[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this shit? Every time I boot up a movie or some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: vlc-logo.png (32 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
vlc-logo.png
32 KB, 256x256
What happened to this shit? Every time I boot up a movie or some shit It tells me its pirated (which it is) and it refuses to play the media at all. Weird thing is, its happened with multiple different movie files of the same movie. Is it dialing out or was there something in the most recent version that prevents piracy?

Either way this is some botnet shit.
>>
What OS are you running? I've never had problems watching pirated shit with VLC on Win7.
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

Use MPC, its better in every way.
>>
>>51281751
Windows 7, 100% up to date.
>>
>>51281751
make sure you are using the most recent version of VLC too
>>
How would it know? Unless it's comparing file names (which you could change to test) or md5s of currently-available pirate copies against a database held somewhere.
>>
>>51281794
Vote for this.
>>
>>51281710
pics or it didn't happen. no mention on webz.
>>
>>51281710
>doesn't even post a screenshot

So this is what MPC fags are resorting to? Blatant lying?
>>
>>51281710
Sounds like you got a file with a bad codec. I really doubt they would implement something like that desu.
>>
>>51281710
>I downloaded trust_me_im_a_dolphin.mkv.exe
>VLC must be a botnet!!1!!

Fuck me you're retarded.
>>
>>51281943
>>51281952
>>51281965
Ive since deleted the file. I don't want to be busted for piracy. My mom got pretty mad the last time my ISP wrote a letter to her (She pays for the internet)
>>
>>51282001
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: rused.jpg (35 KB, 515x518) Image search: [Google]
rused.jpg
35 KB, 515x518
>>51282001
>>
Only "problem" I've ever had was it refused to play some DRM loaded crap.

Naturally, proper pirated movies are DRM free.
>>
>>51282001
Wow, you le convinced me to le switch from le vlc to mpc! good job, fellow Samaritan
>>
File: 1372707866683.png (477 KB, 653x766) Image search: [Google]
1372707866683.png
477 KB, 653x766
>>51282064
>>51282088
I am being 100% truthful with you guys
>>
>>51282001
AH OKAY.
>>
>>51282106
I didn't shill for MPC, its probably not even open source. That was some other nerd.
>>
File: of-course.gif (1014 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
of-course.gif
1014 KB, 500x269
>>51282148
>I am being 100% retarded with you guys
>>
>>51282001
>Every time I boot up a movie
>Ive since deleted THE file
>>
>>51282194
>MakeAGIF.com
What does the DRM cock taste like, anon?
>>
Not that i believe OPs ruse cruise but why do people even use VLC? Between mpc (inb4 shill) and mpv, why use it?
>>
File: faggot.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>51282001
>Ive since deleted the file.
>I don't want to be busted for piracy.
>My mom got pretty mad the last time my ISP wrote a letter to her (She pays for the internet)

There are so many things i could and want to say about this, but pic related is all you get for the bait.
>>
>>51283073
It's suprisingly more user friendly than you'd think.I use MPC-HC personally but I install VLC on every computer I wipe/reinstall or set up. No complaints yet afteer two years.
>>
>>51281839

MPC is better
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.