[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Micro$oft's making me their bitch again. Should I dual-boot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (7 KB, 477x164) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
7 KB, 477x164
Micro$oft's making me their bitch again.

Should I dual-boot linux?

Which distro?
>>
Why? You'll only be able to use Window$ for a fortnight, just install Gentoo :^)
>>
>>51271884

Seriously, wat do?

I just started learning C++ too. Only thing i have is a hello world but I don't want another 16GB of dev shit added to my hard drive.
>>
>>51271853
Despite what people say, distro does not matter that much.
If you want something that just works, go with a *Ubuntu. Pick the default DE you think you like and see how it is.
If you have hardware issues with another distro, check if it works with Ubuntu before giving up.
I personally like KDE.
It offers great control and whether you like to configure via GUI or config file, KDE let you do what you want and still offers a traditional desktop.
Maybe you find something you like as well.
>>
>>51271929
Saying "install Gentoo :^)" was just meme. I personally love Debian. Although right now I use 8.1, only because this computer is temporary until my ThinkPad gets here. Do some experimenting with virtual machines for the two weeks of windows you have now, and find a Linx distro that works for you. - Jack
>>
>>51271929
I tried xubuntu for a while and all it did was give me headaches about all the software i couldnt use and kept giving me hardware errors and slowdown.
>>
>>51271919
you can run linux fine in like 5

use mint
>>
>>51271998
Dude, you really ordered a ThinkPad?

I wish i could but there's complications.
>>
>>51272066
What do you use?
>>
>>51272097
HP Pavilion 17-e017dx

2.10 GHz AMD A8
8GB RAM
>>
>>51272154
SSD? Spinning rust should always be replaced.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 640x1136
Kid needs help /thread
>>
M$ Toolkit on My Digital Life

you're welcome
>>
File: 1441652529549.jpg (50 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
1441652529549.jpg
50 KB, 640x478
>>51273217
>>
>>51271853
What are you looking for Opie?

>just werks
Mint or Elementary

>not afraid of some light config
Debian or Fedora

>full metal autist
Arch or Gentoo
>>
kmspico that shit

Because who cares if it's a backdoor when you're using 10.
>>
Don't duel boot.
Download architect installer.
Write that ISO as bootable to a USB and boot from that shit.
Install and enjoy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.