[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you own Corsair© Dominator Platinum™ modules?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
Why don't you own Corsair© Dominator Platinum™ modules?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>51279613
>>
I legitimately own them.

They're great for aesthetic builds, especially hackintosh builds (for that classic Mac silver look).

Would only recommend for non-poorfags though.
>>
Would love to own a set. But they are expensive as hell. Not a poorfag but seriously...
>>
because form<function
>>
>>51280907
>>51280907
This
>>
>>51279613
i do actually and i like them
>>
>>51280186

They aren't all that expensive. <90$ for 8GB ~220$ for 32GB.
>>
>>51281204
>Implying you can't get 8gb new for less than $40
>>
Because I don't like to pay double just for looks.

Buying expensive RAM is really stupid.
>>
>trademark symbols
fag
>>
>>51279613
>buying ram with anything other than the bare pcb
It's hardware not a toy. Hope the added height and leds make you feel better spending double the money.
>>
Because I have the g.skill ripjaws and they work perfectly fine
>>
>>51281479

I didn't say that you couldn't find anything cheaper, but they aren't bad for CAS 9. Best ram for price is probably GSkill.
>>
>>51281204
>$90 for 8 GB
>twice the price of 1866mhz 8GB

Yea anon that's reasonably priced
>>
>>51281669
literal gamer meme ram
>>
>>51281562
It increases your second hand value in case you need to sell off your gayming pc to some unsuspecting soccer mom and her son, those flashy rams are gonna pay themselves off.
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 840x518) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 840x518
Kingston HyperX Fury sticks look pretty slick and they cost about the same as regular green value RAM.
There's no reason not to get something that looks decent.
>>
File: image.gif (319 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
319 KB, 500x212
>>51279613
I'd like to RAM my platinum stick in and dominate her.
>>
hand picked golden sample master race reporting in
>>
>>51281803
You can make the circuit board of a RAM chip black as well or any color you want really so I never understood why they would add small housing to it. Maybe it's because most companies don't actually make the RAM modules themselves.
>>
>>51282742
I'll show you an example here.
>>
Because I could get twice the amount of equivalent Kingston HyperX for less.
>>
>>51282742
Their PCBs are black too. They just have a heat spreader over the black PCB.

It's technically supposed to be a heatsink of sorts, but RAM doesn't produce enough heat for it to really matter.

At the end of the day, it's to make it look pretty.
>>
>>51281846
I want her to dominate ME.
>>
>>51281204
Still a lot more.
And I run x99 so I need ddr4.

It's simply not justified. Got better things to spend my money on. Plus black sticks still looked great in my case.
>>
>>51279613
Because I have a cheap workstation and i use ECC RAM.
>>
>>51279613
I'd dominate his module if you know what I mean.
>>
>>51281714
It's the cheapest there is. The overpriced corshit "dominator" garbage is the gamer meme ram.
>>
>>51279613
Do they come with a complimentary Tasty?
>>
>>51279613
Obviously because my RAM was sold to me by an even more attractive model than the Corsair RAM.
>>
>>51279613
I prefer ecc ram sorry i dont buy fad ram
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.