[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 31c.jpg (27 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
31c.jpg
27 KB, 480x640
Was it really that bad?
>>
I loved vista.

it was a bloated resource hog but I didn't have any problems with it. vista was great so long as you had a capable system. it came out at an awkward time when everyone started to realize that efficiency was just as important as raw power.
>>
>>51283589
Worked for me.
>>
All my professors seem to want to shit on vista like it was the worst thing to ever happen to computers.
>>
>>51283589
Yeah I asked for orange and they gave me lemon lime.
>>
>>51283589
It was.
It got a lot better when the service packs came, but the OS was out too soon to be useful.
XP had a really bad window manager and really bad security.
But it worked.
Vista was a dreaded contrast and that it also required more resources to do the same thing (even games posted that you needed about twice as much memory in order for them to run)
Windows has not really improved since then, so you cannot really complain about vista without complaining about windows since vista.
>>
While it was kinda meh, it's not that horrible as long as you had a fucking stronk computer. At least it wasn't Windows ME.
>>
Not as bad as windows 9
>>
>>51283637
You genuinely upset me for a moment, so whether your post was serious or not, you deserve a reply.
>>
>>51283589
It was quite good and ran really fine on an e8500 and 4gbs of ram.
>>
>>51283696
Your hand might have slipped
>>
>>51283802
No I wanted orange. It gave me lemon lime.
>>
I recently reinstalled it on my old laptop
It's considerably faster than more recent windows versions.
>>
>>51283833
The machine would not make a mistake
>>
>>51283589
still use it
2600k 8g 660ti
>>
It wasn't good but at least it wasn't flat
>>
>>51283840
This is a lie.
>>
>Few manufacturers decided to actually provide driver support for Windows Vista
>Aero at the time was pretty unpolished and poorly written which caused explorer to crash
>Fucking UAC
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.