[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /g/ so obsessed against cpu/ssd stickers on laptops?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: file.php?id=15328&mode=view.jpg (2 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
file.php?id=15328&mode=view.jpg
2 MB, 4320x3240
Why is /g/ so obsessed against cpu/ssd stickers on laptops?

I get the hate for stickers on the lid, but what's wrong with the one under the keyboard?
>>
the laptop looks cleaner without them
>>
>>51277777
>>
>>51277762
imo stickers of any kind are just a form of peacocking. any true pro doesn't need to show off their subjective preferences to everyone in the room. being a "sleeper" has benefits
>>
mv op /dev/ebin
>>
It's sort of an IT dick measuring contest. I personally try to stick as many of them as possible to counter any MSI Gaming Series in my proximity
>>
Because it's a c.uckstamp that you voluntarily keep on the hardware you own.
>>
>>51277762
I never add stickers, but i also hate removing the ones it comes with.
>>
>>51277915
pretty much, i never add stickers, and anyone with stickers is just attention whoring, and usually hasn't the faintest notion as to what's really going on. it's like they just want to make friends and be told they're hip, instead of making software
>>
>>51277762
I always keep the Intel sticker and remove every other sticker unless there's a THX or Bose, Harman Kardon etc..
>>
>>51277800
>not putting core 2 dou stickers on a core i5 thinkpad
>>
>>51277991
>not putting core i7q stickers on a single core celeron laptop
>>
>>51277762
>ultimate edition
Using anything from that kike.
>>
>>51277878
mv op /dev/null
>>
>>51277762

Not removing the stickers.

Guuuuuuuys whyyyy
>>
>>51277762
Because, at least on laptops, they're gonna start to peel off from general use anyway. On a tower they look fine most of the time.
>>
>>51278014
>Not putting Pentium stickers on a P50 with a Xeon
>>
I removed the Windows stickers from my laptops and stuck them to my consoles. Now my Xbox runs Vista.
>>
>>51277762
because no one gives a shit anyway, its a laptop. Faggot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.