[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /g/ manages their budget? I tried gnucash but it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images (11).jpg (36 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
36 KB, 470x313
How does /g/ manages their budget?

I tried gnucash but it was too bloated that I kept delaying my inputs and eventually abandoned the budget.

An excel file? But it's shit to maintain and to analyze the data.

Pen and paper? Same as excel.

SQL database? I am considering it if I get no efficient idea from this thread.
>>
i use my brain.
>>
>>51266274
>An excel file? But it's shit to maintain and to analyze the data.
I do this, it has downsides but it's solid. If I need a certain information I implement it in the worksheet.
>>
>>51266364
It is mostly for the data analysis and the maintenance that I don't like this option.

Though I don't mind scripting and an ugly UI if I am familiar with it, I am nothing close to an Excel wizard.
I for example, am faster using MATLAB if I have to plot a bunch of data.
>>
Financius on Android
>>
I just make sure I have enough money if I'm buying something expensive. Otherwise I just buy shit as I feel like it and in general my money just increases over time.
>>
>>51266274
I'm not poor. I don't live paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>51266678
Thanks. I am downloading it.

>>51266682
>>51266841
I think this way is living is good enough for a teenager or young adult but I cannot maintain such an unconscious behavior as I become more mature.
>>
In my head? I don't know. I make a good amount of money and don't have budget problems.
>>
>>51266678
Can financius do 3 accounts? I had Wallet, it was good for a while, but it went to shit after they put the third acc behind a paywall
>>
>>51266418
Then just use a csv and some shitty scripts
>>
File: 1.jpg (47 KB, 499x616) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
47 KB, 499x616
>>51267010
This is my backup plan. If I don't find something intuitive that does the job, I'll make a quick and dirty script myself.
>>
On one thand, these two. >>5126684 >>51266932
On the other hand, I'm thinking about buying a flat or something, so setting myself some budget for regular savings might be a good idea.
>>
>>51266903
>I cannot maintain such an unconscious behavior as I become more mature.
You mean less mature.

As you make fewer frivolous impulse purchases, this strategy works better.
>>
>>51267172
I mean that I cannot allow myself to make impulsive mistakes or compensate by "I'll skip breakfast for a week and eat bread and cupramen for dinner". I need to have a clearer mind and a better understanding of the pitfalls
>>
File: pixie cut.jpg (67 KB, 496x669) Image search: [Google]
pixie cut.jpg
67 KB, 496x669
>>51266274
>An excel file? But it's shit to maintain and to analyze the data.
>Pen and paper? Same as excel.
Are you retarded? Even a 10yo can do manage this without problems.
>>
excel dude, how many fucking expenses do you have?

unless you are in finance i cant imagine why you would need anything else, shit even pen and paper will work if you are younger
>>
>>51267463
I want to track my pitfalls, see if there are patterns in my wasted money. The excel stuff is too basic and hard to maintain in my opinion.

I do not trust my memory so objective tools might help me to cut these bad habits I have but lie to myself to ignore.
>>
I use a custom haskell program to manage my neetbux
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.