.get_property_number("display-fps")
doesn't work in windows.

>With the latest version you mean? Because I don't recall there being a problem with 60FPS videos a couple of months ago when I was using a different computer.
Like I said I'm not sure, I haven't tried it with the latest stable release, but some anons in this thread and the last reported issues with it. My point is it may be unrelated to your fps/refresh rate issues.
>>
can mpv and yt-dl play playlists??????
>>
>>51296104
Yes. Read the manual for both.
>>
>>51293842
I get screen tearing also with a single monitor in windows 10 and an amd card. dwmflush=windowed fixes it.
>>
>>51296101
Ok, Ok, I figured it out. There are no problems, really. It works like a charm, better than YouTube even. The motion blur I'm seeing is inherent to the video.

The only problem left is the 60FPS thing, but maybe that is due to the build.
>>
>>51296187
Also I just want to say NNEDI3 is a fucking godsend. It cleans up the video so well, it looks like shit without it. Here's hoping my computer can handle it on 1080p Blu-Rays.
>>
>>51296062
Anyone?
>>
>>51296062
>Sometimes, when I stream YouTube videos, there's lag followed by a sudden speedup. Is this due to the cache and if so, should I decrease or increase it?

Use the initial cache function from the mpv manual. Your connection is too slow, it seems.
>>
what's even the purpose of enabling cache?
>>
>>51296180
>I get screen tearing also with a single monitor in windows 10 and an amd card. dwmflush=windowed fixes it.

Yep. Same here. Somebody should file a bug report.
>>
>>51296273
>>Use the initial cache function from the mpv manual. Your connection is too slow, it seems.

I have 100/100 fiber internet though. And an SSD drive.
>>
>>51296293
>I have 100/100 fiber internet though. And an SSD drive.

Then you have another problem and it's not the cache.
>>
>>51296274
for example, you want to jump forward 10 sec in a youtube video, if it's buffered (cached), then it'll skip instantly, as you (may) already have that data cached

you always need /some/ amount of cache, to smooth out the rate difference between the video playing and the data coming it from whatever source, you need more cache for a network stream than a disk stream for this reason (a network stream is usually less consistant)
>>
>https://github.com/bjin/dotfiles
>404
What the fuck?
Am i the only one?
>>
>>51295820
>>51295757
>Just set it at 120Hz and forget it?
Not until display-resample caching is implemented. Otherwise you waste a lot of GPU power compared to lower refresh rates, and with weaker GPUs you won't be able to use high quality scaling. For best performance switch to the lowest integer multiple of the frame rate your monitor will sync to.
>>
>>51296423
Nvm, reading the thread shows some other anons having the same issue, anyone manage to save the config?
>>
>>51296393
ok, how high should I set my cache to? 9999999999999999?
>>
>>51296620
i use 16384 (16M)
a bit overkill, but i have pretty crappy internet, and plenty of ram
>>
>>51296643
isn't the default 75000? 16384 seems pretty low
>>
>>51296671
idk what the default is, but i've had no trouble with anything at or over 4096k, 16384k just gives me extra room for network interruption and skipping ahead
>>
>>51296725
I see. Regardless of whatever I set the cache to, I still have the intermittent speedup problem. It only happens to the video. The audio is seemingly fine. I'll try some higher values and see if that helps.
>>
>>51296771
if the cache is constantly over 0 while it stutters, then it's not a cache-related issue
>>
>>51296783
Hm, anyway I can see the amount of cache during video/audio playback?
>>
>>51296813
It's in the OSD, man.
>>
Someone please assist me, mpv drops frames in fullscreen, from the highest bitrate 10bit 1080p video I can find down to a 720p YIFY encode. Non fullscreen? It just works, even scaled up to ~2500x1400 (I have a 1440p screen), but as soon as I hit fullscreen it constantly drops frames.

Old config (before opengl-hq changed)
vo=opengl-hq:tscale=mitchell:interpolation:waitvsync
hwdec=vaapi

New config
vo=opengl:scale=spline36:dither-depth=auto:fbo-format=rgba16:fancy-downscaling:sigmoid-upscaling:tscale=mitchell:interpolation:backend=x11:waitvsync
hwdec=vaapi

I tried to emulate the old opengl-hq, but even downgrading to 0.9 it just DOES NOT WORK. I still get the same problem.

CPU: i5-5300
GPU: HD 5500 iGPU

Based on the fact that downgrading mpv back like 5 packages does fuck all I'm hoping this is an issue with intel and not mpv, but I can't get any confirmation of this. One thing that happens with the latest mpv is that I get
GLX_SGI_video_sync not available
which I fixed with backend=x11 as I was told by this issue https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2364, but because this error doesn't occur when in the lastest 2 mpv packages I'm assuming this is an issue with mpv, and I'm not sure what was changed in the changelogs to cause vsync to break for intel drivers.

