[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one objectively bad thing about Ubuntu after disabling web
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 11
Name one objectively bad thing about Ubuntu after disabling web search.
Hint: Not being able to create an ultra minimalist anime desktop is not a reason.
>>
Bloat.
>>
>>51268433
after configuring apt-get to avoid installed recommended packages, there are no reasons.
this is how you do it, btw:
/etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Install-Recommends "false";
APT::Install-Suggests "false";
Acquire::Languages { "none"; };

>>51268444
>Hint: Not being able to create an ultra minimalist anime desktop is not a reason.
>>
>>51268433
Shit repos and repo contents.
More importantly, it's not Gentoo.

Install Gentoo.
>>
>>51268433
I don't mind it, but there are more lightweight distros out there and better DEs.
I mainly use Linux on my old builds so they don't go to waste.
>>
>>51268433
Outdated packages, mainly.
>>
>>51268433
Unity.
Use Kubuntu instead.
>>
>>51268526
I never said it had to be ultra minimalist anime you turbo autist, holy shit.
>>
File: 1418926229393.jpg (536 KB, 1700x1181) Image search: [Google]
1418926229393.jpg
536 KB, 1700x1181
>>
>>51268433
>Hint: Not being able to create an ultra minimalist anime desktop is not a reason.

You know, you can install ubuntu minimal for that

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
>>
File: stallmanfacepalmcrop.jpg (246 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stallmanfacepalmcrop.jpg
246 KB, 500x500
>>51268433
https://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html#Ubuntu

>Ubuntu provides specific repositories of nonfree software, and Canonical expressly promotes and recommends nonfree software under the Ubuntu name in some of their distribution channels. Ubuntu offers the option to install only free packages, which means it also offers the option to install nonfree packages too. In addition, the version of Linux, the kernel, included in Ubuntu contains firmware blobs.
>
>The “Ubuntu Software Center” lists proprietary programs and free programs jumbled together. It is hard to tell which ones are free since proprietary programs for download at no charge are labelled “free”.
>
>Since October 2012, Ubuntu sends personal data about users' searches to a server belonging to Canonical, which sends back ads to buy things from Amazon. This does not, strictly speaking, affect whether Ubuntu is free software, but it is a violation of users' privacy. It also encourages buying from Amazon, a company associated with DRM as well as mistreatment of workers, authors and publishers.
>
>This adware is one of the rare occasions in which a free software developer persists in keeping a malicious feature in its version of a free program.
>
>Ubuntu appears to permit commercial redistribution of exact copies with the trademarks; removal of the trademarks is required only for modified versions. That is an acceptable policy for trademarks. The same page, further down, makes a vague and ominous statement about “Ubuntu patents,” without giving enough details to show whether that constitutes aggression or not.

in other words, it's objectively shit.
>>
>>51268624
>watches anime
>calls others turbo autist
top kek
>>
>>51268433
>unity
>apt-get
>ubuntu
>>
>>51268433
I am too much of a freetard to use Ubuntu, but I am considering trading Debian for Ubuntu for convenience.
>>
>>51268433
Ubuntu is fine. but yaourt is more comfy than apt
>>
history of buggy graphics stack
funds its own NIH projects that no one else uses and that are a pain in the ass to port anyway
harmful licensing terms
less stable than Debian
gross orange/purple colors
yum is better than apt
>>
>>51268600
>KDE
back to garbage can
>>
>>51268444
>not choosing which packages to install and which to remove

>needing to rely on others to make them a comfy minimal distro
>>
>>51268862
Why is ubuntu more convenient than debian?
>>
>>51268592
>not compiling from source
Shig
>>
>>51268761
>RMS says so

Into the bin.
>>
>>51268928
non-free packages and drivers in the repos
>>
File: windows_10_floppy_disk.jpg (30 KB, 648x348) Image search: [Google]
windows_10_floppy_disk.jpg
30 KB, 648x348
It's linux.

/thread
>>
>>51268961
Ubuntu recommends and provides non-free packages by default. That's a fact.

