[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will a Macbook with a quad core 2nd Gen i7 and 8GB RAM be powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Macbook pro.jpg (256 KB, 2256x1208) Image search: [Google]
Macbook pro.jpg
256 KB, 2256x1208
Will a Macbook with a quad core 2nd Gen i7 and 8GB RAM be powerful enough to run a DAW for recording multiple tracks and plugins?

>inb4 "do you eat shit out of your own hands?"
>>
Friend of mine uses a macbook air for recording, so probably.
>>
>>51267777
checked. Also do you know the specs of it?
>>
>>51267753
Easily.
>>
>>51267753
yes you dumb nigger, it will run any daws
>>
>>51267809
MBA 2014 13"
>Haswell 1,7 GHz Intel Core i7
>8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
>Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
>512gb SSD
I don't know what exactly he does with it and how well it works. He just told me that he takes it to the rehearsal and uses it to record all the instrument tracks, for doing some mixing and to play samples.
>>
>>51268002
Since he hasn't been complaining to me and still uses it I just assume that it works fine.
>>
>>51267753
Any macbook pro circa. 2011 early spring and onward will do just fine, anon.

I can confirm this myself, I own the 15 inch early spring 2011 macbook pro and I run Logic Pro X on it with Komplete 10 from native instruments. I can have several instances of Massive, FM8, Alchemy, or whatever else I want running just fine. It only starts to bog down once I get around 20 or so tracks, but you can get around that by just "freezing" midi tracks which converts them into an audio track and frees up your cpu so you can keep going.
>>
Do you eat shit out of your own hands?
>>
>>51268304
Ha ha well memed :^)
>>
>>51268026
That's pretty much what i'll be doing with it, cheers m8
>>
>>51267753
>>51268002
>>51268026
kill yourself lmao
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.