[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LED light bulbs and cameras,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: picture2.png (78 KB, 269x254) Image search: [Google]
picture2.png
78 KB, 269x254
I recently purchased some led light bulbs and I noticed something strange about them...particularly that they have a small pinhole on the face of the bulb, What are the chances this is a microphone or camera? They were made in china.
>>
>>51268861

Better the chinks than the nsa
>>
>>51268861
> What are the chances this is a microphone or camera?
Literally zero. Thats an index for the the PCB to seat properly on the aluminum disc heat sink under it.
>>
>>51268861
What the fuck are they going to do, stick a 4g chip into every bulb and connect to some Chinese cell towers that they magically erected all over the US?
>>
File: shame.jpg (35 KB, 275x350) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
35 KB, 275x350
>led
>light bulbs

Pick one
>>
>>51268955
I like this explanation better than a camera or mic,
>>51268981
I was thinking more like an RF carrier or something
>>
>>51269020
If you look through this guy's channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/electronupdate/videos

you can see he tears down tons of various LED bulbs to show all of their components, and performance characteristics. The flat circuit board seated atop a little disc is a pretty common configuration.
>>
>>51269012
>using pieces of shit like incandescent bulbs that use a brazillion watts or using meem shit like CFLs that die after 2 weeks
>>
>>51268861
How do you think leds are made? They put several leds mixed until they make baby leds. That led looks like it's going to grow out just fine.
>>
>>51269056

Look, another moron.
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 488x318) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9 KB, 488x318
>>51269149
>mfw I could run both my desktop and my server, or an entire 2.25 incandescent bulbs
Brah, stop being a fucking retard. Thanks.
>>
>>51269054
Thanks for the channel I couldn't find my specific off-brand but it does seem a common configuration except on the other bulbs I can't see anything similar to what is on my bulb
>>
>>51269190
I think me meant LED=/= light bulbs.
>>
>>51269317
>take LED
>add diffuser
>suddenly light bulb
Given that he posted some grandpa, which doesn't even fucking make sense since incandescents are grandpa-tier, he obviously meant that light bulbs made using superior LED technology are somehow inferior to the shitty alternatives.
>>
this thread is turning into a led vs edison debate
>>
>>51269317
>LED=/= light bulbs
wut? Are people not aware that LED lightbulbs exist?
>>
>>51269589

And anybody arguing in favour of Edison is just incorrect.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.