[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet Privacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Snoop.jpg (32 KB, 640x606) Image search: [Google]
Snoop.jpg
32 KB, 640x606
Hey people. I've been having some concerns about my internet privacy, I want to feel as though I have some sense of security and anonymity online. Right now I just have Windows 7 and use chrome and don't have tor or vpns or whatever. I don't feel like I really do anything too inappropriate online but I would hate to accidentally get in trouble for something stupid and preventable. Basically, I want to know how much effort I should put into this. How worried should I be about things like this? How vulnerable am I and what are some solutions? I don't want to go through a shit ton of trouble but I'd like some security, is Tor worth it?
>>
File: 1444824207887.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1444824207887.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>51270871
>install tails
>start gentoo vm
>get behind 7 proxies
>>
>>51270871
Well if you are concerned about privacy I suggest using a vpn, change your Browser to chromium, change ur search engine, use the extension https everwhere, use peerblock and disable botnet settings or change your OS to pretty much any Linux Distro u want.
>>
>>51270871
Shit band with a shit negro.

>lawlz guise look how satanic we are
>2015
>>
Should I be concerned about privacy?
>>
for a second there I thought Snoop was captured by the KKK grand wizard or some crap.
>>
>>51270939
You might aswell wanna use openrc instead of systemd, use TOR and proxy yourself thru the rings.
>>
>>51270871
How to become more secure:
-----> If you're asking cause you downloaded CP. Burn all your related HDDs/SSDs and the router/switch/model, then skip straight to #6
#1 - Delete your social media accounts
#2 - Switch to Linux permanently
#3 - Use Chromium with extensions and shit
#4 - Change your name, move, get a new identity
#5 - Enjoy having no friends and living at obscure place
#6 - Kill yourself
>>
>>51271117
/write over hard drive completely
>>
>>51271117
I'm definitely not messing with any of that kind of stuff so no worries there. Is that the only kind of stuff they really try to get people for?

Im definitely thinking about going linux, can I still play steam games and shit on it?
>>
>>51271403

Give up on games if you want linux

In fact give up on 99% of all the programs you'd want and just rice your desktop to post on /g/ because that's all linux is good for
>>
>>51271403
>still play steam games and shit on it?
grow up

>>51271117
>Chromium

Actual. legit botnet

>>51270871

Get a VPN paying in cash/bitcoins/gift cards
Delete social media
Firefox with noscript
done
>>
good band 7/10
>>
>>51271524

Well memed my friend.

There are Linux equivalents for almost every windows program. The only reason you should use Windows is if you have to use CAD, or some other professional program.
>>
>>51271628
>There are Linux equivalents for almost every windows program.

Yeah much in the way a reliant robin is equivalent to a supercar because they're both cars
>>
>>51271652
Reliant Robin is not a car, nigger.
>>
>>51271769
ur mom is a car
>>
>>51271769
>Implying the Robin ain't a supercar
>>
>>51271652

Great metaphor.
>>
>>51271769

It's as much of a car as linux is an acceptable Windows replacement which is to say barely and only in the most dire circumstances unless you're doing it for a laugh.
>>
File: 1443512651799.jpg (2 MB, 2101x3000) Image search: [Google]
1443512651799.jpg
2 MB, 2101x3000
>>51271539
>posts on 4chan
>tells people to grow up

i bet you hate anime too!
>>
>>51270871
Use Linux.

It likely has the apps you want and is a much better experience overall.
>>
>>51270999
Agreed
>>
>>51270999
How is systemd in any way related to the conversation?
>>
>>51276755
How is it not?
>huge amounts of code that no one except Big Corp will ever audit
Why would you trust something like that if you care about privacy?
>>
>>51270871
OP, you are either off the grid, your data is grandfathered, you are on the edge, or you are fucked.

If you are off the grid, it is hard life, but more power to you.

If you are grandfathered in, you know as well as do, those private data stores are worth more than all the bullshit media that is paraded, because the information will one day be illegal to own. Not because it is wrong to have it, but because TPTB want it to be so.

If you are on the edge, the gap for you getting out is very narrow indeed. Collect what forbidden data you can (and I don't mean dumbass CP, I mean real data, like news clippings that will be done away with "Private Ogilvy" style), and salt it away. Follow the examples of those that have grandfathered themselves in and brace you (and your family if present) for impact.

If you don't understand any of the above, or haven't made the move RIGHT THE FUCK NOW then you're pretty much screwed.

Don't understand? Watch. This was nearly 3 years ago.

You are being watched...even now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNsePZj_Yks
>>
>>51270871
>windows
>Tor
>privacy
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48 KB, 500x282
>>51270965
/mu/tant detected.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.