[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /g/. My computer isn't turning on. I took it to a LAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 0f0.jpg (67 KB, 622x635) Image search: [Google]
0f0.jpg
67 KB, 622x635
Help /g/. My computer isn't turning on. I took it to a LAN party on Friday where it was working fine but ever since it's been having problems. Started with video crashes that forced me to shut down my pc if I wanted to use it again. Thought it was my gpu so I switched from DVI to HDMI and tried reseating, didn't do shit. Tried removing my gpu altogether, didn't do shit. Tried messing with my RAM too, took one stick out, put the other in a different dimm slot, again nothing. Tried with both sticks.

Now the computer will turn on, case fans will spin up and h100i cooling block will light up, but it just stays at a black screen. Not POSTing as far as I know. I can't see shit on my screen, but I never hear the sound to indicate it made it to the Windows logon screen. I tried clearing my cmos battery by jumping the pins which allowed me to log on for a few minutes but eventually went to a black screen again. I removed the battery altogether and jumped it which worked again but went to another black screen after a few minutes. I have a Corsair M45 mouse which has a logo that usually lights up a few seconds after turning my pc on but it's not lighting up at all. Same with my keyboard's Num Lock light. That and the shit with my cmos battery makes me think it's something with my mobo.

Pls help /g/. Pic unrelated, just some shit I had on my phone.
>>
>>>/g/sqt
>>
power supply too weak?
>>
>>51270406
Nope. 650w for a single gpu build. Built it a little over a year ago.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v74RdC
>>
Yea that looks like psu failure.
>>
>>51270595
You really think so even though my computer turns on for 5-10 mins after clearing my cmos?
>>
Wow retarded OP.

Open it up, use a compressed air canister to clean it up, re-seat the graphics card, and make sure all the connectors are comfortable.

It should be fine after that.

Likely something got jostled out of place.
>>
>>51270663
Have you tried removing your GPU altogether and try powering on?
>>
>>51271667
>>51270663
to elaborate, to troubleshoot further you need to remove RAM completely and try booting. If it doesn't even give a RAM post beep error then it is most likely your motherboard.
>>
>>51271606
I've tried reseating my gpu a few times to no avail. And I have checked all of my connectors twice now, nothing should be loose. I just cleaned my computer on Thursday morning which I was wondering if it caused a problem, but it had several hours of use between that Thursday morning where it was working fine and Saturday morning when it started having problems.

>>51271694
I have tried removing my gpu and still had the same issue, but that's a good idea with the RAM that I will try when I am home later tonight. Thanks.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.