Please don't appeal to the genetic fallacy -- it's pathetic.
>>
>>51268997
Why do winfags like to spoil every fucking thread?
>>
>>51268842
>implying
>>
>>51268526
if i use a distro that isn't as fat i don't have to autismally prune through it, to say nothing of the shittiness of apt
>>
File: edited_bug_eyed_goldfish.jpg (5 KB, 203x177) Image search: [Google]
edited_bug_eyed_goldfish.jpg
5 KB, 203x177
>>51269026
I was answering a question. Put down your mountain dew neet.
>>
>Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning "I can't configure Debian".
>>
>>51268592
They're really not that out of date in 15.10, so as usual this is a non-reason. Anything you need a newer version of will have a ppa or you can be a real leet dude and compile it from source. It's not difficult.
>>
>>51269084
>Name one objectively bad thing about Ubuntu after disabling web search.
>after disabling web search.
You illiterate nigger, when will you learn to read?
>>
Antergos exists
>>
>>51268433

Unity
>>
>>51269026
Yea this thread was going so well till that post showed up.
Fuck you for this thread, OP. You've proven nothing other then the fact that you like Ubuntu. It's not a distro for everyone. Some want or need something less resource intensive. Some want complete control of packages from the start. Some just think Unity looks like ass. I'm not one of those people and I think Ubuntu is fine for my needs after installing a decent WM.
But holy shit OP, get over yourself. Ubuntu or it's derivatives aren't "bad" because of /g/'s love for Chinese cartoons. It's "bad" because it doenst fit one person's desires or needs.
Can you basically turn Ubuntu into another distro? Sure but, why would you? What do you have to prove other than shoehorning everyone's ideals in order to justify your blind fanboy mentality?

Yea I'll take the hook out of my mouth now.
>>
>>51269164
Antergos is for people who are just too dumb for Arch. Get rekt, 鬼メイジ
>>
File: ich.jpg (9 KB, 432x267) Image search: [Google]
ich.jpg
9 KB, 432x267
>>51269136

I'll spell it out for you fatty

It's not compatible with real world software
Drivers
Support consists of searching through neckbeard forums for hours
It looks like shit
Amazon on Taskbar

The fucking space shuttle runs windows.

But but....my RMS!!! He said I should like FOSS!!

Just as much as a sheep as appelfags.
>>
>>51269287
>The fucking space shuttle runs windows.
>>
>>51269287
>space shuttle
>windows
Citation needed, lard-tub.
>>
>>51268975
You could just add non-free to /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>>51269287
It's not compatible with normie tier softwares because it's linux. Linux is a given context, it it's not linux, it's not ubuntu. All you had to do is to remember you do not use ubuntu and disregard this thread but you had to spoil it.

>Support consists of searching through neckbeard forums for hours
The identity of forum users is not important, ubuntu is a free (not completely) distro, it's obviously less supported than windows.

>Amazon on Taskbar
OP asks to find flaws ubuntu as a linux distro AFTER DISABLING THE SEARCH, fuckwit

>The fucking space shuttle runs windows.
>Picture of a fish
kek

TL;DR: Why are you still here? >>>/v/
>>
File: ISS_Crew_Laptop_Wide.png (747 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
ISS_Crew_Laptop_Wide.png
747 KB, 800x480
>>51269329
>>
>>51269417
10/10 citation skills
>>
Objetive toughts about Ubuntu Server?
>>
>>51269426

>Posts photo of astronauts in space running windows
>paint by numbers Linux autistic still argue

Go shill somewhere else
>>
>>51269477
It's a personal laptop, not the space shuttle, the space shuttle is not operated by any Linux system, as it appears in the picture. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>51269417
>Astronaut running the whole space shuttle with his laptop.
Now thats l337
>>
>>51268433

my wifi keeps fucking disconnecting on it, especially downloading updates. i'm switching to mint
>>
>>51269417
even your picture says "ISS" you retard.
>>
>>51269477
>astronauts in space running windows
>astronauts...running windows
>not the space shuttle
Nice one, krishna
>>
>>51269417
>>51269477
source of your image: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-13/html/iss013e40000.html
>ISS, not space shuttle
>2006

unsurprisingly, as of 2013, the ISS uses debian instead of winders: http://www.zdnet.com/article/to-the-space-station-and-beyond-with-linux/

stop being such a dipshit. you're not even good at it
>>
>>51269287
Enjoy the featured ads in you start menu, faggot
>>
>>51269263
Or people who are lazy. Like me.
>>
>>51268433
It's packages are abominations, seriously everything is modded, from the shitty Ubuntu branding to functions being ripped away for not reason whatsoever.
Most of their packages are like this, specially the kernel.
>>
>>51268433
Unity
>>
>>51269796
examples?
>>
i use ubuntu server. no bloat for me
>>
>>51269829
>specially the kernel.
There you got one example, feel free to check ubuntu's source code and make a diff from the one of kernel.org

