[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sync Outlook with Galaxy S6?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: outlook.png (102 KB, 1032x742) Image search: [Google]
outlook.png
102 KB, 1032x742
Alright /g/.

My father is having a bit of a problem with his new phone, he picked up a Galaxy S6 (was using some old Windows CE phone prior) and cannot figure out how to sync his desktop Outlook application with either his phone directly, or just sync his Outlook with his Google Account.

Now, it has to be Outlook, because he uses that for keeping his calendar and client contact details, and it has to at least be a once a day update as it does change fairly often.

Does anyone here know how to sync the device with Outlook, and maintain the sync automatically, so I can stop the poor man from having a heart attack?

I'm at a bit of a loss because I don't use bloody Outlook, never have.
>>
Install the Outlook app and log in with your email account.
>>
D/L the outlook app to synchronise your calender and mail (latter not recommended); Is there anyway to sync contacts between Android and the W10 default app?
>>
Unfortunately he doesnt want to sync with Google, because he thinks they spy on you, is that even possible?

Yes, I am aware this is daft given that he went and bought an Android phone.
>>
>>51279283
>Outlook app

Outlook is on his Windows 7 PC, he's not using the Cloud version of Outlook, I think its version 2012.
>>
File: 4.jpg (322 KB, 1130x1080) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
322 KB, 1130x1080
>>51279694
>Android phone
>doesnt want to sync with Google, because he thinks they spy on you
>>
>>51279694
So what about that Outlook Android app?
>>
File: techfun.gif (14 KB, 600x214) Image search: [Google]
techfun.gif
14 KB, 600x214
I looked into this several times, and I haven't been unable to get this to work.
There used to be an applet to sync between Outlook and Google, but this stopped working a while ago.
If his outlook calendar is already on a server (eg work), then it may work, depending on the server configuration.
If it isn't and it's a local server, he can export the calendar to a file and import that on the phone.

At some point he'll have to sync that calendar to somewhere online, You haven't said whether he's using an outlook/microsoft online account, or whether this is local.
>>
>>51280326
Nah, its a local account on his PC in his office unfortunately, running Outlook 2010 or 2013, I cant remember.

Seems there's plenty of options to sync from Outlook.com to Google Account or direct to his phone, but not many to sync Outlook to his Phone via USB.

I was under the impression that Samsung Kies done it just fine, but he's telling me that Kies is crap.
>>
>>51280276
>So what about that Outlook Android app?

It doesn't sync with your Desktop account.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>51279256
use nine, great for outook email.
>>
>>51280896
>use nine, great for outlook email.

Does it sync with the desktop Outlook application? Its not an Exchange server, its just the regular old Outlook that comes with the MS Office Suite.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.