[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anonymous domain registering / web hosting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: GoDaddy.svg.png (40 KB, 640x279) Image search: [Google]
GoDaddy.svg.png
40 KB, 640x279
So, how does one keep an entirely anonymous web personality? I've STFW but am looking for actual experience & discussion. Before I get too far I'm thinking:

1) Personal hardware: used or cash purchased virgin wireless card, using random open access points. Live CD OS, no persistent storage.

2) Finances: pre-paid credit cards purchased with cash.

3) Fabricate identity details.

4) Initial email address -- hotmail / gmail / yahoo? Any of the many mail.com domains? Anyone doing free email with less record keeping than the big guys? Is there more anonymity being just another yahoo account?

5) Domain name registering: anyone not take pre-paid credit cards? Anyone not too hung up on producing a valid mailing address that corresponds to the credit card being used?

6) Web hosting -- I guess at this point it almost doesn't matter. If you have a domain I imagine anyone will assume you're real enough to take $3-$10 a month from you.

Anyone done anything like this? I'm not trying to hide from the NSA per se, just looking for a real buffer from general doxing (thunderf00t comes to mind). And I'm probably thinking too much about this. But aim for the stars

(If this is better asked in /b/ i'll try there, but was hoping to get a better signal:noise here.)
>>
you are thinking too much about it, use whatever you want nothing is going to happen
>>
>>51282678

I created an account on godaddy with fake information
I then proceeded to register a domain, providing ICANN with fake personal info for the registration.

set up godaddy to use paypal for payments for web hosting and to renew domain.

everythingworked.jpg

as long as godaddy got my 5 bucks every month for webhosting they didnt seem to give a shit that all my personal info was fake and didnt exist. provided ICANN with a fake name and address. nothing ever happened. eventually cancelled webhosting and domain because I couldnt be fucked with maintaining a website anymore. all they had on me was a paypal address which wasnt linked to any credit card and they had no way of getting the information from paypal which did have my real info for obvious reasons

was nothing illegal. only did this because I dont trust people and didnt want some piece of shit hacker wannabe having my real info when looking up the domain whois because I couldnt be bothered to pay for the "private" registration.
>>
>>51283389
It only matters if ICANN wants to contact you and you don't respond, i.e you took the domain in the name of someone's trademark and they ask for proof that you are allowed to own it.
>>
>>51282678
Using fake personal details goes against the contract and is illegal. Hope you get sued.
>>
>>51283421

I didnt have to worry bout that because it was a unique domain. I did provide a real email address for contact purposes. only time I ever received any emails was every year telling me to update my info and make sure info was correct and up to date. never changed anything. never got any emails otherwise.
>>
>>51282678
Register a Tonga domain from http://www.tonic.to, they dont care about anything and they dont keep a public whois database, thats why those domains are used by so many torrent sites
>>
Go to mcdonalds or any other public wifi service, make sure you have mixed bitcoins, buy domain with fake details, use a proxy/tor to login from the domain panel or w/e all done.
>>
>>51282724
But what if I want to or have done something illegal online and don't want to get tracked?
>>
>>51283595

>go to mcdonalds

dude do you think OP is seriously going to go to mcdonalds to login to his C/P everytime he wants to do some work on his website?
>>
>>51283931
No you either use proxy chaining or TOR.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.