You can see it for yourself in userspace programs, most of the time they got some Ubuntu branding lying aroud.
>>
>>51268433
comes with nonfree software
>>
Apt+dpkg is a convoluted, breakage-prone mess and you can't even downgrade a package unless you pin it to a release. Dnf+rpm is more advanced by about two decades, and RPM is part of the LSB. The format the incompetent coattail-riders at debian shit out is not. Debian/ubuntu marketing will never make it better.

Debian and ubuntu = meme distros for ignorant ricers
RHEL/CentOS/Fedora = superior, and what you'll end up using regardless because systemd will swallow everything and the incompetent maintainers of other distros can't be assed to patch gnome to work without logind or make a working udev
>>
>>51268433
It blows. Install mint.
>>
>>51269871
>feel free to check ubuntu's source code and make a diff from the one of kernel.org
i don't have the burden of proof here, you tard
>>
>>51270154
He was giving you a choice to check if he was correct.
>>
>>51270253
sorry, but i don't spend my spare time verifying the claims of random dumbshits on yugoslavian wood-chopping boards.
>>
For bloat:
Chromebook Crouton versions of Ubuntu are minialistic, even with Unity over XFCE there is no amazon shit, extra media players, not even a browser.
You get thunar, a terminal, and one time after an update i also got 2 extra themes for XFCE.
>>
>>51268920
What's wrong with Kubuntu/KDE?
>>
>>51270016
>using mint for any reason
>ever

Xubuntu is a better Mint than Mint.
>>
Is Fedora also considered a Just Werks distro for everyday use? How much newer are the packages compared to Ubuntu?
>>
>>51270473
Yugoslavia does not fall within this meme type. It is an ex Eastern european country and does not belong within the meme 'insert east Asian country, insert creative activity, board'
>>
>>51271007
>getting buttblasted about memes on nicaraguan bread-baking boards
>>
>>51268433
6-month outdated software
>>
Unity
Upstart
Mir
Snappy
Shuttlekek
botnet
>>
I honestly like the comfiness of Trisquel, but APT is garbage when I try to remove something and it prunes the system or can't even clean up after itself.
>>
>>51271219
that's just packagers being retarded/metapackages
>>
>>51271237
I've given some thought to going back, but it's either Parabola, Slackware, or gentoo/funtoo at this point. And I can't install Gentoo/funtoo.
>>
I had 2 hdds in my computer. One for Win10 and one for Ubuntu. Guess which HDD it decided to copy the boot information to? NOT THE ONE FOR UBUNTU
>>
>>51270609
Yes, I use it for everyday stuff
>>
>>51271257
Couldn't you have just copied the boot partition to the other HDD or changed your /etc/fstab?
>>
>>51268433
Using Mir not Wayland
Using Upstart not systemd

I don't like Ubuntu because they believe in Not Invented Here
>>
>>51271291
In the install it mounted the wrong esp so I guess it was just the boot files it got wrong. I didn't try copying them over. I guess it might have worked
>>
>>51271334
I don't see how it wouldn't have, but I don't use EFI.
>>
Anyone know how outdated debian packages are compared to ubuntu?
>>
Why not use a real Linux distro thst accepts the community. One that gives back to the community and takes advantage of all its benefits. I dont want to support anyone who isn't giving anything to upstream.
>>
>>51268928
because it is.
>>
>>51271372
So use a fsf certified distro.
>>
>>51271353
Read the package versions compared to Debian 8 vs ubuntu
>>
>>51271372
Canonical upstreams a lot and only one more upstreaming than Canonical is Red Hat.
>>
>>51271372
>>51271388
Do Debian and Fedora count?
>>
>>51271433
Nope.
Gnewsense is a debian based 100% free software distro though.
>>
>>51269022
I know that. It is Stallman's allegation that such a practise is wrong that is false.
>>
>>51270609
nope. Fedora doesn't allow nonfree and patented software, so is far away from just works.

