[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fedora 23 KDE Plasma Desktop is the most disgusting thing you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: snapshot1-desktop.png (678 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
snapshot1-desktop.png
678 KB, 1366x768
https://fedoramagazine.org/whats-new-fedora-23-kde-plasma-desktop-spin/
>>
How hard is for you faggots to understand that nobody gives a shit about KDE?
>>
>>51285614
Why they wouldn't just use the default theme is beyond me.
>>
Hesitant to try again after I had problems with KDE5 in the last release.
>>
>>51285909
What are your problems? I'm using 5.4, works for me™.
>>
>>51285614
No you have it all wrong.

KDE is the most disgusting thing you have ever seen.
>>
>>51285614
23 is already known to be the worst Fedora's KDE release ever
>>
>>51285614
That is not even remotely close to the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. It's not even the most disgusting desktop snapshot I've seen on /g/ today. In fact, I'm not disgusted at all. Jesus Christ, understand that all your oh-tizms are belong to us. Now leave, just leave before it's too late. Ask Jesus to guide you.
>>
Fedora's offering of KDE Plasma Desktop is the default experience offered by KDE themselves. Fedora doesnt tinker with upstream packages so if something is off is mostly on the upstream developers hands.
>>
>>51285614
Why use this shit when you could use superior distros like Opensuse Leap or Tumbleweed?
>>
>>51285722

But all KDE themes are disgusting.
>>
>1366x768
yes, it doesn't get more disgusting than that
>>
>>51285614
>KDE
>allmywhy.jpg
>>
>>51285979
Stuff crashing, somewhat frequently. I switched out pretty quickly so I didn't get much of a chance to really investigate the problems further.
>>
>>51285614
Fedora has never cared about KDE. This is a known fact.

If you want a nice KDE desktop, use OpenSUSE.
>>
Fedora is shit!
>>
>>51288335
You're shit!
>>
>>51285614
What the fuck.
>>
>>51285614
looks like cinnamon+gnome3

disturbing
>>
>>51285614
WAYLAND WHEN NIGGA
;______________________________;?
>>
i am euphoric with this news
>>
>>51285614
>Fedora
>Not using gnome
>>
fedora 21 master race
>>
KDE is just trash, buckling under the weight of its own bloat. Someone put it out of its misery already.
>>
File: whatdoyoudowithadrunkenadam?.png (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
whatdoyoudowithadrunkenadam?.png
2 MB, 2048x1152
Why not stick with KDE3?
>>
>>51291390
Because it's not 2005 anymore you fat mess
>>
Just get rid of the dumb clock widget and that looks fine OP.
>>
File: 224932_dipper_sweating.png (318 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
224932_dipper_sweating.png
318 KB, 1280x718
I really like fedora 23 gnome desktop ;_;

I use it at work
>>
>>51285654
Replace KDE with "the linux desktop" and you're right

All the users just sit in (your favorite terminal emulator here) and use (your favorite terminal multiplexer here) locally and over SSH. Everything else is bling. Complete bling. The old UNIX users that were looking for a way to make themselves more productive with GUIs are not among linux users. You will not find rob pike. You will find bram moolenar. Linux users embrace the past and toy with the future.

>>51290814
X11 = like-RDP, VNC, terrible at 3d graphics
Wayland = VNC, nothing like RDP, good at 3d graphics

So hopefully never

>windows can do compositing and RDP
>linux can't
>L E L
>>
>>51292212
>All the users just sit in (your favorite terminal emulator here) and use (your favorite terminal multiplexer here) locally and over SSH. Everything else is bling. Complete bling. The old UNIX users that were looking for a way to make themselves more productive with GUIs are not among linux users. You will not find rob pike. You will find bram moolenar. Linux users embrace the past and toy with the future.

>what is the web
>what are images
>what is video
>what are pdfs

Even if you don't use the range of applications supplied with a DE (of the Gnome software, I personally only use Nautilus, Evince, and the image viewer with any regularity), DEs are still useful because they automatically handle all the plumbing (wi-fi, drive mounting, bluetooth, audio management, power management, screen locking, theming, and so on). Part of being productive is not having to deal with unnecessary shit.

Of course, I imagine you are more interested in autistic shit like acme.
>>
>>51285614
Just use gnome, it's so much better.
>>
>>51285614
*tips*
>>
>>51291225
>KDE is just trash, buckling under the weight of its own bloat. Someone put it out of its misery already.

This
>>
>tfw no better Qt DE....
gtkrap is shit, but KDE is kill
>>
>>51292351
>the web
>images
>video
The only shit they leave their terminals for. What is the DE? A shinier way to open those. Bling! Linux users don't care as long as it works. Genuinely normie concerns about user experience fly right over their heads or are ignorable autistic obsessions (see: gnome file picker)

>pdfs
pdftotext.

>Of course, I imagine you are more interested in autistic shit like acme.
Acme is complete fucking garbage. It's god's message to the world about how infrastructure designers should never make interfaces.
>>
>>51285614
There literally is nothing wrong with that image, except for perhaps the white line across the top. But that can easily solved with a different theme.

>xp only comes in the blue theme
>ishygddt
>>
>>51285614
>remove clock
>remove white line over task bar
there, I fixed it.
>>
>>51292438
I see, I assumed you were in the Pike/Plan9 'camp'. If normie user experience is your concern, why do you take issue with Gnome? That is what they focus most on, which has earned them a lot of ire from that subset of the Linux community you describe in your post. Gnome software is quite simple, polished and intuitive these days.

>pdftotext.
Never tried it but just thinking about it, I can not imagine it working whatsoever. PDFs by their nature can contain arbitrarily complex formatting, so any conversion to text would be extremely lossy. I can't imagine it handles mathematical notation very well.
>>
>>51292446
>xp only comes in the blue theme

That's a lie.
>>
>>51286899
Not really. Fedora KDE spin is a mix of kde4 and kf5 packages. And there are things that are fixed in upstream kde and not in fedora.

I have used fedora kde for 2 years now and I'm now considering switching to opensuse tumbleweed, since fedora kde spin will only get worse.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.