[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who Vizio here? http://arstechnica.com/security/201 5/11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Vizio.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Vizio.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
So who Vizio here?

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/11/own-a-vizio-smart-tv-its-watching-you/
>>
Not here, we /samsung/
>>
>>51269431
>Buying Samshit.
>>
>smart tv
no thanks
>>
>>51269431
giving money the the chink jew who stole technology from our animu providing gods.
kys.
>>
>>51268375
Literally anything that contains "smart" in the name is designed to watch you
>>51269431
Samshit is much worse in this regard, fuck off shill
>>
>>51269446
>>51269595
>>51269805
You guys have way to much sodium in your diet being this salty.
>>
>>51268375
me.

but i don't have it connected to the internet because why would i?
>>
>>51270610
It connects to the internet through airwaves.
>>
Are hitachi tv's any good?
>>
Been waiting for this

I have been with LG for a long time. Last TV I bought is 6 years old. Has the quality changed?
>>
>>51268375
i have a 32 inch vizio non smart my dog knocked it over and broke the LCD
>>
>>51273679

LG is exclusively producing OLEDs.

If you missed out on superior Plasma display tech, get OLED!
>>
>>51270637
Can confirm. I used a USRP N200 and can see it connecting to the internet using a proprietary protocol. After dissecting the raw data, I came across what looked like network packets.
>>
>>51276258
Nah we quantum dots now senpai
>>
i got a 50in 4k vizio on black friday last year for 650.
is pretty good. the smart apps are worthless to me. i have so many other devices that can already do that stuff, so i dont see the point.

it has those individually lighting back light zones, but the model i have has roughly half the zones they have now. when they work, its pretty neat. the blacks are really nice, even in a completely dark room.
but when a bit of white text over a black background comes up, the backlight becomes really obvious and distracting. sometimes it even bounes all around like its not sure where to light up.

setting the refresh rate modes is a headache. the custom profile reverts back to its original state if you change to, say, game or cinema mode, which it tries to do automatically.
so you keep having to go in and mabually set it to how you like it.

the stand feels flimsy as fuck. if you bump it just a bit the whole thing wobbles all around.
>>
>>51268375

>UR SMRT TV IS WATCHIN' U!
>Ignore that your Cell Phone, Video Game Console, iDevice, and more do the same thing too...CUZ UR TV DOES IT!!!
>>
God tier Sony HX850 here.
>>
I'm /westinghouse/
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>51268375

Got this bad bad boy right here, is great, I YouTube and Netflix all day on it, always wondered why the ads were so good, thanks Vizio

http://www.microcenter.com/product/449775/50_(Refurbished)_Ultra_HD_LED_Smart_TV
>>
>>51268375
I have a D series with no internet services.
>>
>>51276297
?

Current quantum dot displays are just a back-light modification. Come back to me when we get emissive displays.
>>
>>51276461

Never ever.
>>
>>51276416

8/10, I laughed audibly
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.