Ubuntu and Fedora's stable release update policies are very similar - no major updates - and both have a 6-month release cycle, so not much difference.
>>
>>51270534
KDE Plasma 5 is still alpha software, repeating how KDE Plasma 4 was released.
>>
>>51271470
But tallman is correct/
>>
>>51271470
I don't see the relevance of Stallman to your argument, but okay.

Do you agree that users have more freedom when software is free? If so, distributing non-free software limits users' freedom.

Why do that?
>>
>>51269871
>specially the kernel.
>There you got one example, feel free to check ubuntu's source code and make a diff from the one of kernel.org
bullshit and clearly you did not do what you are suggesting.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Specs/TrustyKernelDeltaReview

Canonical is mostly just cherry-picking newer stuff and is after Red Hat the distro vendor that upstreams most for the kernel. also maintaining stable kernels.
>>
>>51271388
those do nothing for the community and just leech off real distros by removing stuff.
>>
The fact that Ubuntu enables spying by default is reason alone to NOT use Ubuntu or any of it's derivatives. Out of principle one needs to use Linux distros that protect the privacy of it's users and respect their freedoms.
>>
>>51271669
Red Hat is a true Linux company that promotes free software and contributes tremendously to it.

Canonical are parasites that want to use Linux for ulterior motives.
>>
>Can't change cursor
>Can't move dock
>Can't have dock only hide when windows are in front of it
>Can't change system colors independent of theme
>>
>>51271165
it's the best linux distros can do when there's no stable ABI/API/SDK.
both Fedora and Ubuntu discussed rolling releases and it's just not really feasible:
https://www.scrye.com/wordpress/nirik/2013/01/04/on-rolling-releases/
>>
>>51268653
>Minimal
d00d, so i just download make a bootable pendrive and install? is that simple?
>>
>>51268433
there is literally no reason to use ubuntu and the proprietary software that is packaged with it, it has no functional advantage. want to be a developer? use centos. want to run a server? literally any distro is more suited for that. what the fuck is the point of ubuntu? its essentially windows with terminal
>>
>>51271727
no distro does protect your privacy. Enjoy getting your software only from their walled gardens aka repos.

it's like every other month that Debian finds something in the browser that phones home, too.

the whole connecting to the internet on some obscure OS like Linux is not helping your privacy at all.

there are so many infoleaks it's not even funny anymore and kernel devs don't even consider them bugs.

desktop linux is utter failure when it comes to security (hello X.org w/o GUI isolation). so even if they would try to protect their user's privacy, bad actors can just bypass it.

on GUADEC 2014 there were some calls for focusing on privacy, but nothing came off it. instead Gnome has now google drive integration and Gnome devs are happy that Win 10 has some features from Gnome 3.
https://lwn.net/Articles/607047/
>>
>>51271938
>want to be a developer? use centos
clearly you are not a dev or else you wouldn't want such an ancient environment.

bonus points for recommending a distro that has a point release gap of 1-2 months to RHEL. everyone will own you in that time span, where you don't get any security updates.
>>
>>51272028
shut the fuck up undergraduate, naturally your workplace would be using rhel but the average person cannot spend 1100 a month for a licence.
>>
>Unity
>apt
>Ubuntu
kek
>not DWM
>not emerge
>not Gentoo
name one objectively good thing
>>
>>51272055
RHEL doesn't cost that much.
and no, silicon valley mostly uses Ubuntu (see Google) not RHEL, which is more popular in ancient businesses replacing their old unix setups.
>>
>>51268433
Something is wrong with unity so it "alt tabs" without me doing anything and sometimes does either right or left mouseclick.
>>
>>51268444
Windows installs are >20 GB. Nice try.
>>
>>51272028
>everyone will own you in that time span
utter bullshit. RHEL 5 will continue to get security updates for another 2 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux#Product_life_cycle

>>51271987
You're missing the point. >>51271727 was suggesting that GNU/Linux protects your privacy better than the main alternatives (i.e., Windows and OS X), not that a typical distro is oriented at privacy. You're falsely painting privacy as black-and-white here.

I also think you're conflating privacy with security. Yes, components of GNU/Linux like Xorg are insecure as fuck, but at least the operating system itself doesn't actively harm your privacy like Windows 10's phone-home features do.

