[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >i7+ssd+windows10 and very little to hide afterall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
>be me
>i7+ssd+windows10 and very little to hide afterall
>decide to try for the billionth time GNEE+LEXUS
>download elementaryOS ISIS, freya was kinda good at it's time, after the gui fixes
>it's shit, resource hog and no proprietary driver works
>download ubuntu 15.10
>discover horrified they dropped gnome at unity favor, try to install KDE, it takes forever and breaks the system
>install again, this time this time with a little more caution, end up with a hybrid unity+kde desktop, and nothing wich works
>download and install kubuntu
>gui is terrible, spend 20 minutes figuring out where wi.fi proprieties are, end up connecting via ethernet
>back to windows and head to /g/

I'm desperate
need a good distro wich doesn't shit the bed as soon as i hit the screen brightness slider send help
>>
>>51267032
LOL

also, yeah linux has to be a meme.

I've tried plenty of distros, I currently have Lubuntu because it takes very little to get it running but it's got more bugs than the swamp where I buried my wife.
>>
File: 1389815712530.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
1389815712530.png
161 KB, 350x227
>>51267032
>eOS
>Ubuntu

I'm almost admiring for your sense of picking shitty distros.

>send help

Guess we've got an entitled piece of shit right there.
>>
Just install gentoo, anon
>>
>>51267032
errata corrige:
Luna* was kinda good

>>51267084
tell me wich distro should I run then
>>
>>51267032
>i7
botnet
>>
>>51267102
I'm starting to take this as an actual option, as well as making one distro myself
>>
Install Debian, but when you come to the screen where you can select desktop enviroments, just press space to unselect everything. When you boot up, you will be greeted by a command line. Install Xorg, Openbox, and tint2. Just experiment and Google from there.
>>
Mint or maybe Crunchbang plus plus
>>
>>51267032
Manjaro Comunity edition with the DE or WM you want.
>>
>>51267032
>Can't use elementaryOS
>Can't use ubuntu
>Only finds out about unity after 4 YEARS
>hurr durr why is this shit distro so shit

Don't bother, Linux is not for you
>>
>>51267032
Just go with Debian or Mint if you want actual suggestions. Debian is as stable as stable gets.
>>
Antergos
>>
>>51267655
or Sabayon if you want a preconfigured Gentoo experience. Portage works out of the box.
>>
>he installed linux on desktop

Poor misguided soul.

Linux belongs on the server. Windows on gaymen and office machines, OS X on creative and programming computers.
>>
Debian netinstall with cinnamon or arch
>>
Ubuntu minimal server install then do everything manually like in debian net install
>>
>>51267032
manjaro
>>
openSUSE
>>
>>51267110
openSUSE, Mint, Debian, and if you are into dicks, Manjaro.
>>
Ubuntu with Unity is your best bet. Support is fantastic and I have no idea why /flt/ dissuades people from using it (even if it is a little quirky).
>>
>>51267032
>literally so stupid he can't type a couple commands exactly
>literally too stupid to navigate google

install XFCE or Xubuntu

KDE is fucking trash you dumb cunt.
>>
>unable to use elementaryOS
>so easy a goyim could do it

stick to an iPad OP
>>
>>51267032
install arch using architect, if you can follow basic instructions and a little googling, then you will be fine. also, dont update every second, like once a week and very little should break.
>>
>Install windows
>Don't like it
>Learn to put up with it because you can't change it
>"Windows is okay i'm very productive and not some fucking ricer scum :^)"

>Install linux
>Don't like it
>You can change it
>Try
>Break it because you don't know what you're doing
>"LINUX IS SHIIIIIIIIT"

>Install windows
>No good drivers
>"THE PEOPLE THAT MADE MY GRAPHICS CARD ARE RETARDS"

>Install linux
>No good drivers
>"THE PEOPLE THAT MADE LINUX ARE RETARDS"
>>
>>51267738

Not everyone has 3000 dollars to buy overpriced apples to ran the shotty OSX, and not everyone wants to have Microshit spying on them. Linux is pretty good desktop alternative to these mainstream shits.
>>
Bait
>>
>>51271611
how?
>>
O p e n S U S E
p
e
n
S
U
S
E
>>
>>51271678
>OpenSUSE
>not openSUSE
>>
>>51267032
Slap a full Slackware install on the thing. Solid as a rock
>>
>>51267032
Install Gentoo.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.