I'm fine with doing opengl but I really want interpolation since this screen doesn't support any refresh rates besides 60.00. But even with just
vo=opengl:interpolation:waitvsync
it STILL drops frames. What the fuck is happening?
>>
So much features keep getting added. I ignored the project for a few months and it progressed a lot since.
>>
>>51296837
Fuck, I forgot to mention it but obviously the first thing I tried was disabling hardware acceleration. It spikes my CPU a bit (maybe +5-15% depending on the video) but other than that the problems persist.
>>
>>51296813
How can I check what refresh rate mpv is detecting on my system? I tried to make a custom one (72hz) and my monitor flashed for a second, but I'm not sure if it is really working.
>>
File: a.jpg (232 KB, 848x751) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
232 KB, 848x751
>>51296783
by that i mean how full the cache is, not the setting

pic related,
top: cache is partially filled (=good, as long as it's not going down)
middle: cache is empty (only ok if the video has just been opened, or you're seeking to another part of the video) if it looks like this constantly, then you can't read from the source fast enough, for example, playing a high quality stream on a slow internet connection
bottom: cache is full, ideally you want it to look like this most of the time
>>
>>51296833
Ok, here are my settings:

cache=yes
cache-secs=600
cache-initial=51200
cache-default=102400
cache-backbuffer=102400

The video starts out fine. Around 200+ seconds and around 10KB. After 30 seconds or so it jumps up to like 10MB and then it gradually drops down all the way to 0KB and then it stays there. Also the 200+ seconds also tick down.

Any idea what the problem might be?
>>
>>51296910
>>Ok, here are my settings:
>
>cache=yes
>cache-secs=600
>cache-initial=51200
>cache-default=102400
>cache-backbuffer=102400

Why aren't you just using the default settings? They work fine. Is your mpv up to date?
>>
>>51296940
I dunno, I thought increasing the settings might make it better, more streamlined. I'll try default and see how that goes.
>>
>>51296910
keep in mind the cache is a /cache/
if you open a 10MB file, you can only cache 10MB, since that's the whole file
the cache will hit 10MB, then gradually go down until the end of the video
this is normal
in this example you've effectively copied the whole video into ram and are streaming it from there
>>
>>51296950
>I thought increasing the settings might make it better, more streamlined.

Lol no. What's best is default because it works for the most people. You only change it if you encounter issues due to your connection or processor speed.
>>
>>51296950
>>51296974
Alright so I left all the cache settings to their defaults and I think the cache is working properly now. It's staying at 10s and continually rising until 75MB.

However that didn't fix the problem but I think I might know what the culprit is. It might be framedrop=no.

Despite my computer being powerful (4790K and 980 Ti) it seems even I can't handle framedrop=no.
>>
>>51297053
I also disabled NNEDI3 and now it's smooth again.
>>
>>51297053
Dude...why are you fucking starting with a bunch of config lines? You don't just paste somebody's fucking config file and think it's gonna work.

You use the default settings and then add each config as you need it.

This is why /g/ is so fucking retarded. You guys expect to have everything spoonfed to you and you just use what you were given without actually using your brain and starting from default and thinking about what you need to do.

Anyway, retard. Delete your fucking config file, start from default, and add things as you need it.

Now stop being a fucking moron and use your brain and don't come back until you have customized your own config file.
>>
>>51296837
>>51296853
>vo=opengl:interpolation:waitvsync
what happens if you remove waitvsync?
>>
Is there a way to get stats in real time? in mpc-hc + madvr i just pressed ctrl + j
>>
>>51297120
You're not going to be any more welcoming to newbies by lashing out like that. Asking questions is an integral part of learning, whether he starts out fresh with an empty .conf or someone else's .conf. Either way he's going to learn.
>>
>>51297130
No effect fullscreen or not. Still drops frames. My CPU spikes at 30% without hwdec, but that shouldn't be an hardware issue, right? It's not maxing out any threads (as far as I can tell).

Just opengl seems to work, but then I get judder. Even just using oversample instead of mitchell for tscale causes framedropping. All of this seems to point to an issue with the intel drivers. Which means I'm just fucked. I'm still so confused why fullscreen just completely doesn't work though.
>>
My image is VERY blurry. Does anyone know why? My vo looks like this: vo=opengl-hq:temporal-dither:scaler-resizes-only:blend-subtitles=yes:scale=ewa_lanczos:scale-antiring=1.0:cscale=ewa_lanczos:cscale-antiring=1.0:dscale=mitchell:interpolation:tscale=mitchell:tscale-clamp

Are these even the best settings?
>>
>>51297148
https://github.com/Argon-/mpv-stats/
>>
>>51297183
it works, thanks m8
>>
>>51297156
He's not gonna learn until somebody tells him how stupid he's being. Otherwise he's going to continue being stupid by sabotaging his setup by using somebody else's config file because "muh /g/ told me to"
>>
>>51297183
What is the meaning of the A-V value?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.