[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help I'm giving a talk about the false assumptions of tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: CEvzH_jWMAEzN5S.png (101 KB, 303x235) Image search: [Google]
CEvzH_jWMAEzN5S.png
101 KB, 303x235
Help

I'm giving a talk about the false assumptions of tech

Give me examples
>>
>>51286137
>you are competent on giving speeches
>>
Talk about what's false about:

>Mac/OSX don't get virus
>Steve Job's death
>Using the word "Linux" as to describe a desktop/server OS
>Human life
>Yourself
>Python
>SystemDick

and you're on your way to getting an A
>>
Macs never get viruses.
Macs have special hardware that isn't exactly the same as what other PCs have, but with a shiny case.
>>
>>51286267
>>Using the word "Linux" as to describe a desktop/server OS
Kill you're self, mang
>>
>>51286137
paper can't beat rock
>>
I was thinking more like why your grandma doesn't want to fix her own fucking email, how everyone thinks learning to code requires years of experience, etc...
>>
Macs = no viruses
Linux = even for newbs
Iphone = best phone
moar gh = better cpu
>>
>>51286328
Learning to code does take years of experience if you don't want to be shit.
>>
Series of tubes
>>
>X software is 100% secure
>facebook / google / apple / microsoft don't spy on you

>>51286276
>Macs have special hardware
this is one of the most common misconceptions, it comes from the fact that apple's products HAD different hardware
>>
>>51286343
Eh, I guess that's true. But just basic shit too.
>>
>>51286328
grandma doesn't want to fix her email because of the same reason you don't want to patch your own clothes: it's easier to give someone else to do it instead of learning it for days/weeks/years

and learning to code does require years of experience
>>
user is a cis white male
user is abled
>>
>>51286137

first, you have to list some common assumptions of tech
>>
>>51286389
Like what?
>>
coding is math
Coders are good at math
more GHZ always means faster at a 1 to 1 rate
More cores multiplies the performance
>>
>>51286267
>Using the word "Linux" as to describe a desktop/server OS
would do and make as RMS as I could without quoting him
>>
>>51286416
I get the moar Hz won't get you moar speed, because the coder can't into math.
If the coder can actually into math his algorithm will run in e.g. O(n log n) rather than O(n^2)

so you either have to be good at math or have lots of money to get moar Hz.

also, if you're coding and you're not doing something related to math you're just a pleb coding monkey. might as well kill yourself
>>
>>51286537
>I get the moar Hz won't get you moar speed, because the coder can't into math.

What?
No you dumb fuck, it's because of Instructions Per Clock/Cycle aren't taken into account....
>>
>>51286137
GOTO statements are something to be included in a programming language. (circa late 70s)
>>
>>51286328
>how everyone thinks learning to code requires years of experience, etc...
If you don't have years of experience, you're a shit programmer.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.