[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /budget phone/ here? I just bought pic related, the Moto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: MOTO-G-4G.jpg (55 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
MOTO-G-4G.jpg
55 KB, 620x420
Who /budget phone/ here?

I just bought pic related, the Moto G 4G from swappa for $90. Basically my Nexus 5 is so crap that I cannot bear to use it anymore. The power button doesn't work, screen is cracked and chipped to hell, phone dies after 10 minutes off the charger. I basically just needed a cheap phone to hold me over until my birthday.

So anyone else use a cheap phone?
>>
I have an lg volt I was able to buy for $60 after black friday. Yes, a cdma phone but it has a quad-core A7 cpu, 1gb ram, lte + lte spark, and micro sd slot. plenty enough for me.
>>
>buying a meme phone
>>
>>51269959
Nice, I was thinking of getting a Moto X Pure edition for my birthday, but if I really end up liking the moto g then maybe I'll just stick with it.
>>
>>51270031

My only worry is updates.
>>
>>51270040
It has lollipop right now though right? I think version 5.1.1 actually
>>
>>51269890
Moto E 2015. 540p sucks and multitasking is lacking due to 1gb ram but I paid $40 for it so not too big of a deal. For someone who uses his phone for texts, music, gps, email, and light web browsing it works just fine, no lag

Battery life is fucking amazing though, sitting at 56% right now since taking it off the charger at 8 this morning with about 4-4.5 hours SOT, 2 of those while using GPS and 2 web browing, plus about an hour of podcasts played at max volume through the speaker while I drove to work.
>>
>>51270140
That's awesome to hear man. I don't understand some people on here that pay an upwards of $800 for a phone when we pretty much can do the same thing that they do and get similar battery life.
>>
>>51269890
>Landvo l900
>65€
>1.2 quad, 1gigram, 8 megapickles, sd, removable 1900mah bat.
>not a single problem after a month

I am actually thankful for apple, driving the competition and for people who pay silly prices for brand phones.
Because of this, i can enjoy dated but not slow tech for cheap.
>thank you goys
>>
Lumia 520 here. Not fond of fancy apps so I don't care about the lack thereof. The native ones work great (maps, music, surprisingly IE, file browser), and the phone itself runs smooth as butter. If I were to upgrade, I'd get a Lumia 930 in a heartbeat.
>>
File: How could this happen.png (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
How could this happen.png
85 KB, 500x500
>>51270543
forgot its android 4.4 and 5 can go fuck itself.
>inb4 bad display, bad camera, and too little ram.
Hadn't any lag so far. This is due to the chinese not putting bloatware on the phones. only has gapps.

How /g/ still didn't discover chink phones is beyond me. For 100€ one can get a pretty good model, bloat free, open bootloader and swappable battery.
>/g/'s wet dream
>>
>>51270543
>megapickels
Also how is the battery with 1900mah? Do you carry spares?
>>
>>51270680
Battery is bretty guud so far. 2.5 hrs sot and 24hrs on a charge until it's at 20%.
a better quality bat would last prob longer with such capacity, but hey
>it was only 99 cents
>>
Anyone know if any of the lower-end Samsung phones are any good?
>>
>>51270867
no. high end samesung is terrible so i can imagine how shitty their budget phone is
>>
moto /g/ 2013 still alive and kicking.

dropped it hundreds of times and the screen is still clear, the plastic edges not so much
>>
File: IMG_20151109_180643.jpg (795 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151109_180643.jpg
795 KB, 2560x1920
Scored an LG D415 (L90) for $25 on craigslist. The owner said the mic and a couple other things were fucked up and flashing a custom rom fixed it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151109-181852.png (54 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151109-181852.png
54 KB, 540x960
>>51270912
Oops wrong pic
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.