[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do to make firefox a better browser?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: firefox.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
What would you do to make firefox a better browser?
>>
remove SJW
>>
>>51282264

Rehire this man.
>>
probably make the beta the default version, remove copyrighted artwork and add some more privacy tweaks. for me it's perfect otherwise.
i'd basically make it iceweasel beta or aurora.
>>
>>51282368
Its not a coincidence that as soon as they bullied him out that things started to go down hill at an alarming rate.

>>51282264
>What would you do to make firefox a better browser?
It's too late. The thing is too far gone.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1222546#c35
>I'm sorry if the discussion so far hasn't been as public as I would have liked, but that's just the way it stands.
The SJW that have infiltrated the Mozilla offices are purposely having closed door discussions about removing power user features.
Firefox is no longer about being open and free. It's about fat dykes and some purple moustache faggots getting revenge.
>>
Rebase it on Blink
>>
>>51282264
nothing, perfect as is
>>
>>51282368
>invented the perversion called Javascript
>rehire
webasm > javascript
>>
>>51282264
get rid of the bloat/botnet parts (hello, pocket etc.)
make the default config less chrome-y normie style and more advanced user style
>>
>>51282498
>themes
>power user feature
kek
>>
>>51282531
This
>>
>>51282550
>hello
hello is nothing more than an interface to the OpenRTC standard

Pocket I agree tho, that shit is straight up bloatware
>>
>>51282264
Remove DRM. Include ad block functionality but let the users decide on what filters they want to use so advertising companies have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>51282554
It's clearly about more than themes, they are just the latest in a line of removals and sabotage. A lot of people for the past 10 years have enjoyed scripting their own full themes to make FF how they like it.
>>
>>51282264
Make it palemoon for starters. That gets rid of shitty as fuck australis.
Fix memory leaks. Work on not having is suck memory up anyway. Work on better multi-threading performance preferably without having 8 billion external executables instead of just controlling threads like a reasonable person..
Make subsystems modular so addons and extensions don't need to restart the entire program.
Add refined page/image scaling. Maybe add opencl rendering support or something to make it smoother and faster.
Change syncing to secure individual-p2p and remove account/cloud bullshit.
Fix up page media/info views so all media shows up and is easily accessible.
Fix fullscreen hiding for scrollbar and status bar.
>>
Anything else /g/uys?
>>
>>51282264
remove SJW
Rehire >>51282368
remove WebRTC, Hello, Pocket, make australus optional, dont remove extensions, force disable flash.
i could try and think of more.
>>
>>51282753
do it, i am sending an email to mozilla
lol
>>
>>51282264
change logo to pic related
change name to "chrome"
replace browser with chrome
>>
File: chrome-material-design.png (42 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
chrome-material-design.png
42 KB, 800x600
>>51282874
forgot pic
>>
>>51282874
>>change logo to pic related
>change name to "chrome"
>replace browser with chrome
nice meme faggot
>>
>>51282264
At this point, just kill it. The shitfox is so far gone it should just be put out of its misery.

And I say that as a life-long fan of firefox and addon dev.
>>
Why did they get rid of the refresh button? It's not even in the toolbar config anymore, you have click that tiny refresh icon inside the address bar.
>>
>>51283078
f5 is your friend
>>
>>51283110
>not ctrl+r
>>
>>51282264
Reverse time. It'll gradually become better for the next years to come
>>
>>51283857
>two buttons instead of one
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (79 KB, 642x642) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
79 KB, 642x642
>>51283857
>not F5
>>
Id say fix thr android version
>>
seems pretty good to me.

maybe because the others are so crap
>>
>>51282601
>sabotage
How is this sabotage?
>>
Make it multiprocess so it hangs less.

Make it modular so components can be removed and updated independently of the entire application.

Make the addon API use standard HTML so addons can be written faster and make them limited by default so they can be audited faster and don't steal your passwords.

Remove XUL based components and replace them with standard HTML

:^)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.