[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Porco dio. I believed that network security is a meme after a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: TL-WA850RE-04[1].jpg (31 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
TL-WA850RE-04[1].jpg
31 KB, 590x442
Porco dio.
I believed that network security is a meme after a certain degree. i believed that i've nothing to fear, as long as i have strong password and i don't leave it around. I secured my home with the same things everybody use, a WPA2, a strong WPA2 with no words related to me or my family. Today i launched a network scan via windows, i should have found my 3 computer and my nas, but instead the screen was full of connected computers. i immediately changed my password, but i thought it was an error in the network scan in windows. however just in case i started checking my network, i disabled the WPS in every router that entered my house and a dictonary brute attack was out of question. i launched a wifi scan and i found that this fucker (pic related) was the cause. No wps button, no wps in the settings menu but it had a wps and it was "configured". this was the flaw in my network and my l33t h4x0r neighbor gained access through it to 450GB of private files on my nas.
This is the first and the last thing i buy from TPLINK
Porco dio che cazzo di bisogno c'era di mettere il WPS su un fottuto ripetitore
>>
U can connect to tplinkrepeater.net through ethernet and secure that shit up u pleb
>>
>>51269237
kek la mia scuola ha avuto lo stesso problema, e il preside non lo sa ancora che tutti sanno la password
>>
>>51269458
now while raging i just disconnected that shit from the wall and i will probably just make it explode during the next new year's eve, anyway i clearly remember that while i was setting it up i haven't seen a fucking setting in the menu, and IT DOESN'T HAVE A WPS BUTTON fuck this, it should be clear if an AP has the wps function, it's a fucking flaw everyone knows
>>
>>51269490
vabbè, fossero questi i problemi, a 16 anni ho craccato la WEP della scuola perchè nessuno sapeva la password e per un mese e mezzo ho fornito il wifi dal mio telefono alle LIM, l'ho fatto perchè mi sono rotto il cazzo. ma questo è un altro discorso. Comunque il mio vicino non ha avuto accesso a casa mia e al pulsante, ha fatto un attacco al WPS che è un algoritmo di merda.
Sorry /g/uys, i promise i won't talk in italian again
>>
>>51269514
Good to know though. I've considered buying repeaters but was really worried about security.

Fry it or blow it up and post results.
>>
>>51269566
>2003+
>wep
>wps
cosa c'è di sbagliato in certe persone?
>>
>>51269585
i don't know what i'll do with it, if i'll shot at it it won't be during this thread's lifetime. i liked it because it's very comfortable, but i think i'll just go back to my old second router or i'll buy a netgear next time. i'd suggest to check with programs like wifiinfoview if you have something in your network you don't trust.
>>
>>51269631
per favore, parla in inglese.
i know, it's incredible, the fun thing is that those who create those networks are actual "professionists" payed to do that job. And even if the whole attack lasted like 15 minutes the password that came out was complex (10+ characters, alfanumeric with special characters) like it mattered
>>
>>51269566
>l'ho fatto perchè mi sono rotto il cazzo
Italiano non è la mia lingua primaria ma...se ho capito bene: you broke your dick.
What.

>>51269676
>complex alphanumeric pw
Lol. Guess its better than password123, makes it look like they tried so they can get paid.
>>
>not using a 16 char key
tr -cd [:alnum:] < /dev/urandom | head -c 16; echo
>>
>>51269854
Good job, retard
zsh: no matches found: [:alnum:]
>>
>>51269773
"Rotto il cazzo" means pissed off but yeah, it's correct what you said.
>>
>>51269927
plebby little shell you've got there if you can't execute a basic command on it. bash has no problem with that.
>>
>>51269927
What can you expect from a mac's zsh?
>>
>>51269986
A mac's zsh?
 ~ >> lsb_release -a
LSB Version: 1.4
Distributor ID: Arch
Description: Arch Linux
Release: rolling
Codename: n/a
>>
File: GoodOne.jpg (45 KB, 1123x870) Image search: [Google]
GoodOne.jpg
45 KB, 1123x870
>>51269927
>zsh
>Good job, retard
>>
OP here, I lost your conversation
>>
Tornatevene su Diochan porcaddio
>>
>>51269237
Just changed my router password this week. Previous one was " 34Dv7G$Z)$wf)PT# ". God damn unbreakable.
>>
>>51269927
portable version :^)
tr -cd "[:alnum:]" < /dev/urandom | head -c 16; echo #tested with bash 4.3.42, zsh 5.1.1, ksh93 2012-08-01, mksh r51, dash 0.5.8, 5.2.14, oksh eb2e067
>>
>>51270264
thanks genius, the problem was not with the password, that was too difficult for a dictionary attack. the problem was an AP with WPS enabled which will make even your strong password easily breakable.
>>
>>51269237
Find the fucker and ask him about it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.