[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all of the console/terminal fonts shit? There has to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1436197178969.jpg (50 KB, 736x724) Image search: [Google]
1436197178969.jpg
50 KB, 736x724
Why are all of the console/terminal fonts shit?

There has to be a good one, right?
>>
What's wrong with the ones you've tried?
Which ones have you tried?

Oh, you're just a retarded faggot. Sorry, my bad for engaging.
>>
ib4 non-monospace terminal font
>>
comic sans
>>
gohufont mustard trace
>>
monaco is good
>>
Try Terminus or Dina.
>>
>>51272158
DejaVu Sans Mono is the best font in existence.
>>
Source Code Pro
>>
File: fonts-compare.png (18 KB, 379x346) Image search: [Google]
fonts-compare.png
18 KB, 379x346
>>51273453
https://github.com/chrissimpkins/Hack
Hack is dejavu but better. Pic related, top is dejavu and bottom is hack.
>>
Try Terminus
>>
>>51273513
Those both look like shit.

It's like they're being rendered in Windows
>>
>>51273708
The font in that image is too small (8pt?). It looks beautiful at 9pt. I hope you're not a Terminus proponent. That shit's hideous.
>>
>>51273665
this to be honest family
Terminus is really good.
>>
>>51272218
The only good reason to still use Windows.
>>
>>51273772
>muh glyphs
>muh smoothness
Desktop thread faggot detected. DejaVu is way better, it's the de facto default for a reason.
>>
>>51273513
I like Dejavu's 'i' better.

I think Dejavu's main weakness is the thin/skinny 'm', and Hack doesn't seem to improve on that.

I really want a better font but I've yet to see one.
>>
File: poopon.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
poopon.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>51273772
>>
File: consolas.png (133 KB, 1270x936) Image search: [Google]
consolas.png
133 KB, 1270x936
If you like it it's Consolas. Seems to appear if you install Office.
>>
i have no problems with ubuntu mono
>>
>>51273833
The thin m is just hinting. How would you draw the m at that size?
>>
proggy
>>
>>51274154
Honestly, I'm not sure, but I just know that it's really the only thing that bothers me about the font (and similar ones). Perhaps the monitors I've used are shit and that's how everyone else doesn't seem to care.
>>
install gentoo
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.