(I'm confused by your statement that repositories are a "walled garden." I've only seen that term mean a monopoly, and distros' repositories certainly aren't.)

Still, I agree that GNOME's integration with Google Drive is WTF-worthy. At this point, I'm guessing that most of the GNOME devs don't give two shits about freedom, but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>51268433
My music software addons don't work with it. My music software does work with it after heavy modification though.
>>
>>51271938
>no functional advantage
>its essentially windows with terminal
nice contradiction
>>
>>51271938

It's supposed to be Linux for people that can't into computers but honestly I've always found mint to be a lot better suited for your entry level user. Strangely enough I've always found mint ran noticeably better on the shitty hardware that I put it on too.
>>
>>51269057
but that depends on the configuration of the distro, and also, on your knowledge of it
don't blame the distro for your stupidity
>>
>>51268444
>mfw I run it, with Unity, on a 10 year old laptop and its smooth as fuck
I'm sure your machine isn't as shit as mine. Stop being such a fucking OCD faggot.
>>
The origin of Ubuntu...

>Hey let's take Debian and fuck it all up and spend a lot of money marketing it.

Just use Debian.
>>
>>51272395
Let's be fair, at that time Debian didn't release for like three years, Anon-kun.
>>
>>51272221
>utter bullshit. RHEL 5 will continue to get security updates for another 2 years
what does RHEL has to do with CentOS update delays?
and wikipedia is wrong, RHEL 5 will be supported for longer, just pay Red Hat.

>GNU/Linux protects your privacy better than the main alternatives
it doesn't. privacy by obscurity doesn't work. in fact, it makes you stand out.

>I also think you're conflating privacy with security
can't have any privacy without security.

>repositories are a "walled garden."
it pretty much fits the definition and we have Torvalds ranting about it. it certainly isn't like windows where upstream can just give you the software. there are some gatekeepers with arbitrary and cryptic rules.
>>
>>51268433
Yes it is.
>>
>>51272455
No, it isn't. I'd say it's objectively better because people aren't doing that gay shit. Get rekt, faggot.
>>
>>51272473
>customization isn't good
Ubuntufags, everyone!
>>
>>51272395
Clearly you do not understand the symbioses of Ubuntu and Debian.
Ubuntu brings you a stable Debian every 6 months and more.
~50% of all Debian commits come from Ubuntu devs upstreaming things now.
>>
File: I_beg_your_pardon.jpg (43 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
I_beg_your_pardon.jpg
43 KB, 300x199
>>51268444
>Bloat

To anyone out there who is refuting this man. Please take note of this observational situation that I found myself in this past weekend.

>Buy Dell Inspiron 3050 as a media computer
>Install Ubuntu in place of Windows 8

Running like shit would be a compliment.

>reformat with a fresh install of Lubuntu

It now runs like butter on a freshly baked biscuit.

How would any of you explain this? Get educated.
>>
>>51272455
so why aren't you using Ubuntu Core?
>>
>>51272480
more like linux nubs not understanding ubuntu and too stupid to skip the installer.
>>
OP is shilling with the same thread again.
How much is canonical paying you OP?
>>
>>51272480
Who said you can't customize Ubuntu? If you think that's true, you're a fucking idiot. If you have a problem with "bloat" and want to spread FUD that Ubuntu is shit, and unusable because of said (~6 GB installed size) bloat, you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>51272511
I run a piece of shit, 2006 Dell Latitude D620 and it works fine, blame your hardware, nigger.
>>
>>51269022
But the post about RMS is just an appeal to authority. RMS is not and will never be the objective decider of whether something is trash

He was only pointing that out.
>>
I use only Linux Mint, I like the defaults and Cinnamon. Ubuntu is fine.
>>
>>51268433
When you're done removing all the bad things about Ubuntu you are left with Debian.
>>
>>51268600
this.

what pissed me off about that is that ubuntu used to be the first distro that really made an effort to streamline and polish things design wise. simplify them. and then they just stopped and started adding crap.
>>
>>51273822
also the rectangular icons ... it made sense on iOS because it's a really small screen and you need to use all the space you have. there's a reason they didn't use that on OSX.

