[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How on earth do you put one of these on properly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 40569apply-500x500[1].jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
40569apply-500x500[1].jpg
88 KB, 500x500
How on earth do you put one of these on properly?
>>
>>51286223
You don't. They're useless
>>
>>51286223
You dont. Phones are meant to last 2 years.
>>
>>51286223
I carefully follow the instructions
>>
>>51286232
>Believing in "Scratch-proof" screens

kek
>>
>>51286250
My Galaxy S5 has dropped on concrete about 8 times already and it's still in one piece.
>>
>>51286223
use your balls
>>
Get tempered glass ones with them the only difficulty is keeping dust off when applying and the alignment is easy
>>
>>51286258
Clumsy fuck
>>
>>51286223
Do it in your shower. Wait for it to become steamy as fuck. I'm serious.
>>
>>51286223
Opposite question; I have a tempered glass one its been cracked, best way to remove it to put new one on???
>>
>>51286249
Every Instruction:
>Use your cloth to clean the screen in a "dust-free" zone
>Remove the ENTIRE FUCKING sticker from the screen protector and apply it to the phone
>If you got dust underneath, use WATER to re-apply it
>>
>>51286270
This and tape method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oJX99p3kEc
>>
>>51286232
/thread

>>51286250
Unless your phone is really shitty or your pockets are full of sand, this is a non-issue in 2015. My phone is two years old and it only has one little scratch.

And even if they still got scratched like hell, a scratched screen still looks much better than one with a shitty protection plastic.
>>
>>51286249
>instruction say to leave some bubbles just fir the look
>i put it on without creating bubbles
>fml.mkv
>tear the film off and repeat the process putting some dust in just to be sure
>>
>>51286265

This, out of all the protectors I've used the only one that worked flawlessly was a tempered glass one and it doesn't make the device feel horrible.
>>
Plastic screen protectors are fucking useless and make the screen feel disgusting. Either use quality tempered glass or just go naked.
>>
>>51286270
brilliant
>>
>>51286309
Screen protectors are useful for me cos they stop the oleophobic coating on the phone from wearing out (makes the screen feel really bad and moisture beads up).
>>
>>51286223
just don't. i used them on my older phones, but found them completely useless on newer ones.
>>
>>51286258
be more careful with your tech dwag, the 9th could be the last
>>
just get a nice durable leather case that fastens nicely and i don't see any reason for a screen to get scratched
>>
>>51286377
But the coating is fucking useless if it's under some awful plastic film you giant tit.
>>
be asian
>>
>>51286407
the screen protectors still feel better than a glass display with no coating. My M7 had the coating wear out, and I had to apply RainX to my display every 2 weeks cos the display felt fucking awful and would literally spaz out from moisture buildup all the time since it no longer repelled water.
>>
File: blackberry.jpg (56 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
blackberry.jpg
56 KB, 1000x625
>>51286223
Carefully.
Ideally there should be a tab like in your pic for you to hold onto while applying. Or at least the backing be split so you can use the unpeeled half as a handle. If the maker isn't cheap, then they'll include two sheets. The first one for you to practice, get a feel for the alignment, and lift off whatever dust you missed.

I'm surprised I managed to get mine on right the first try.
>>
File: 15161.jpg (88 KB, 397x577) Image search: [Google]
15161.jpg
88 KB, 397x577
>>51286516
>Attempt to do it on the first try
>Follow tape method
>Pull on the first Tab and start applying the sticker
>Start applying the sticker carefully
>Sticker applied with few bubbles
>Remove the bubbles with a card and carefully peel off the second tab
>Check my work, looks perfect
>Can't even see the protector on i--wait a second
>Check back on the tabs that I removed
>The protector is still stuck on the first fucking tab
>>
>>51286274

Buy a kit off ebay for 4 dollars. It has a sticker you put on the old one to remove it. Just line up the new one and slap it on.
>>
>>51286270
>>51286281
These. The steam keeps the dust down somehow. The tape has helped on multiple occasions.
>>
>tfw put one and there is a tiny hair in the middle

fuck it, don't care enough to use the backups i got.
>>
No screens are scratchproof, they still get microfine scratches from your thumb rubbing on them.
Grab your phone and look at it under a bright light, the bottom right portion of the screen if you're right handed, bottom left if left handed.
You'll notice it's scratched to shit with super fine scratches.
Plastic screen protectors are shit though, get a tempered glass one.
>>
>>51286223
very carefully
>>
Phantom glass
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.