it's just so wonky. and there's no real reason to make it vertical either. "screen real estate" is such a retarded argument.
>>
>>51273860
...But it doesn't have rectangular icons, Anon-kun. They are normal icons in square buttons.
>>
>>51268433
Absurd difficulty installing virtualbox guest addons

Works fine on windows and debian, ubuntu has no excuses
>>
>>51268433
The lamest shit about Ubuntu is the popularity of that Nixie Pixel bitch.
>>
Having the dock on the left side of the screen
>IntoTheTrashItGoes.jpg
>>
>>51268433
Web search is now disabled
>>
>>51268444

we live in an age of terrabyte harddrives and you complain about 2 gigs jesus christ man
>>
>>51272511

I run Lubuntu too, fucking awesome. What version are you using?
>>
>>51272632
6GB is huge for an operating system.
>>
>>51273936
now there is a name i have not heard in a while, didnt her channel die or something
>>
>>51273153
nope, still different release cycles and Debian isn't hardened like Ubuntu is.
https://outflux.net/blog/archives/2014/02/03/compiler-hardening-in-ubuntu-and-debian/
>>
>>51276534
if only you weren't retarded and could override the defaults.
but archfags can't resist installers and arch needed to remove the installer, so they don't have any other choice.
>>
>>51268433
The Unity DE can't be customized a lot.

It isn't designed for lower-end PC
>>
>>51277921
>The Unity DE can't be customized a lot.
is that supposed to be a bad thing?
considering no other distro really offers Unity, but Ubuntu has all the other DE/WMs what are you actually criticizing. they added a choice you don't like?

>It isn't designed for lower-end PC
if only you could change the defaults
>>
File: i d.jpg (78 KB, 540x767) Image search: [Google]
i d.jpg
78 KB, 540x767
It's easy to install so normies can use it. They've already hijacked gaming and pepe and I'm not gonna use the things that they use.
>>
>>51277985
normies can't install any OS - not even windows, that's why it's pre-installed.
>>
>>51278012
Fuck off with your facebook definition of a normie

Everyone who even has one friend in real life is a normie.
>>
File: 1201.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1201.jpg
220 KB, 1600x1200
>>51269287
>yfw rms is the steve jobs in linux world
>>
>>51278049
no
>>
Forced mouse acceleration
>>
>>51270564
>Mint is just XFECES
ok
>>
>>51271329
>Using Upstart not systemd
it's using Systemd since 15.04 or 15.10
>>
>>51268433
gnome-commander is broken.
>>
>>51278214
15.04 and technically it's still using upstart for some parts, because systemd is missing functionality. but well, Canonical is the only one caring about the desktop, so that's to be expected.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/RaringUpstartUserSessions
>>
Because I have to do too much fiddling to get it right whereas Fedora and Debian or ready to go.
>>
>>51278688
bullshit, just look at the ugly fonts in Fedora and Debian.
furthermore, only Ubuntu doesn't care about stupid politics like nonfree or patented software and just works.
>>
>>51278711
You can install more fonts dickhead. If you really want, you can install non free software by adding another repository or just installing the package itself. Do us a favor and commit suicide.
>>
>>51268433
>NAME ONE THING EXCEPT THESE THINGS I ARBITRARILY REJECT
No.
>>
>>51278734
>You can install more fonts dickhead
1. the claim was that Fedora and Debian is ready to go. having to install shit isn't.
2. the problem isn't the fonts but the rendering. you need additional packages and change configs.
>>
>>51270154
Yes you fucking do you tard, you're on an anonymous chinese board, nobody gives a shit about what you think, the proof was given, it's up to you to verify it.
>>
>>51271669
>865 patches
>Not a unmodded kernel
Yeah nah, also bring the lastest kernel next time, not some old as fuck crap
>>
Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep properly.
>>
>>51279786
1. trusty is still relevant

2. it was claimed that Ubuntu's kernel is a abominations. but in fact, it has hardly any patches and most are just cherry picks from upstream

3. no one wants an unmodded kernel.
if you want to have latest stable kernels, do as fedora, i.e. follow kernel dev and upstream patches & cherrypick before next stable.
if you have the manpower to backport, do as debian/ubuntu/rhel and keep a boring old kernel with no surprises.
>>
>>51268444
>he doesn't know about the netinstall
kekkekkek
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.